Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Rumour (now a REPORT): Jordan DeGoey set to re-sign

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:01 pm
Post subject: Rumour (now a REPORT): Jordan DeGoey set to re-signReply with quote

Rumour doing the social media rounds right now.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:05 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice. Let's hope it's true.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:07 pm

If true, he’ll be set for a big pay day post this contract to set himself up for life if his form warrants it.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:26 pm

I think that’s a bargain if true. I’d say it’ll cost us another $100K a year.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:41 pm

$600k pa is good coin for a 22 year old. I'd be happy to sign him on that and if he continues to develop, lock him away on really good coin for his next contract
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:42 pm

Judd thinks his market price is $7-800k, and the club loyalty discount is about $150k.
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 6:44 pm

K wrote:
Judd thinks his market price is $7-800k, and the club loyalty discount is about $150k.

Jonathan Brown mentioned a $150 - $200k loyalty discount also. Seems appropriate.

K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:22 pm

But the Footy Classified people still seemed of the opinion the club had not budgeted for even the discounted price and some sacrifice may be necessary (they suggested Darcy).
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:25 pm

K wrote:
But the Footy Classified people still seemed of the opinion the club had not budgeted for even the discounted price and some sacrifice may be necessary (they suggested Darcy).

They have no Idea

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:26 pm

600k is about right. We may not have budgeted for that amount but if he went to another club he would get more.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:32 pm

K wrote:

They are a bunch of dills, who grand stand with uninformed opinions.

The only part of that which I believe, is that the club probably had in mind, prior to the commencement of this season, re-signing De Goey on about $4-450,000 pa. However, his value has certainly gone through the roof on the back of some terrific performances. I can't see how having to pay an extra $150 grand or so would force us to off load Darcy. That's simply ridiculous...unless of course Darcy wants to leave, which I doubt is the case.

What is possible/probable is that the extra costs of locking in a host of our much improved younger players, may very well make it near impossible to recruit a star player like Lynch. If that's the case, then I'm fine with that. We have enough potential for significant improvement from within our current ranks, and this will be enhanced in this year's draft.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 8:42 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
600k is about right. We may not have budgeted for that amount but if he went to another club he would get more.

Seriously, we have plenty of cash. Wells, Blair and Smith (and maybe Varcoe) will be coming off the books this year. I think Greenwood wont get such a big deal next year either. The Wells deal alone might free up enough cash to pay DeGoey.

Fortunately, our deal with Mayne is a bargain and its locked up long term so we wont have to worry about pressure to pay him.

i agree that $600k for three years is terrific reward for DeGoey for his performance to date but also reflects a good deal for the pies. If he improves on the trajectory he is currently displaying, there will be huge pressure on us to up his salary prior to the expiration of the three years, which by the way both parties will be incentivized to do). Remember, we dont know yet how he will go when he is the subject of a hard tag and the focus of the oppo's game plan (as Sidey and Pendles are).

Finally, its not really a loyalty or home town discount. It is a discount for the fact that he is club controlled. Since he cant go wherever he wants, its a huge risk for him to try to get away from collingwood until free agency approaches. This is why players are trying to get free agency sooner.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:20 pm

The $1.8m might be made up like $400k then $600k then $800k which allows us space and time to get him to where he deserves to be pay wise
In 3 years we will have other players at the end of close to it and won't be commanding big bucks
I hope he's signed now listening to him speak yesterday I was very happy to hear him say it's only the fine print details to be finalised
JDG best footy is ahead of him
K 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 9:26 pm

E wrote:
Finally, its not really a loyalty or home town discount. It is a discount for the fact that he is club controlled. Since he cant go wherever he wants, its a huge risk for him to try to get away from collingwood until free agency approaches. ...

I don't see a huge risk at all. In these times, it's business, and even if a trade doesn't happen the player can continue playing for the same club as if nothing happened. But if the player really wants to be traded, more often than not, he gets to his desired club.
RICHO1991 Capricorn

PostPosted: Tue Jun 12, 2018 10:15 pm

Absolute Steal if true and a great team player if he’s done that
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14  Next
Page 1 of 14   

Jump to: