Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Stringer is available

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 10:01 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Culprit wrote:
Collingwood has been drawn into the Stringer conversation as the Bombers are offering up small change. Stringer will be a Bomber.

As usual our name is being dished up to pressure the Bombers to cough up more in a trade for Stringer. There's no way Stringer is coming to Collingwood. Tom Lynch is the one we want.
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 11:15 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Now, there's a famous Collingwood myth being trotted out. We were hopeless in 2013 and no chance to win that final. I was so disinterested in it that I didn't even use the free ticket I was given - or watch it on the TV. Hilariously, Shaw was the fall-guy for a generally inept performance.

Hmmm.... Perhaps if you had watched it, your opinion would be a bit different.

Now, there's a genuine counterfactual for you.

P4S, where Heater would ideally be playing now is a separate question from how he performed on that night. If someone were to claim that he and no one else was the reason for the loss, then it'd be fair to call that a myth, but who has claimed that?

If you had watched the game, you would have seen that the momentum fluctuated and we were indeed a chance to win it until very late (irrespective of whether we were "hopeless" that year -- have you considered the possibility that our opponents were hopeless too?). More to the point, you would have seen why Heater was heavily criticised.

I mean, the umpire was standing right beside him in the goal square, warning him not to do anything foolish. And still he chose to give away that goal to that *&^&* Monfries. How would you expect people to react?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 12:39 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Collingwood has been drawn into the Stringer conversation as the Bombers are offering up small change. Stringer will be a Bomber.

As usual our name is being dished up to pressure the Bombers to cough up more in a trade for Stringer. There's no way Stringer is coming to Collingwood. Tom Lynch is the one we want.

Yes, I heard Stringer can be a bit of a trouble maker, he upset Bevo,of all people, and Bevo is a pretty calm guy, must have been real bad, do we really want this bloke with us now ?? Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 2:01 pm

I'm not sure he's the answer.

He's not a key position player and obviously pretty immature as an individual.

I'd rather us have an all out crack to get Tom Lynch next season, who is a superior footballer and leader.

Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:25 pm

He is suppose to be a Massive Flog
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 5:42 pm

Culprit wrote:

Didn't Lynch just declare he was staying at the Suns?
K 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:00 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Culprit wrote:

Didn't Lynch just declare he was staying at the Suns?

Staying till the end of his current contract, I think, but the big question is what happens after the 2018 season.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 17, 2017 6:03 pm

K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
K wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Now, there's a famous Collingwood myth being trotted out. We were hopeless in 2013 and no chance to win that final. I was so disinterested in it that I didn't even use the free ticket I was given - or watch it on the TV. Hilariously, Shaw was the fall-guy for a generally inept performance.

Hmmm.... Perhaps if you had watched it, your opinion would be a bit different.

Now, there's a genuine counterfactual for you.

P4S, where Heater would ideally be playing now is a separate question from how he performed on that night. If someone were to claim that he and no one else was the reason for the loss, then it'd be fair to call that a myth, but who has claimed that?

If you had watched the game, you would have seen that the momentum fluctuated and we were indeed a chance to win it until very late (irrespective of whether we were "hopeless" that year -- have you considered the possibility that our opponents were hopeless too?). More to the point, you would have seen why Heater was heavily criticised.

I mean, the umpire was standing right beside him in the goal square, warning him not to do anything foolish. And still he chose to give away that goal to that *&^&* Monfries. How would you expect people to react?

I think one looks at the reaction and then at the scoreboard. Collingwood has gone from bad to worse, since. He's been all-Australian twice in that time and his new team has gone from winning one game the year before he arrived to making the preliminary final two years in a row. Along the way, he won his club's best and fairest. It is, perhaps, indicative of quite what a wonderful player he is that we gave up 2 first-round draft picks to get the guy who came second.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 8:53 am

Adam Cooney says not every one at Dogs wants Stringer out but apparently Bevo does

Cooney also said he expects Matty Boyd will "get in his ear" to sit and chat with Nathan

slangman 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:26 am

Stringer is available for a reason.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 10:59 am

Be great if Stringer turned it around and became a star at Collingwood.

Fasolo out, Stringer in.

Three way deal with WA club ...could happen

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:15 am

With Boyd now on staff, I would trust that if the Pies are interested, we will be relying heavily on his input to make any decision.

I think however, that the Dogs will want more than we have to offer... Will likely end up being a 2nd rounder which we don't have. If we could get him for pick 36 in a straight swap, I would take the punt. That's about as high as I'd go though.

Damaged goods.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 11:19 am

It could happen.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 1:01 pm

magpieazza wrote:
Be great if Stringer turned it around and became a star at Collingwood.

Fasolo out, Stringer in.

Three way deal with WA club ...could happen
That would be a win win win. Smile
MJ23 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 18, 2017 3:55 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
With Boyd now on staff, I would trust that if the Pies are interested, we will be relying heavily on his input to make any decision.

I think however, that the Dogs will want more than we have to offer... Will likely end up being a 2nd rounder which we don't have. If we could get him for pick 36 in a straight swap, I would take the punt. That's about as high as I'd go though.

Damaged goods.

I think Stringer could be the Stevie J equivalent and we know what happened when we knocked him back.
Would Stevie have been as good as he became if he went to another club ?
Could Stringer mature enough to realise his full talent ?

Problem is as pointed out, dogs will want too much esp given he could turn into the gun he has shown signs of becoming.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 5 of 14   

Jump to: