Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender athletes back on the agenda

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:03 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

http://www.breitbart.com/sports/2017/11/27/biological-male-weightlifting-champ-qualifies-womens-competition-new-zealand/?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 5:43 pm

Hannahs story is very sad. but still, is it fair?

a comment from wokkos link: ps, i dont condone the gorilla word!

so a female athlete that devotes 10,000 hours to being world class in a sport gets beat by a self identifying female gorilla that half-asses her way to an easy first place win because genes, is ok?

After thinking about it, I think it may liven up sports. They should let every single form of sports drug be used with wild abandon too.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:09 pm

David wrote:
We haven’t really heard much from Hannah through all this, but she finally opens up on her experiences here:

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/hannah-mouncey-from-draft-to-homelessness/

Not a bad read, but I have some bad news for her. toward the end she referred to being back among the women at training and they didn't say a thing.

Maybe not to her face but, unless they were an exceptional group of women I'll bet plenty was said behind her back, that's how it works.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:11 pm

as a woman - yup!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Wed Nov 29, 2017 6:39 pm

I’m glad that she has been able to make the change which makes her happier, and of course that should be respected. It cannot be easy, feeling you were born with the wrong physical gender. But just as the conditions of my birth make me ineligible to participate in women’s sports, so do the conditions of hers. You can’t acquire rights at the expense of others. Gender is fluid for some, but maturity, and the acceptance of limits which accompany it, are not.
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:36 pm

This really is ridiculous.

Transgender Texas wrestler booed upon 2nd straight high school title win (VIDEO)

https://www.rt.com/sport/419916-transgender-wrestler-texas-testosterone/

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 8:51 pm

That's an interesting one. Girl transitioning to a guy, want's to compete against the guys (which is a step up, not a step down as in guys transitioning to female) and he's not allowed, so he get's booed. Confused
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:04 pm

Skids wrote:
This really is ridiculous.

Transgender Texas wrestler booed upon 2nd straight high school title win (VIDEO)

https://www.rt.com/sport/419916-transgender-wrestler-texas-testosterone/

This is a really interesting one.
Beggs is taking testosterone so, in the girl's division, is basically a legal drug cheat. However, Beggs has asked to be allowed to wrestle boys. This would make sense.
But, if the authorities let Beggs wrestle boys then, of course, they'd have to let any 100kg muscled-bound boy in a dress wrestle girls.
So what do you do?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:50 pm

“He has so much respect for all the girls he wrestles,” said McNew, AP reported. “People think Mack has been beating up on girls… The girls he wrestles with, they are tough. It has more to do with skill and discipline than strength.”

Hmmm HE has so much respect for the GIRLS he wrestles.

Basically a anctioned drug cheat, natural born females can’t take steroids and compete.

These are all no win situations. Someone is going to get robbed either way. Maybe they need to get their competitive urges out the way before they go with the sex change ones. And yes I know that’s really horrible but what is the answer?

And no I’m not changing my tune, you can certainly build a woman up with steroids, that’s why they are not legal in sports, but can you ever really decrease a males to an appropriate level?

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 9:55 pm

stui magpie wrote:
That's an interesting one. Girl transitioning to a guy, want's to compete against the guys (which is a step up, not a step down as in guys transitioning to female) and he's not allowed, so he get's booed. Confused

No he’s getting booed because he’s taking steroids and wrestling girls who aren’t. Surely once he has fully transitioned they can’t stop him from competing as a male? Or are the guys worried about being beaten up by ‘a girl’?

And yes I know I’m giving mixed messages. If they just wanted to play chess it would be a lot easier!

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2018 10:02 pm

This may sound wrong on many levels, but my view is simplistic.

If a girl wants to compete against guys, whether transitioning or not, let her.

If a guy wants to compete against girls, the answer is NO unless the physical advantage has been neutralised.

Vexillology 

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 1:18 am

Confession: I do sometimes take a peek at BF - stop reading now if that's too much!

TP referred to the BF thread on this subject several pages ago. The main BF Hannah Mouncey thread now runs to 100+ pages. Anyone interested in acquainting themselves with the width, breadth and depth of this issue could, IMO, do worse than take a look. There is loads of authoritative science as well as material about the equity issues. The usual trolls try and derail the discussion for the first 50 or so pages but lose interest once the science kicks in. They're pretty easy to skip over: they use the same sort of tactics some use here, quoting 'authoritative' sources such as blahbart and my particular favourite, the Russian English language television service FFS.

The story of one of the driving contributors, Kirsti (sorry if I've mispelt) is fascinating. Amongst other things, she plays for the Broken Hill Magpies.

For my two bobs worth: there are many who run the argument that if your birth certificate says 'female' you are a female and if your birth certificate says 'male' you are a male. Oh! that the world was that simple. IMO just about every sporting body on the planet running male and female comps is keen for the IOC to come up with a defensible policy synthesising the scientific evidence and the health and equity issues.
Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 9:32 am

They just need to create competitions for transgendered athletes who have fully transitioned. One for male-to-female and the other for female-to-male. Getting enough participants might be a problem especially in smaller countries.

The people who haven't fully transitioned play for the sex they were born.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2018 11:06 am

Too much common sense there Bucks!
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 01, 2018 7:53 pm

Looks like the AFLW girls will be shaving their beards as well as their legs.
http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-08-31/gender-diversity-policy-for-aflw-and-afl
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 7 of 36   

Jump to: