Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Looking back on Treloar Descion between Us and Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 9:23 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

piedys wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I'm sure Treloar is very happy with his decision to come to Collingwood. He's well paid, he's playing for a coach he loves, and he gets his Septembers off as a bonus. What's not to like? Wink

What an interesting hypothetical thread we have here.
Perhaps we should also hypothesis that had Treloar stayed at GWS for 2016, he would have most likely played in a Grand Final, if not a premiership.
Take f^ck-up merchant Palmer out of that 2016 Prelim final, replace him with Treloar, and Footscray DO NOT win, the fairytale never happens, and it's Swans vs GWS in the Grand Final. Hmmm.... interesting.
2016 Premiership player wants to return to Melbourne; his price then goes through the roof. Let the bidding begin...

I've no doubt Treloar is contemplating these what-if scenarios during his September break; ah well, sucks to be wrong. We're all wiser in hindsight, too bad, so sad. Happens to the best of us.

FYI, it was Treloar's blind kick out of a pack that Swan attempted to mark, and ending his career in round 1, 2016.
So we had them both on the park together, for all of what - 5 minutes?

Imagine that though: Treloar chooses Tigers over the Pies, but we still have a fit Dane Swan. How ironic.

That's a good scenario mate but I reckon it was Johnson's suspension that cost GWS in the preliminary final. Also, if GWS got through to the GF there's every chance they would have self destructed against Sydney in the GF (like we saw against Adelaide on the weekend).
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 3:37 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
piedys wrote:

What an interesting hypothetical thread we have here.
Perhaps we should also hypothesis that had Treloar stayed at GWS for 2016, he would have most likely played in a Grand Final, if not a premiership.
Take f^ck-up merchant Palmer out of that 2016 Prelim final, replace him with Treloar, and Footscray DO NOT win, the fairytale never happens, and it's Swans vs GWS in the Grand Final. Hmmm.... interesting.

That's a good scenario mate but I reckon it was Johnson's suspension that cost GWS in the preliminary final. Also, if GWS got through to the GF there's every chance they would have self destructed against Sydney in the GF (like we saw against Adelaide on the weekend).

Oh no doubt it was Johnson's suspension that cost GWS in the preliminary final in reality; evidently Leon Cameron had no problem with telling him that after the game concluded, so rumour has it.

Even so, GWS's demolition of the Swans in the 2016QF was superbly clinical, and they were playing much better football then, than they have served up so far in 2017.
I doubt GWS would have imploded in the 2016GF, although the contest would have been a lot tighter than it was in that QF, even allowing for SJ to return with all his GF experience.

flyingpies 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:22 pm

Treloar will be another Nathan Buckley, moved clubs and will never win a flag with the Pies
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:27 pm

flyingpies wrote:
Treloar will be another Nathan Buckley, moved clubs and will never win a flag with the Pies

2020 our realistic next premiership window; see how he's travelling then.

Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 4:32 pm

Piesnchess wrote:

REAL Collingwood fans stand by Treloar, and don't abuse him, for no bloody reason, other than being a snide smartarse. Thank heavens for the ignore button, its a ripper. Cool

Oh it's a totally different site with the ignore button. Started using it a lot more liberally in the last year or so myself. You don't really miss out on anything useful either as you still get the opposing view, just not a million times a day in every thread from the usual suspects.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:44 am

What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Lol....Treloar is the new millennium's version of Buckley.

So did Collingwood get it right then, and if not why? And if so we got it wrong, what would have been the best for us with hindsight, whatsinaname?

No mate, Treloar, like Buckley, got it wrong

If Bucks stays at Brisbane, he's a triple or even quadruple premiership player.

Treloar chooses Richmond, he's closer to a flag than at Eddiewood.

Richmond winning a flag😂😂😂 before Collingwood,good one
Come here in 2
Weeks let know how that went. They beat the cats big farkin deal so did eddiewood
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:53 am

scoobydoo wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
simon tonna wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Lol....Treloar is the new millennium's version of Buckley.

So did Collingwood get it right then, and if not why? And if so we got it wrong, what would have been the best for us with hindsight, whatsinaname?

No mate, Treloar, like Buckley, got it wrong

If Bucks stays at Brisbane, he's a triple or even quadruple premiership player.

Treloar chooses Richmond, he's closer to a flag than at Eddiewood.

Richmond winning a flag😂😂😂 before Collingwood,good one
Come here in 2
Weeks let know how that went. They beat the cats big farkin deal so did eddiewood

That's what they said about the $£$%^%%$ Bulldogs last year, and yet the AwFuL got them over the line. It's not hard to pull out an extra 18 free kicks apparently that the footy public won't worry about, and even Carlton could win with that many extra frees. And if you can't see how Richmond is far closer to a Premiership this week when they are playing in a prelim next week, compared to us, with our boys playing anything but footy in Ibiza, well can I get a pair of those glasses.

But really, who cares? Just be bloody happy we got him. He was worth everything he cost. So was Buckley. He just had a crap team and crap coach around him for most of his career. Had bad would we have been without him?

ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 12:52 pm

Fk me, I can't be that unlucky with 2 of my most hated teams winning the flag 2yrs in a row, can I?

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 3:31 pm

Richmond still have 2 more games to win.

GWS/WCE and then Adel/Syd/Geel.

All those teams can beat Richmond on the day. With WCE the least likely. I know the Cats were beaten soundly by them, but didnt we beat the Lions in the 2003 QF?

I just wish they had to run into either Syd or Adelaide before a possible GF matchup.

Secondly, who would have thought Shane Crawford would win a flag? He did.

So anything can happen.

For all we know we'll win 10 flags before Richmond win their next.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:26 pm

If the swans make the GF, v the tigger train, they wiill be in a vile and foul mood, there is no way known the swannies will lose three grannies in a row, they are spewing on last year. I reckon they will take the tiges to the cleaners, they are far more experienced in finals, in grannies, and they wont let dusty run lose, or pea heart cotchin, the way the slow cats did. Hell, even we beat the cats, shoulda beaten em twice, actually. Long way to go yet.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:13 pm

Yep. All the Tigers Fan and Richmond Media Mafia will make fun of Treloar choosing us over THem
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 8:40 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Yep. All the Tigers Fan and Richmond Media Mafia will make fun of Treloar choosing us over THem

He who makes the gf has the last laugh.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Sep 23, 2017 9:48 pm

He who wins the gf has the last laugh.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:30 am

The stupidity of some supporters and posters never ceases to amaze me. Potting Buckley and Treloar over team choices? They each earn hundreds of thousands of dollars a year, work in a dream job, live in beautiful house and you think you can lay a glove on them? Same posters potting them would be lucky to earn 100k busting their arse in a job they likely don't enjoy.

I'm sure Buckley doesn't have trouble sleeping at night having chose Collingwood over the bears.

And no need to pity Treloar, he will win one with the Pies. Perhaps you forget where Richmond was on the ladder last year?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 9:59 am

Firstly I don't think Tigers will win the GF. Adelaide simply has too much talent on every line to overwhelm Richmond's defences. Motivation wise, 35 years after their last GF appearance is a powerful motivator for Richmond, but Adelaide has an even more powerful motivator, the legacy of Phil Walsh's coaching period at Adelaide.

With regard to Treloar, I don't think he meant what he said when he said a reason for joining Collingwood, was that Collingwood was closer to a premiership than Richmond. He wanted to return to Melbourne. Collingwood had the best offer on the table and had been courting him for over 12 months. Richmond made an opportunist play for him at the last moment. Treloar likes the training facilities and high profile of the Collingwood fc. He likes Nathan Buckley. After making his decision he was asked by a reporter why he didn't choose Richmond over Collingwood. He thought he would have a bit of fun goading the Richmond supporters. It worked.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: