Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies into Jake Lever (confirmed - gone to Dees)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:10 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe we are just playing hard ball, so that we can get a better deal from Melbourne for our pick 6.

Petracca and 10 for our 6 and 36????
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 9:46 am

Im calling bluff from Collingwood.

I can only imagine this 'big play' is to push another agenda which is yet to be seen.

We don't have a reasonable (unless someone is leaving we don't know about) capacity to secure a second round selection let alone another first.

It could be a bit to help get Watts. It could be a bid to help get Saad. It could be a bid to make Melbourne pay overs. Time will tell.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:15 am

Just on AFL news that Collingwood a late push for Lever--Adelaide want two
first round picks & we are working hard at a deal

Achilles 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:40 am

He's not worth two first round picks.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:48 am

Achilles wrote:
He's not worth two first round picks.

Agreed. Just hope it is us playing hard ball to get a better deal out of the Dees if they want our pick 6.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 10:58 am

Yep. No to two 1st rnd picks for him
Haff Capricorn

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:23 am

Two first rounders if we get lever and a late first rounder back. Otherwise, Pick 6 goes to the best big forward in the draft.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:55 am

Go to the draft I reckon, this bloke has a worse fringe than Seedsman , but is a pretty handy player.

www.facebook/the hybernators
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:05 pm

ad4eva wrote:
Im calling bluff from Collingwood.

I can only imagine this 'big play' is to push another agenda which is yet to be seen.

We don't have a reasonable (unless someone is leaving we don't know about) capacity to secure a second round selection let alone another first.

It could be a bit to help get Watts. It could be a bid to help get Saad. It could be a bid to make Melbourne pay overs. Time will tell.

It's bluff from Adelaide. Using Collingwood to push Demons into a deal. Rumour started in Adelaide radio and they are the ones doing they heavy lifting to keep pushing the story.
Lever has chosen Demons. We wouldn't want him now his choice is not us.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:26 pm

Any chance Coll can come out and call bullsh!t then?

Sick of us being used as leverage when not true (if this is in fact the case in this instance).

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 12:40 pm

Ev5Magpies wrote:
Yeah I suppose you're right re: getting a gun with pick 6

On 2nd thoughts, a late first rounder is all I would give up for him

Lever is a gun, don't be mistaken. The odds of getting a player better than Lever with pick 6 would be extremely small. He's AA at 21 years old, tons of improvement left.

Short memories people, don't judge his value solely off his most recent game. It won't happen, but if we could get Lever for pick 6 it would be an absolute steal. A developed tall, just named AA, to finish top 5 in the minor premiers B&F and not even in his prime yet.

We are right to be in to him too. Goldsack, Reid and Dunn all probably only have 2 years at best, Howe doesn't hold down a key post, Schade will get delisted, Scharenberg has the height but plays more like Howe than Dunn. We are pretty light on for key posts long term down back. Moore could work but has a huge element of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Not many other people would, but I'd do 6 + Scharenberg for Lever. I don't think Scharenberg's in our best back six, he has virtually not lateral movement post the ops and he continually made our backline too slow when he played. Shaz + 6 probably gets it done and is a lot more appealing than just straight trading two first rounders (even know Shaz was obviously a first rounder himself).

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:00 pm

I think people are jumping the gun a bit here.
Firstly he has to nominate us as his preferred club
Then we must be able to do a deal with Adelaide to get him
The talk of 2 X 1st round picks is the Crows pumping there chests out.
Heck we would do the same if someone came knocking for say Moore or Grundy
I reckon pick 6 plus a player ready to go in there midfield would be ample to get the deal done.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:01 pm

If we give up 2 great first round picks then that will be trading out 4 first rounders in 4 or so years. We are stacking the club up for a run at the flag very soon at the expense of the long term. If this gamble doesn't succeed we are in for a long cold number of seasons. It seems to be the club is going for Buckley's time or a big big bust. God help us.
mattdally 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:21 pm

6 + Shaz would get it done?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 2:41 pm

Invigoration wrote:
Ev5Magpies wrote:
Yeah I suppose you're right re: getting a gun with pick 6

On 2nd thoughts, a late first rounder is all I would give up for him

Lever is a gun, don't be mistaken. The odds of getting a player better than Lever with pick 6 would be extremely small. He's AA at 21 years old, tons of improvement left.

Short memories people, don't judge his value solely off his most recent game. It won't happen, but if we could get Lever for pick 6 it would be an absolute steal. A developed tall, just named AA, to finish top 5 in the minor premiers B&F and not even in his prime yet.

We are right to be in to him too. Goldsack, Reid and Dunn all probably only have 2 years at best, Howe doesn't hold down a key post, Schade will get delisted, Scharenberg has the height but plays more like Howe than Dunn. We are pretty light on for key posts long term down back. Moore could work but has a huge element of robbing Peter to pay Paul.

Not many other people would, but I'd do 6 + Scharenberg for Lever. I don't think Scharenberg's in our best back six, he has virtually not lateral movement post the ops and he continually made our backline too slow when he played. Shaz + 6 probably gets it done and is a lot more appealing than just straight trading two first rounders (even know Shaz was obviously a first rounder himself).

Absolutely agree !
The Demons would be investing in a ten year CHB. There are very few CHBs in recent times who dominated that position at 21. He is streets ahead of Rance at 21.
Anyway, we can all move on. He's going to the Demons. If you think he won't improve them for the next ten years, you're dreaming.
When he did his knee in the TAC, people who know, we're saying his attention to rehab was as good as they had seen in a teenager ( one of his strengths that the Crows took note of )
He's a good player now and a complete professional the way he goes about it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 12 of 15   

Jump to: