Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Fasolo staying at Collingwood

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:43 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Have been hearing this for over a month now.

As mentioned, he is like a box of chocolates.

West Coast would be favourites to land him (he was a huge WCE fan growing up).

Jack Darling anyone?

In all seriousness, if West Coast go deep enough in the finals, their first round selection could be around 16, which is what i would take for Fas. Their second round selection wouldn't be enough IMO.

As for Fremantle, their second round pick in the early 20s might do it too. I cant think of many players id want from there anyway.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 10:58 pm

If he is heading home and if he wants to go to the Eagles, the good news is they could use a Fasolo type to replace their LeCras version. Probably worth a second round pick, but I think we'd prefer a player if there was one that fit our needs and we could deal for.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Extra to our needs now. Don't need him flying in the same pack as Coxy, every time.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 11:14 pm

Hope not. I know he is enigmatic but love him to stay, reckon he still has bucketloads to offer us.
mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 12:38 am

FWIW I heard from my generally reliable source (not Facebook) that he has definitely requested a trade to WA.

I like him, but isn't he a free agent next year? If we can get something, it needs to be now.

#SIDEBYSIDE
E 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 5:39 am

if he has requested a trade "home", i hope we honor the request. He has been a pretty good servant of the club for 6 years and while his raw ability could have been harnessed better by a guy like Blair than Faz, i feel like he played good footy for us. i think he was asked to do something that isnt in his wheelhouse (lead up tall forward) and if Elliot is truly back, then i think he is someone we could live without. if he can be part of the answer to the question "how do we get an above average lead up tall forward", then it would seem to be a fair trade. i do think on the right team (west coast) for example, he would be an amazing compliment to the likes of Kennedy and i think he would make them a better team (and is the right age profile). i'm not sure Fremantle would place as much value on him based on where their list is at.

I still think he would be first 22 in our premiership side if we can convince him to stay.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:43 am

Without a doubt. Surround him with a decent team and coaching staff and I reckon he's a champ. All our small forwards suffer because we only really gave pore there this year as a tall, and he's not taking two defenders yet. I wish him well what ever happens. Partly due to the crap he has undeservingly copped here.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 7:57 am

It will be a great disappointment - and compound our difficulties - if Fasolo heads home. We ended the season as we started it: well short of being able to field a team comprised entirely of genuinely AFL-standard players. Most weeks we fielded about 14 or so. Fasolo is a high-class player. He has physical shortcomings, as you expect with a pick 45, but he can play good football against any opposition. Most of our present list can't.
Clifton Hill-Billy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 8:47 am

Straight swap for McGovern, yes please
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 9:06 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It will be a great disappointment - and compound our difficulties - if Fasolo heads home. We ended the season as we started it: well short of being able to field a team comprised entirely of genuinely AFL-standard players. Most weeks we fielded about 14 or so. Fasolo is a high-class player. He has physical shortcomings, as you expect with a pick 45, but he can play good football against any opposition. Most of our present list can't.

No good having genuine AFL-standard players if they can't play in the same team. Carlton had three of the best small forwards in the competition playing with them at the same time - Betts, Garlett and Yarran. How did that go? They only needed to keep one - Eddie Betts. Resist giving up Kennedy in the Judd trade and they would now have the two premier forwards in the competition sharing their forward line.

Elliot is our marquee player. It would be insanity to trade him (if they ever do that I will tear up my membership). We need to give Elliot some company where he feels he doesn't have to do it all. Cox is a start although he's still learning his game. Kirby adds something to our forward line if he can get himself fit. Moore is not going to spend all his time in the forward line. Others need to step up or we need to draft/ trade to find another tall forward who can keep the goals ticking over.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:03 am

Faz for WC Pick 30. Done. Next.
Millane42 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:09 am

Surplus to requirements - move along.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:11 am

My concern is that we have a track record in recent years of letting guys that we know are "good enough" to play in the seniors go for guys we merely hope will be.

I am happy for Fasolo to go if we get a similar-standard player in return but I don't want him to go for a late first-round or second-round draft pick. We've put 7 seasons of development into Fasolo and he should be about to reach his peak. That is most definitely the wrong time to lose him. If he's part of a good deal, that's fine but if he's part of a "cut our losses and get what we can - better a draft pick than nothing" deal, it will just set us back (only a little, of course - because we are already coming from quite a way back).
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:37 am

Culprit wrote:

I may be overrating him a bit here but I think we can do better.

If James Aish cost us 2 2nd round selections, I think we can do better than pick 30.

I think there will be steak knives involved one way or another.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Wed Sep 13, 2017 10:44 am

ad4eva wrote:
Culprit wrote:

I may be overrating him a bit here but I think we can do better.

If James Aish cost us 2 2nd round selections, I think we can do better than pick 30.

I think there will be steak knives involved one way or another.

apparently we will receive Licehart!

www.facebook/the hybernators
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next
Page 2 of 9   

Jump to: