Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Transgender athletes back on the agenda

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:14 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

That video is pure sour grapes. Otherwise, we can rinse and repeat the same arguments from before. Nothing’s changed. Just some sore losers who feel like they shouldn’t have to compete with girls or women with some biological advantages.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 8:40 pm

Nope. Beaten by a biological male who cut his dick off and took drugs.

I have absolutely no problem with someone wanting to live, feeling like they have to live, as the opposite to the sex they were born as, I have sympathy for how hard it must be, but they can never change the biological differences that they were born with. And they should compete against the biology they were born with. So before you accuse me again if not accepting a transgender as a real woman or real man, no I don’t, not in the biological sense, they are trans gender, there should be separate divisions.

Bullshit sour grapes.

Last edited by think positive on Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Wokko Pisces

Come and take it.

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 9:29 pm

No more 'sour grapes' than someone annoyed they were beaten by someone who'd taken steroids. These people are cheats, abusing people's good will to invade women's spaces.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 10:21 pm

I feel sorry for transgenders but a peniscetomy and medications should not be a sufficent basis for competing in womens sport when going from male to female.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Oct 18, 2019 11:40 pm

^ They don’t need your pity; they need equality under law and the same civil rights afforded to everyone else.

I understand that trans inclusion in women’s sport doesn’t naturally sit well with a lot of people, but I feel like a lot of you are allowing the culture warriors to play you like a fiddle on something that is far less of a big deal than it is made out to be.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 7:48 am

It’s not a big deal to you but it is to the athletes that have trained for years

They can have equality in their own division, because like it or not David there is no drug no operation on earth that will change the biology you were born with.

Women have fought long and hard for equality and now you want to allow a new gender to shit all over that?

Playing elite sport is not a right, it’s a hard earned privilege, making the cut by changing gender, wether or not that was the reason for it, is just plain wrong and unfair. Maybe be a world champion before you switch like Jenner did. But no, none of them were good enough.

Sport is big business in the states, do you think it’s fair for natural females to miss out on scholarships because transgenders get them? Real girls should not be disadvantaged, or do only minorities count? Before you say just a few, that’s still women who will miss out. As usual. Nothing to see here. Take me back to the 50’s!

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 8:00 am

With apologies to the Bionic Woman TV show.
Quote:
We can rebuild women. We can make them better than they were. Better. Stronger. Faster.

Transwomen make the best women:
https://www.bbc.com/sport/cycling/50097423
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:17 am

Good article, talks about women being pushed out of sport

She’s says it’s not fair to ban her because she loses races, but fact is judging by her times, as a man She would not if got a look in, which is fine, as a female I wouldn’t get a look in n cycling, it’s not something I am good at and I have not trained for hours a day for years on end. She wasn’t meant to be a champion cyclist as a man clearly, what’s the men’s record? And she should not take the record for women.

This says it all, from the article:

“The science is there. The science is clear - it tells us that trans women have an advantage," she said.

"The world record has just been beaten today by somebody born male, who now identifies as female, and the gap between them and the next born female competitor was quite a lot.

"The world record was two tenths of a second. I know that doesn't sound like a lot but it is.

"The gap between them and the next female competitor was four tenths, which to put into perspective in a sprint event like this, that would be 15m of the track, when sprint events are usually won by centimetres.

"It is a human right to participate in sport. I don't think it's a human right to identify into whichever category you choose."

Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 5:56 pm

David wrote:
That video is pure sour grapes. Otherwise, we can rinse and repeat the same arguments from before. Nothing’s changed. Just some sore losers who feel like they shouldn’t have to compete with girls or women with some biological advantages.

Laughing

You really believe that?

Girls who should be on the podium, are pushed off it by a transgender.
It destroys; their will to compete, their aspirations and their ability to reach their full potential.

It's an out and out disgrace that anyone, but a biological female, can compete in womens sport.
The sooner this is recognized, the better.

The only fair solution is a transgender division, where transgenders compete against others, it really is that simple.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 6:17 pm

David wrote:
^ They don’t need your pity; they need equality under.....

I still feel pity because its a very hard life and no one in their right mind would wish anyone to experience the reality of what they experience; I’m talking day to day life not just “theory”

As you know I deal with a lot of people with transgender issues: I feel very sorry for them most of the time. Hard lives facing a lot of rejection but does that mean they should be able to compete in the new genders games? I’m not so sure but haven’t read enough to know more.

I’m still with Sheilah Jeffries and Germane Greer in many respects.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sat Oct 19, 2019 11:36 pm

I suspect your job may be skewing your perception – many trans people are perfectly happy and well-adjusted. It’s not a curse, and for those who recognise and address their dysphoria early and are able to live in a society that accepts them and allows them to live according to their identification, it doesn’t have to be a cause of suffering.

Also, while I’m sure Jeffreys and Greer are interesting thinkers in many ways, I’d as soon listen to their opinions on transgender people as Donald Trump’s views on Muslims. Bigotry is an ugly phenomenon wherever it emerges.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 3:57 pm

Quote:
Also, while I’m sure Jeffreys and Greer are interesting thinkers in many ways, I’d as soon listen to their opinions on transgender people as Donald Trump’s views on Muslims. Bigotry is an ugly phenomenon wherever it emerges.

These women have spent their whole lives fighting against men telling them about what it means to be a woman. Now "women" with beards and penises are also telling them about what it means to be a woman. You can understand that they might not be too impressed by this.

As for the charge of bigotry. I wouldn't be to quick to throw around such slurs. They would argue that your support of the colonisation of female spaces by biological males is also a form of bigotry called misogyny. If they qualify as transphobes for disagreeing with your ideology, you qualify as a woman-hater for disagreeing with theirs.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Oct 20, 2019 4:43 pm

If someone identifies as non-binary, something other than male or female, and wants to compete in competitive sport, what competition do they compete in?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:10 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Quote:

These women have spent their whole lives fighting against men telling them about what it means to be a woman. Now "women" with beards and penises are also telling them about what it means to be a woman. You can understand that they might not be too impressed by this.

As for the charge of bigotry. I wouldn't be to quick to throw around such slurs. They would argue that your support of the colonisation of female spaces by biological males is also a form of bigotry called misogyny. If they qualify as transphobes for disagreeing with your ideology, you qualify as a woman-hater for disagreeing with theirs.

great post!

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Tue Oct 22, 2019 11:29 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
Quote:

I'm well aware of all their arguments and lame rhetorical tactics on this topic. They're trash.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 19, 20, 21 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 20 of 36   

Jump to: