Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Scott Burns - why did he move on?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

If Bucks fails there is no way we'll go with another former player. Burnsy knows that. Smart move.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:47 pm

Has he given the "I wanted to come to Hawthorn to join a winning culture" speech, yet?

Really, any Collingwood assistant coach that was hireable in the marketplace would be looking elsewhere - there's a real risk (if you were setting a market, I think you would be doing so with odds based on it being more likely than not) that the Buckley extension will go awry and end in tears. If you had senior-coaching aspirations why would you hang around to share the potential blame for that?
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:02 pm

duke750 BURNS came to CFC from west coast where he was an assistant coach for a number of years and highly regarded there .

what else does the guy have to do .

He has had years of experience as an assistant / a lot more than Buckley .

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:23 am

PIES 4shaw

I agree with you .

This is not the sort of topic i have enjoyed starting or being involved with .

The reality is BURNS has left and i wish him the best in his new CLUB and i am sure he will be a senior coach and i really doubt it will be COLLINGWOOD .

But after what happened a few weeks ago nothing would surprise me .

Buckley is a high class person and one of the best players and thats how i will always remember him .

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 12:20 pm

He moved on due to wanting to work with Tyrone Vickery at some stage in his career.

www.facebook/the hybernators
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 2:41 pm

Rowdy was VFL coach and doing well but just happen to be in a time when
succession plan happen

Did he see no future as senior coach
Was this another time in history when some one else saw no advancement

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:44 pm

Yep, no assistant wants to share in the sheer insanity of a club which is run by one man and which just hires old mates. I think the Dicktator plans to keep Suckley until 2030 at least, even if we win ten straight spoons. What a glorious period in the history of the greatest team in Australian Sport. Thank CHRIST for history! They can't change that...

Well not yet anyway.

Next year we'll become the best side ever to have missed the finals, actually, I think we did that this year.

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 5:58 pm

3rd degree wrote:
He moved on due to wanting to work with Tyrone Vickery at some stage in his career.

All the best managers in the world feel they have to have a project to bring out the best of their abilities.

Clarkson has Ty Vickery.
Buckley has Chris Mayne.

Burns must have felt the easier option was Vickery over Mayne.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:23 am

He moved on in order to learn the secrets of Alistair Clarkson's success and, like a spy, to come back to Collingwood and impart this information to us.
E 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:30 am

35forever wrote:
Yep, no assistant wants to share in the sheer insanity of a club which is run by one man and which just hires old mates. I think the Dicktator plans to keep Suckley until 2030 at least, even if we win ten straight spoons. What a glorious period in the history of the greatest team in Australian Sport. Thank CHRIST for history! They can't change that...

Well not yet anyway.

Next year we'll become the best side ever to have missed the finals, actually, I think we did that this year.

The Dogs missed the final and they were premiers the prior year. i'd say they lay claim to being the best side outside the 8 this year.

I would say that we were the best performed side in the second half of the year to miss finals. That is a good thing. Next year we just have to make sure we are up and about earlier.

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:57 am

"best performed side in the second half of the year to miss finals". That has a ring to it. Is there an award for that?

It's the Show soon - maybe we could try for "best decorated cake by a half-forward line with only one functioning player"?
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:20 am

Lets stick to the facts .

CFC missed out again and the potential Coach has left and gone to Hawthorn a side that never has success or should i stick to the facts .

rand corp 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 12:54 am

The issue was that with two separate internal reviews in place and the head coaches role very much in doubt, all un-contracted assistant coaches were told there were no guarantees about next year and they were therefore free to field other options at other clubs. Burns took up the opportunity to secure his future elsewhere.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 3:05 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
"best performed side in the second half of the year to miss finals". That has a ring to it. Is there an award for that?

It's the Show soon - maybe we could try for "best decorated cake by a half-forward line with only one functioning player"?

Yes, they give you the opportunity to take the 6th best young player in the country (and the best available KPP).

If we have another offseason like the last 2, i'd suggest that next year we will be the biggest movers up the ladder. The prize will be heartbreak come preliminary finals day!

The knockers will still be unhappy.

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:35 am

While it is now ONLY nearing the end of SEPTEMBER where are all the major announcements about all the reviews and where are the new staff to take the CFC upward .

i believe the players have about 6 to 8 weeks off from the end of the season so you would need to have all the new staff onboard well before then .

In the next few days i will start a new topic about the REVIEWS as i will not remain silent after what i saw at a recent disappointing press conference .

Am i cynical , i do not think ,,, so just fed up with the way my football club of over 60 years has performed lately both on and of the playing field .

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
Page 2 of 3   

Jump to: