Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Looking back on Treloar Descion between Us and Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 11:06 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Cam wrote:
He who wins the gf has the last laugh.

I wish I could have the last laugh. So Cam, who do you fancy this week? Yellow and Black or the Pie Floaters?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:15 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
The stupidity of some supporters and posters never ceases to amaze me. Potting Buckley and Treloar over team choices? They each earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, work in a dream job, live in beautiful house and you think you can lay a glove on them? Same posters potting them would be lucky to earn 100k busting their arse in a job they likely don't enjoy.

I'm sure Buckley doesn't have trouble sleeping at night having chose Collingwood over the bears.

And no need to pity Treloar, he will win one with the Pies. Perhaps you forget where Richmond was on the ladder last year?

And yet your still here among the minions! You haven't met many professional athletes have you? Anyone with that drive wants the glory and would give a lot up for it. I bet it burns Buckley. I know it does. I saw his face 2010, happy for the boys but sorely disappointed for himself. And justly so.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:26 pm

Crows will win the Flag, as David King says, they are at least 20% better than any other team. They are on a mission too, to win it for their late Coach,and for their player who lost his bro recently, both taken so tragically. You can see it in their eyes, they are utterly focused, the tigers wont know what hit them. Treloar has zilch to worry about, I reckon.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 2:50 pm

Unless he wanted to play in a Grand Final.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 4:04 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Unless he wanted to play in a Grand Final.

NEXT Year. Razz

Big Dan 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 7:22 pm

Losing first round pick in 2016 really hurt. Both Curnow & Hipwood went after pick 7 - long term, these would have been better long erm investments than Treloar.

Hard to justify 2 top 10 selections for an outside mid, with suspect groins, that couldn't hit the floor if he fell out of bed.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 11:47 am

Big Dan wrote:
Losing first round pick in 2016 really hurt. Both Curnow & Hipwood went after pick 7 - long term, these would have been better long erm investments than Treloar.

Hard to justify 2 top 10 selections for an outside mid, with suspect groins, that couldn't hit the floor if he fell out of bed.

WTF ???? Treloar will win the Copeland by the length of the Flemington straight, been a fantastic player for us, is still pretty young, and can only get better. ! Surprised

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Damien wrote:
The way the comp is now Treloar might yet be right. Richmond's list is not full of stars apart from Dusty, Cotchin and Rance yet they are playing will a real spirit and doing it for each other. Sometimes that's enough to get the job done, just like the Dogs last year. Shades of our 2002 GF team too. Lots of workers.

Damo, great observation indeed. The parallels to 2002 are there: home PF at the MCG with a hostile parochial home crowd of 90,000+ behind you, against an interstate side who are coming off a SF, and seldom set foot on that ground.

Fortunately for the tiggers, they aren't playing the reigning premiers, nor are they minus a player due to a pedantic suspension; unlike our great 2002 side.

You'd be hoping for a wet and wild rainy GF day; otherwise you'll be 2ndmond.

D,D,B'90 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:27 pm

Adam Treloar may well have been right at the time in his assessment of Richmond's List V Magpies List. Over the last 2 years which club has recruited, drafted best and which players from either club has improved, stagnated or gone backwards ?
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 9:33 pm

One necessary but not sufficient condition to get to a GF is injuries or lack thereof. Richmond have been blessed by a lack of injuries this year.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 11:28 pm

No doubt Ads would like to be playing in the GF tomorrow. But at the time our list looked better, and still does in many ways. But it's a dynamic world. We could quite easily be up there next year or missing the eight. That's footy in the modern age.
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:45 am

Right or wrong, Treloar came to us for Buckley and the young talented group of players at his disposal.

Meanwhile, Richmond has built a solid team that has 2 absolute superstars in Martin and Rance and yes injuries have been kind to them.

As for Treloar, he is quick can get plenty of the ball but his disposal is shocking, this may improve over the coming years (see Swan or Johnson) and he still may develop into one of the best mids in the competition.

Only Treloar will know at the end of his career whether he made the right choice or not, does Buckley regret not staying at Brisbane and winning flags? many may think so, I don't.
themonk 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 2:45 am

Right or wrong, Treloar came to us for Buckley and the young talented group of players at his disposal.

Meanwhile, Richmond has built a solid team that has 2 absolute superstars in Martin and Rance and yes injuries have been kind to them.

As for Treloar, he is quick can get plenty of the ball but his disposal is shocking, this may improve over the coming years (see Swan or Johnson) and he still may develop into one of the best mids in the competition.

Only Treloar will know at the end of his career whether he made the right choice or not, does Buckley regret not staying at Brisbane and winning flags? many may think so, I don't.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:30 am

Treloar wa courted hard by the club for 18 months before he signed. To a young man to have a former player of the caliber of Buckley personally calling and talking to you on more than one occasion would make a difference for sure.
Imagine sitting at home and having a 6 time club champion, Brownlow medalists and a player regarded by many as one of the all time greats saying hey Adam mate I see big things for you at Collingwood
I said at the time and have said ever since I thought 2 X 1st round picks was overs. But it is what it is and hopefully he can repay that investment in spades over the years.
As for those doubting his performances he has been nominated last 2 years for all Australian honours. He was our highest finisher in the 2016 Brownlow runner up in the Copeland likely top 2 or 3 finish again this year in the Copeland and hit double digits in the Brownlow again. Whilst his kicking hasnt been at an elite level I think his groin has played a major role in this and hopefully we can get them right for him. You could tell that he struggled after the bye. He had lost some zip and his kicking on the run when having to stretch his groin out showed often.
His a future leader and I thought he along with Adams and Sidey really showed the club is in a strong position with on field leadership when Pendles calls time in a few years.
Tigers making the GF doesn't reflect on his decision it isn't like he's been horrible for us more accurate would be we have failed him putting the other pieces around him to make the team better.
He's got time on his side let's see what happened by the end of his career
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 30, 2017 7:36 am

Great post qldmagpie67, really good
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 5 of 7   

Jump to: