Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fasolo staying at Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 8:46 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

dalyc wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwoods-alex-fasolo-opens-up-about-battle-with-depression-20170913-gygr9s.html

Judging by this I'd say he's more likely to stay

here's the full article, the Aged just pinched bits of it.

https://www.playersvoice.com.au/alex-fasolo-death-was-an-escape-fantasy/

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 10:47 pm

Wow. Very gusty to speak so frankly. Huge admiration for the youmg man.
It's an accurate picture for those who've not experienced it themselves or seen it affect a family member of friend.

blackandwhite4life Scorpio

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:03 pm

stui magpie wrote:
dalyc wrote:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwoods-alex-fasolo-opens-up-about-battle-with-depression-20170913-gygr9s.html

He's been so honest and enlightening with that article.

Great work Fas, you're an absolute champ and I hope you can gradually deal with it and gain some peace of mind.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Sep 14, 2017 11:33 pm

stui magpie wrote:
dalyc wrote:

Wow. He's very articulate. Thanks for sharing the article.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:40 am

think positive wrote:
stui magpie wrote:
dalyc wrote:

Wow. He's very articulate. Thanks for sharing the article.

Quotes from the Faz in the above article:

"I got to the point where I was so sick of talking about myself. Even around the club, Bucks has been a legend about it, but it’s always been, ‘How are ya Faz, how are ya?’ and I’m always, ‘Yeah, I’m fine, how are you?’."

I’d hate to imagine where I’d be if I didn’t have that amount of support around me, I think I was heading down a really slippery slope, so I’m really lucky. The coaching staff and Bucks have been just really amazing.

"My advice to anyone else in this situation: stop being in denial. Just go and see someone. And talk to your mates."

"Talk to anyone you can. Having close mates at the footy club and a coach like Bucks made my life easier. I also have a family that love me. I owe a lot to Mum and Dad. They copped the brunt of my bad times."

It continues to amazes me that the players view of Bucks and what seems like the majority of people on here are so fundamentally different.

Bucks seems to tick every single box for being a great coach other than results. Honestly, it makes me think that Bucks just hasnt had the playing group to get over the hump. We are closer than ever before to getting over that hump. One or two players (ad the continued improvement of the young guys) seems to be all that is separating Buck from being considered a great coach outside of the footy club.

The good news is that it seems he is already highly regarded by players inside the footy club.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 2:27 pm

Once the dissenters were got rid of the players apparently have been on board ever since.
Injuries, huge turnover of coaching/fitness staff and some less than perfect recruitment decisions has held back the core group.
uncanny 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:19 pm

Very much hope stays with the pies.
A good lead up forward.
Smart mover prepared to lay the tackles and apply forward pressure.
Hopefully he'll get on top of the mental issues over the break, have a huge pre season and have a career best year at Collingwood next year.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 4:54 pm

Fasolo has shown enormous bravery to bare his inner demons so publicly. Well done son.

For anyone still clings to this rubbish idea that Bucks doesn't know how to relate to his players, then read this story. He can't speak highly enough of the support he's received from Bucks. Reading this story has made me proud of my club.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 5:17 pm

^^ well said Rudeboy
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 6:39 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Fasolo has shown enormous bravery to bare his inner demons so publicly. Well done son.

For anyone still clings to this rubbish idea that Bucks doesn't know how to relate to his players, then read this story. He can't speak highly enough of the support he's received from Bucks. Reading this story has made me proud of my club.

Well said RudeBoy but don't hope for a change of heart from some - Buckley could single handedly broker permanent world peace and the abolition of taxes at any level and the haters here and elsewhere would proclaim it a disaster.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 8:35 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Well said RudeBoy but don't hope for a change of heart from some - Buckley could single handedly broker permanent world peace and the abolition of taxes at any level and the haters here and elsewhere would proclaim it a disaster.

I suppose it would be considered churlish of me to suggest that I'd like it all to translate into goals and Ws in the "Result" column.

You're right that there are people on here who take an unbalanced approach to Nathan.

I don't. I think he's probably a great guy and I'm sure he's got the best interests of all of the players, the Club and the supporters at heart. I just don't think he can coach. My view about that won't change because players speak highly of him. Nor, as it happens, am I interested in him brokering world peace or abolishing taxes - there are plenty of other people who can get on with that, if they want. I just want Collingwood to win games of footy - that is the single most important (and, increasingly, elusive) task in human history.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 9:31 pm

Pies4 I have no problem with criticism of Bux coaching - he certainly appears to have deficiencies from an outsider's point of view.
I just have issues with those few who have clear agenda's and use every post in every thread to further that agenda.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Fri Sep 15, 2017 10:18 pm

RudeBoy wrote:

Well after the disgusting way Marsh was treated by Leading Flogs in 2016, the club would certainly want to step up in the mental health department...

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 12:55 pm

piedys wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Well after the disgusting way Marsh was treated by Leading Flogs in 2016, the club would certainly want to step up in the mental health department...

I warned everyone years ago about the destructive effect Leading Teams would have. Unfortunately, it's taken us, and a number of other clubs, several wasted years to reach the same conclusion.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 1:14 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

I suppose it would be considered churlish of me to suggest that I'd like it all to translate into goals and Ws in the "Result" column.

You're right that there are people on here who take an unbalanced approach to Nathan.

I don't. I think he's probably a great guy and I'm sure he's got the best interests of all of the players, the Club and the supporters at heart. I just don't think he can coach. My view about that won't change because players speak highly of him. Nor, as it happens, am I interested in him brokering world peace or abolishing taxes - there are plenty of other people who can get on with that, if they want. I just want Collingwood to win games of footy - that is the single most important (and, increasingly, elusive) task in human history.

That's fair enough P4S. I wasn't suggesting that Fasolo's comments in any way demonstrated Bucks was a good coach; rather, it exposed as a lie, the myth that often gets bandied about, that Bucks has no people's skills and can't relate to his players. I think the opposite is the case, and Fasolo's comments strengthen that view. Whether he is a good coach is another matter entirely, and I respect your opinion on that matter, even though I hold a contrary position.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 6 of 9   

Jump to: