Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Exit interviews

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:25 pm
Post subject: Exit interviewsReply with quote

With the season done and dusted and we sit awaiting the trade and draft periods I was pondering the other day what would the coach have said to certain players at there exit interviews.
So if I was coach this is what I would have said

Pendles. Mate your a club champion and will undoubtedly be spoken of in the highest terms when you retire. I need a couple things from you for 2018. Firstly I need you to step aside as skipper. This isn't because we don't see you as a leader it's about taking the responsibility and putting on the shoulders of others. You will always been seen as a leader and I would expect you to continue in that mind set on the field. If your not ok with it then we won't change it your opinion in this matters greatly and we need you to be 100% OK with it.
Secondly I need you to change your playing role. You have been carrying this team on your shoulders for too long. I think playing injured like you have the past few years may shorten your career and we don't want that. I want you to play as a forward spending 65-75% of the game inside the forward 50. If you see the momentum swing badly against us I empower you to go to the midfield or back line as you see fit and stabilise go for us. We need goals and I see you as being able to kick 2 a game easily with your smarts and height.

Adams. Taylor your leadership shone brightly in Pendles absence. You showed the promise and skills we had hoped to see on a consistent basis from you. You grew into the role with Sidey and led by example. We need you to assume the role as captain on a full time basis. Your the leader of generation next and the example you set both in and off the field will be vital in how we go going forward. Pendles will still be in the leadership group and act as your mentor but you need to take the last 6 weeks of season 2017 and make those performances a weekly occurrence.

Trelaor. Adam we know you've been playing hampered for a chunk of 2017 so we need you to be cherry ripe come first bounce 2018. We love your run and carry but your kicking on the run needs work. Maybe you need to spend some time with Wellsy and pick up some of his habits. Your entries inside 50 hold a huge key to us being able to kick winning scores.

Moore. Darce mate we love your work rate and courage and now it's tim to take the next step in your development. Playing CHF gives you the chance to really work your opponent over up and down the ground. Spend some extra time in the gym in the off season building your body a bit and your aerobic capacity up. We need you to become a 40+ a season goal kicker

Elliott. Jamie you hold the key to our forward line. You play taller than many realise and we rely on you heavily. Spend the off season resting your body we need you in tip top shape for 2018.

Sidebottom. Sidey your second half of the season was near the best of your career. Yeah you didn't get 30+ every game but you actually made the touches you had count for more. When Pendles was out you changed your rol for the team and did a fantastic job. In 2018 we need you to change that role again. We need you along with Wellsy to share the small forward role interchanging onto the wing. We see your skills in front of goal and footy smarts best suited as a small forward. Need you front and centre at the drop of the ball. We won't be offering you a role as vice captain we feel that generation next has to take ownership of the side for the future. We still except you to be a leader around the place just without the title.

Wells. Wellsy mate we need you to work hard in the off season on your fitness. We need you playing 15+ games next year. We want you to work with the young guys on there kicking skills as well and when on the field interchange with Sidey through the small forward role.

Grundy. Brodes you had a awesome year and we need that to be the minimum level for you now. Your so important to our chances each week. We might give you some more time at FF in 2018 so practise up on your contested marking and goal kicking

Cox. Coxy mate we know you want a full time gig but we still see areas you need to improve. With that being said we can see you working with Grundy forming the best 1-2 combination going around. We see you rucking 30-40% of the game then standing deep inside 50 and hopefully kicking 2 a game if not getting the ball to ground and giving Sidey or Wellsy the chance to crumb it.

Howe. Jezza mate great year and now your proving why we wanted you. Need you to take a strong leadership role in the backline and become our general there.

Dunn. Dunny good year mate. Your experience proved so valuable to us. Keep working hard and pass on your experience to the next generation.

Mayanrd. Brando mate this year you had some moments both sensational and ordinary. Your young and still learning. That last game we played you in the middle and you showed that's your future. In the off season go see Wellsy and get some kicking tips and work with tommy Phillips on building your engine. We need your hardness at the contest.

Scharenberg. Matty after 2 knees you came back good. Our plan worked we got you through the year and got games under your belt. You started to show why you were so highly rated as a junior. In the off season we need you to build leg strength and agility and speed. If you can improve those you will take our backline to the next level.

Langdon. Tommy you came back from injury and we probably played you way before you were ready. Your first few games back were ordinary but you finished the year off nicely. In the off season you need to spend time with Dunny and Howe working on your marking and match awareness. This is the last year of your contract so you need to be very strong to get a new deal

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Not too far from the truth at all, my good chap!
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:35 pm

piedys wrote:
Not too far from the truth at all, my good chap!

It comes from our D&M's at our elite Thai training sessions
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:36 pm

Pretty much spot on. For some the end of the season showed more of their potential
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:41 pm

Member 7167 wrote:
Pretty much spot on. For some the end of the season showed more of their potential

Mate I think the coach actually did a good job in giving players different roles and not having Pendles there to carry the load will benefit is in the long term. It definitely uncovered our next leaders.
Maynard to the middle is a no brainer for mine
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:23 pm

We finished 13th or bottom third of the competition. But the coach did well. Played and dropped then played and dropped .etc, etc, Mr Cox so now he is looking elsewhere. Seriously when is this board going to show some realism about where we are at. Looking forward to us being March champions next year as we didn't even make it to that this year. One of the worse seasons for a long time. Trully terrible.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 5:30 pm

Sound good in my books qldmagpie67, really really good work.

As a say second part of this question, in your opinion... if you were Geoff Walsh, what would you be saying to the main players in our coaching department - I expect their overall input into our teams chances are just about as equally important.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:16 pm

Good analysis.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:36 pm

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Sound good in my books qldmagpie67, really really good work.

As a say second part of this question, in your opinion... if you were Geoff Walsh, what would you be saying to the main players in our coaching department - I expect their overall input into our teams chances are just about as equally important.

Absolutely Wolfe. If I was Walsh I would be saying:

Ok guys this isn't a one man band this is a team and that includes the coaching department.

Buckley. Bucks we've given you 2years on faith mostly. Yes we finished the season off well considering we had injuries but we still missed the finals. You need to be more open to differing opinions be it from an assistant or the leadership group. Be bold don't take the easy option at the selection table. Listen to the assistants we've put them around you for a reason. In the off season don't be worried watching video of the top teams from this season. Go and watch video of our players. Sit with the assistants and decide what style can we play with the cattle we have so that we can be successful. There's no point in trying to impersonate Adelaide when we don't have a Eddie Betts or there talls in our forward line. Keep working on your own weaknesses and be more engaging with the young players. Lastly you were just about th best kick of your era. For gods sake take the young players aside and teach them how to kick the damn ball 30m straight. We've backed you now show us why.
Bucks forget the outside noise or opinions on what we do well or don't do well. You were a great player surely you can impart some of that wisdom onto the playing experience group.
Eddie believes in you I believe in you the players obviously believe in you so now get out there and coach like never before

Assistants. You need to not be yes men. You need to be respectful but at the same time forcefull enough to get your point across to the head coach. You each have a responsibility to a line but you need to work as a unit to make sure each line works in harmony with the other line.
Go with Bucks and watch our players videos closely.
Finally get players like Wellsy and Dunn to teach the young guys how to kick properly.
We have 46 games to prove to the footy world we made the right decision and you assistants are part of that
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:47 pm

Jordan De Goey - you're no longer a young emerging player Jordy. It's time for you to stamp your authority on the game and become one of the best mids in the comp. Get super fit over the summer and next year you'll be our number one midfielder. You can be better than Nat Fyfe and Dangerfield. Just do it Jordy.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:49 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Jordan De Goey - you're no longer a young emerging player Jordy. It's time for you to stamp your authority on the game and become one of the best mids in the comp. Get super fit over the summer and next year you'll be our number one midfielder. You can be better than Nat Fyfe and Dangerfield. Just do it Jordy.

Great get rude forgot about JDG
I would also add. The only headlines we want to hear about you is how well you presented for the preseason. Go and spend some time with Sidey and Pendles and learn what it takes to prepare as a professional footballer
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:09 pm

Aishy: would you be interested in going home to SA as part of a deal for Jake Lever?
mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:34 pm

I'll talk to you 4 together,Blairy,Smithy,Sinkers Rammer.Thanks guys ,here's a one way bus ticket to any where you want.See ya.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:49 pm

Damien wrote:
Aishy: would you be interested in going home to SA as part of a deal for Jake Lever?

We won't be getting Rid of Aish but Tell Him that he Needs Improvement or he won't be getting a Contract Extension

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 7:54 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:

Great get rude forgot about JDG
I would also add. The only headlines we want to hear about you is how well you presented for the preseason. Go and spend some time with Sidey and Pendles and learn what it takes to prepare as a professional footballer

Agree with this and all of the OP.

Good stuff there.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: