Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Pies into Jake Lever (confirmed - gone to Dees)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:24 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Scharenberg and first round Pick (6)
Lever and first round pick (17)

It'll be something like this, with potentially more thrown in (e.g. Aish and Coll third rounder for Adel second rounder)

I'm a Scaharenberg fan...but Lever is a gun.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 2:57 pm

E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
They might ask for pick 6 plus Scharenberg as a similar type replacement.

They may settle for pick 6 plus Aish to bolster there midfield depth.

no way would i give pick 6 AND Scharenberg. give the berg 40 more games and people will be talking straight swap. trust me.

i wouldnt give up scharenberg, unless he is treated as an elite top end player. Otherwsie we are trading him low.

lever for scharenberg seems fair. Adelaide will know this. maybe a third runder to allow for the fact that the berg still needs another season to confirm his elite status

We MUST use our pick 6 on an elite talent.

If we trade Scharenberg for Lever we are going backwards as a club. Why don't we simply trade our number 6 pick in the draft for someone else's number 30 pick. And while we're at it sack every member of our list management team. Or we could do it the right way and draft elite talent from the draft pool and nurture the talent we recruit till when they start rewarding us. That seems to be the way clubs do it these days to win premierships.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:34 pm

Talk of trading Scharenberg is ludicrous (unless he asks for a return to south Australia)
He was a highly rated junior many judges had him as a top 2 pick and he slid to us due to some feet issues. He's since had 2 knees as well.
He's now 10 games into a stop start career and showed on the weekend signs of why he was so highly rated as a junior. 11 marks the most by any player on the ground and his weren't soft ones from kick ins like many players get. His disposal and ability to read the play are above average
Lever is a fine player but he has plenty of help at the crows in the backline. He isn't Rance
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:53 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

no way would i give pick 6 AND Scharenberg. give the berg 40 more games and people will be talking straight swap. trust me.

i wouldnt give up scharenberg, unless he is treated as an elite top end player. Otherwsie we are trading him low.

lever for scharenberg seems fair. Adelaide will know this. maybe a third runder to allow for the fact that the berg still needs another season to confirm his elite status

If we trade Scharenberg for Lever we are going backwards as a club. Why don't we simply trade our number 6 pick in the draft for someone else's number 30 pick. And while we're at it sack every member of our list management team. Or we could do it the right way and draft elite talent from the draft pool and nurture the talent we recruit till when they start rewarding us. That seems to be the way clubs do it these days to win premierships.

You have to ignore what draft pick was used on players, or how good their u18 form was. That's the past. What's important is how you evaluate players in 2017. On that basis, it's as clear as day that Lever is head and shoulders above those other players.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 5:32 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Talk of trading Scharenberg is ludicrous (unless he asks for a return to south Australia)
He was a highly rated junior many judges had him as a top 2 pick and he slid to us due to some feet issues. He's since had 2 knees as well.
He's now 10 games into a stop start career and showed on the weekend signs of why he was so highly rated as a junior. 11 marks the most by any player on the ground and his weren't soft ones from kick ins like many players get. His disposal and ability to read the play are above average
Lever is a fine player but he has plenty of help at the crows in the backline. He isn't Rance

Rance wasn't Rance at 21 either.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:06 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:

Don't need help to intercept mark.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:09 pm

Lever is much better than Scharenberg.
If we want to get better, we trade Scharenberg for Lever (if that's what The Crows want).
Obviously I'd rather keep Scharenberg as well, but if I could only have one, it's Lever.

September Zeros 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:43 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Lever is much better than Scharenberg.
If we want to get better, we trade Scharenberg for Lever (if that's what The Crows want).
Obviously I'd rather keep Scharenberg as well, but if I could only have one, it's Lever.

If we want to get better we get lever and keep Shaz as well.

And if it can't be done via trades and players we don't actually require then hit the draft and build from there.

Trading out scharenberg would be a massive mistake. If he stays injury free, he'll show you why next year, if he hasn't already started to.

They used to be a happy team at hawthorn.

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 6:46 pm

I'm not sure I understand the implication of that.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:24 pm

swoop42 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I get that mate but trading out a potential elite player who has only just now started to get some games is a huge mistake IMO
I'm not against getting Lever I hope we do land him he will be a super star but I don't want to see us do what we did with Treloar and trade away more than we have to to get him
I would be happy to send some players there way midfielders or HBF we have loads of them but not our top liners
I doubt we can improve our overall list if we give away players like Scharenberg
It's just my opinion
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:13 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
E wrote:
swoop42 wrote:

You have to ignore what draft pick was used on players, or how good their u18 form was. That's the past. What's important is how you evaluate players in 2017. On that basis, it's as clear as day that Lever is head and shoulders above those other players.

This year Lever is head and shoulders above Scharenberg. Next year Scharenberg is head and shoulders above Lever. If you keep chasing your tail you end up like a dog going round in circles.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 8:42 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
swoop42 wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:

I get that mate but trading out a potential elite player who has only just now started to get some games is a huge mistake IMO
I'm not against getting Lever I hope we do land him he will be a super star but I don't want to see us do what we did with Treloar and trade away more than we have to to get him
I would be happy to send some players there way midfielders or HBF we have loads of them but not our top liners
I doubt we can improve our overall list if we give away players like Scharenberg
It's just my opinion

I'm really not sure why people are getting there knickers in a knot over Scharenberg when in reality the club probably wont be entertaining it, Adelaide mightn't be interested anyway and it's merely the ramblings of this semi retarded individual.

Still Lever is very much a like for like with Scharenberg though is a little taller and has more proven form at senior AFL level to date.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2014-10-30/meet-jake-lever

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 03, 2017 10:23 pm

If true, great pickup by the club and one more piece of the puzzle will fall into place. Lever will make us a better team no question and great age to come through with Treloar and co.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 9:06 am

Ok, so let me get this straight - we want Lever, we don't want to give up Shazza or pick 6...

How about a straight swap for perennial Nick's whipping boy Blair? Maybe throw in Ramsay or Sinclair as well to 'sweeten' the deal. We'd obviously want their 1st rounder or McGovern as well if we did this though.

To get something, you have to give something. In the case of Blair, that is a little something.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Aug 04, 2017 10:23 am

We've got more chance of getting kicked by a seal, than getting Lever. Just a kite flying exercise by his management team and I doubt he is going anywhere as it would appear the Crows are on a wave that could last a few years.If Scharenburg is lost to Collingwood then I really hope Buckley goes as well because he has almost destroyed this kids confidence and will to stay with us. Dropping him every other week and playing Ramsey,Smith and Phillips in front of him would have been a gut wrenching insult that would see most players want to leave.Same with mcGovern BTW.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 13, 14, 15  Next
Page 2 of 15   

Jump to: