Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Stringer is available

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:29 pm
Post subject: Re: Yeah get himReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I would trade Pendles and Elliott to get a key brilliant tough forward like Jake. Both those players are ready to move on and would still command a good trade deal. Let's make it happen before someone else gets him.

Sorry but you're off ya head.

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:51 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
need for Stringer > Lever

100% agreed

I'm surprised by the love for Stringer over Lever.
Both our preferred KPDs are around 30 and we need an immediate succession plan ( and McLarty is far from an automatic successor right now )

Lever is talked about as a future captain by the Crows ( possibly a bit of mayonnaise to keep him at the Crows ) while Stringer has been shown the door. I'm fully aware of what a committed Stringer brings to the table but I'm not sure the club needs to be investing in any risks right now.
Lever is set and forget in a key position, Stringer is not.
swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 9:54 pm

watt price tully wrote:
The more I think about Stringer the more I want him. However, as I & many others have noted before the price is likely to be too high.

He'll be the steal of the trade period IMO.

This is what I'd try and do if we're seriously interested in Stringer.

Fasolo (if he wants to leave) traded to West Coast for pick 30.

Pick 6, 30, 36 traded to Brisbane for picks 12, *18, 41

Pick 12 to Bulldogs for Stringer.

Pick 18 taken to the draft.

*Brisbane likely to receive bid on Academy player prior to pick 18 so it wont be a live draft selection. Picks 30 + 36 are worth more points and still allow for them to secure player.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:00 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

100% agreed

Both our preferred KPDs are around 30 and we need an immediate succession plan ( and McLarty is far from an automatic successor right now )

Lever is talked about as a future captain by the Crows ( possibly a bit of mayonnaise to keep him at the Crows ) while Stringer has been shown the door. I'm fully aware of what a committed Stringer brings to the table but I'm not sure the club needs to be investing in any risks right now.

All reports are that Lever is off to Melbourne so I guess people have moved on.

For all of his ability Lever doesn't really play as a key defender with Adelaide to date and he very much has a Maxwell type of role.

Stringer comes with some risks attached but his trade price is highly likely not to reflect his ability unlike Lever who'll cost more at the trade table

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 10:29 pm

swoop42 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

100% agreed

For all of his ability Lever doesn't really play as a key defender with Adelaide to date and he very much has a Maxwell type of role.

Stringer comes with some risks attached but his trade price is highly likely not to reflect his ability unlike Lever who'll cost more at the trade table

I reckon at 195cm, he would be playing as a KPD at Collingwood whether he liked it or not but as you said, it does seem like it's time to move on from him.

NEXT !
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 11:39 pm

Stringer is a match winner, all Australian at 21 now 23. He will be great value due to circumstances. At this stage it doesn't look like Collingwood are interested.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 12:18 am

Hiss wrote:
I would trade Pendles and Elliott to get a key brilliant tough forward like Jake. Both those players are ready to move on and would still command a good trade deal. Let's make it happen before someone else gets him.

Been at the Corio five star whiskey again ol son, bloody hell, what a ludicrous proposal. Surprised Shocked

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
themonk 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:39 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Been at the Corio five star whiskey again ol son, bloody hell, what a ludicrous proposal. Surprised Shocked

Are you surprised? he talks tradition and loyalty and then throws our captain under the bus, bloody troll.
E 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 2:50 am

themonk wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Hiss wrote:

Are you surprised? he talks tradition and loyalty and then throws our captain under the bus, bloody troll.

The Hawks traded their two aging stars and it looks like it will accelerate their rebuild. I wouldnt trade Eliiot as i think he is a player in his pride and will be in our best 22 if there is a flag in the offing in the next 6 years.

Pendles is an interesting one and it gets to the very heart of the main problem at Collingwood.

Thge biggest mistake a team can make in my opinion is mis-time what period of time you are building for.

remember when the Blues went out and got Judd. Seemed like a great deal but it set them back and ensured they had to do a full rebuild AGAIN because Judd was not the piece that team needed (although he made them a lot better). I fear all of the pressure on Buckley has made us make some decisions that will not serve us well in 3 years. And maybe its in 3 years that we need to be planning to be strongest. Pendles might be an expendable piece if that is the case.

In hindsight, ponder this. What if we traded Cloke in his prime in 2012 or 2013? Might we have gotten from GWS the pick that got Cameron, or might it have gotten the pick that GC used to get Lynch.

Yes it would have hurt us in 2012-2014, but imagine the same Collingwood team with either of those guys on our list right now!

Sadly, these are tough decision that a club like Collingwood is prevented from making. The fans are too emotional and just simply wont accept a bottoming out.

If you are honest, you will agree with that. We are all up in arms about finishing 12th. Imagine 16th or 17th?!?

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:19 am

According to Fox Footy Collingwood has put a cross thru Stringer

They are "officially" out of the race

BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:25 am

According to Fox Footy Collingwood has put a cross thru Stringer

They are "officially" out of the race

Piethagoras' Theorem Taurus

the hypotenuse, is always a cakewalk

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 9:36 am

^ Bummer!

https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/afl-media-watch-collingwood-out-of-jake-stringer-race-carlton-eyes-duo-harley-balic-requests-trade/news-story/1a8020a3ad0e584a659249702d2feff0

Quote:
“He’s met (the Bombers) and I believe he has spoken to John Worsfold.
“Collingwood investigated it and put a line through Jake Stringer, so they’re absolutely out. It looks like they’re going to the draft almost certainly.”
Niall said Geelong was still “involved” in the Stringer trade, but that the Western Bulldogs would want better compensation that what was currently on offer.
“Geelong is still involved. Geelong have Pick 20. I think the Bulldogs will baulk at that price,” Niall said.
“I think they think he’s worth more than that. But Geelong is certainly in the running.”
Geelong is also circling Gary Ablett and GWS’ Devon Smith, who is from the Surf Coast.
But if the Cats were to land Stringer, Niall said it was unlikely they’d also land Ablett and Smith.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:27 am

swoop42 wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

100% agreed

We took a risk with with White, whose deficiencies were well known. It happened at a time when Buckley was immature in terms of his coaching career. I gather he learned his lesson and won't be repeating the same mistake twice unless he has a death wish.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:30 am

AFL news had Clarko saying no to Stringer as a Hawk
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 20, 2017 10:49 am

With Clarko alledgedly cool on Stringer and with his experience would it
suggest caution ❓❓

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 7 of 14   

Jump to: