Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Jake Stringer is available

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 1:30 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Piesnchess wrote:
5 from the wing on debut wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
According to the HS tonight. Stringer will not be pursued by Collingwood. Instead, Geelong and essendon will fight it out for him.

There must be a bit happening behind the scenes at Geelong. The Dogs are saying they at least want a top 20 pick for Stringer, and the Cats are after Ablett as well. Geelong don't have much in the way of high end selections so there will be players shopped around.

I heard Menzel to the Suns, and Motlop too the Pies, big rumour. Surprised

I hope we get the Motlop that played in Geelong's last final, not the one before.
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:20 pm

Stinger for Watts and a second rounder might work if Lever falls through. Essendon would have the money with Watson gone. Geelong will have no currency to play with if Ablett comes home.

You would think WCE would have room to move for say Watts and Motlop.

If I was the Pies I would stay away from both. Same with Schache. You want players with lack of opportunity not lack of commitment.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:17 pm

Well, doesn't it depend a little on why they've lacked opportunities (eg, sometimes it's because they're actually common or garden talentless hacks) and what's caused the lack of commitment (I agree wariness is required - but I wouldn't apply a blanket rule in every case)?
ronrat 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:35 pm

Obviously but the likes of Lynden Dunn and Luke Ball are 2 prime examples of where you can really win. Toby Nankervis could turn out to be a winner when he couldn't get a go at the Swans.

And then you had the likes of Lawrence Angwin.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:22 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
I heard Menzel to the Suns, and Motlop too the Pies, big rumour. Surprised

Oh, I suppose you're going to tell me Motlop will get a game ahead of Blair? Laughing

K 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:01 pm

Shocked

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-afl-wag-abby-gilmore-reveals-truth-behind-her-split-from-western-bulldogs-star-jake-stringer/news-story/c76e0b2bdbf43e0e0772db6d40ee04f6

Quote:

With a six-week-old baby, the couples second child, Gilmore, 24, felt ashamed and humiliated as a seemingly endless parade of girls left messages with in-your-face taunts about their sex sessions, with Stringer, some sending nude photographs of the premiership player.

When it all blew up I was turned away from the club.

I couldnt believe it, the senior people just didnt want to hear me out.

But the Bulldogs players showed they cared. Im proud of them for that. They were disgusted by his behaviour, doing that to me when I was pregnant. They let him know it.

Stringers gambling addiction had reached fever pitch, Gilmore said. He had blown six figure sums of the young familys savings.

Nothing is enough for Jake. He had the football club and now he is leaving that. He had his family and left that. Im sad for him. He obviously isnt doing it just for fun. He has an addictive personality.

Shocked
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:38 pm

Yep, I just read the HS article as well. According to the account of his wife, he definitely sounds like the kind of guy you would not want anywhere near your club. His staggering infedility to his wife apparently riled the Bulldogs players, and his gambling addiction was a further eviscerating factor. It is incredible though. She wishes him well for the future, but her reveal-all interview with the HS has greatly compromised it, I would think. Pretty horrible situation.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:10 am

That's right ladies, Jake Stringer is available.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:32 am

Bang bang!

Sounds like a class act. Has he shown any sign of wanting to change?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 8:38 am

Magpietothemax wrote:
Yep, I just read the HS article as well. According to the account of his wife, he definitely sounds like the kind of guy you would not want anywhere near your club. His staggering infedility to his wife apparently riled the Bulldogs players, and his gambling addiction was a further eviscerating factor. It is incredible though. She wishes him well for the future, but her reveal-all interview with the HS has greatly compromised it, I would think. Pretty horrible situation.

An "eviscerating factor"? Shocked
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 9:24 am

As I posted in the Seedsman thread, some players take a while to mature. The one good thing from the article is that the player can't go any lower. There's a good lyric from a Neil Finn song about a friend of his who is disappearing up his own rear end. Seems an accurate summary of where Stringer's career sits at the moment. Stringer was an elite talent when he was drafted. There's a good story lurking in the life and career of Stringer if he can pull himself together and work hard to resurrect his career. I don't think that career should be with us but rather with another club under a senior coach who is bored and needs a challenge.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:38 am

K wrote:
Shocked

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/news/former-afl-wag-abby-gilmore-reveals-truth-behind-her-split-from-western-bulldogs-star-jake-stringer/news-story/c76e0b2bdbf43e0e0772db6d40ee04f6

Quote:

With a six-week-old baby, the couples second child, Gilmore, 24, felt ashamed and humiliated as a seemingly endless parade of girls left messages with in-your-face taunts about their sex sessions, with Stringer, some sending nude photographs of the premiership player.

When it all blew up I was turned away from the club.

I couldnt believe it, the senior people just didnt want to hear me out.

But the Bulldogs players showed they cared. Im proud of them for that. They were disgusted by his behaviour, doing that to me when I was pregnant. They let him know it.

Stringers gambling addiction had reached fever pitch, Gilmore said. He had blown six figure sums of the young familys savings.

Nothing is enough for Jake. He had the football club and now he is leaving that. He had his family and left that. Im sad for him. He obviously isnt doing it just for fun. He has an addictive personality.

Shocked

Yes, yes, but apart from that, what he done that's so bad? Shocked

Sheesh, that's some perosnal history.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 11:43 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:

An "eviscerating factor"? Shocked

It was further eviscerating factor.

In Stringers case isn't it farther eviscerating factor?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBHLcBxQZiM

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:54 pm

Are people so naive that they don't think this kind of stuff is happening with some of the players at our club right now and is a league wide issue?

For to long the toxic mix of young sexually available women, young men with lots of disposable income and a culture of drugs, alcohol and gambling has been kept hush hush for the most part with only a wink wink nudge nudge from retired or current players often on football shows alluding to it.

You don't have to like what Stringer has done but I bet if we knew everything that the latest Brownlow winner got up to in the past the media wouldn't be engaging in the current sickening love fest over him.

So what more can be done to educate and help young footballers?

For starters the AFL need to take a social conscious stance and stop promoting gambling. It wont stop the problem but it wont be adding to it either.

The whole boys club mentality within AFL circles and the code of silence that goes into protecting bad behaviour of players at football clubs is unhealthy and perhaps it'll take more women or teammates to speak out to slowly reduce incidents or encourage players to seek out help because of the risk of public exposure.

Much more light needs to be shone on the social scene available to footballers, of the shady hangers on and the young women who are desperate to land themselves a footballer shouldn't escape responsibility either as it's a shallow existence and can cause harm like with the partner of Stringer.

How that is achieved I don't know but there is a level of secrecy and protection attached that only encourages behaviour far from healthy because it goes unnoticed by the wider public and the cycle keeps continuing season after season.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 3:10 pm

As my father would say "a shit of a bloke"
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Nick's Other AFL All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 11 of 14   

Jump to: