Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Looking back on Treloar Descion between Us and Tigers

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 10:14 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

GreekLunatic wrote:
next year the tigers could be out of the finals who knows dusty goes down they are stuffed I bet the tigers are one hit wonders like milli vanilli

like the bulldogs, one hit wonders. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:10 am

Yeah but if they win this years GF, who gives a shit if you miss out the following year....

Treloar's another Buckley, I wanna play finals.
Well enjoy your September holiday dickhead!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 12:33 pm

I will mention that to my , WhyPhilWhy? .
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:05 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
I'm sure Treloar is very happy with his decision to come to Collingwood. He's well paid, he's playing for a coach he loves, and he gets his Septembers off as a bonus. What's not to like? Wink

What an interesting hypothetical thread we have here.
Perhaps we should also hypothesis that had Treloar stayed at GWS for 2016, he would have most likely played in a Grand Final, if not a premiership.
Take f^ck-up merchant Palmer out of that 2016 Prelim final, replace him with Treloar, and Footscray DO NOT win, the fairytale never happens, and it's Swans vs GWS in the Grand Final. Hmmm.... interesting.
2016 Premiership player wants to return to Melbourne; his price then goes through the roof. Let the bidding begin...

I've no doubt Treloar is contemplating these what-if scenarios during his September break; ah well, sucks to be wrong. We're all wiser in hindsight, too bad, so sad. Happens to the best of us.

FYI, it was Treloar's blind kick out of a pack that Swan attempted to mark, and ending his career in round 1, 2016.
So we had them both on the park together, for all of what - 5 minutes?

Imagine that though: Treloar chooses Tigers over the Pies, but we still have a fit Dane Swan. How ironic.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:49 pm

ANNODAM wrote:
Yeah but if they win this years GF, who gives a shit if you miss out the following year....

Charming , a real $£$%^%%$ charmer you are, calling probably our next Captain a dickhead, real nice, goes to show how shallow you are, real nice type. Don't bother replying I'm putting you on ignore for quite some time, as you so richly deserve. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 2:50 pm

If I am ever looking for a shit if you miss out the following year, I will ask him
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 5:46 pm

piedys wrote:
doriswilgus wrote:
I'm sure Treloar is very happy with his decision to come to Collingwood. He's well paid, he's playing for a coach he loves, and he gets his Septembers off as a bonus. What's not to like? Wink

What an interesting hypothetical thread we have here.
Perhaps we should also hypothesis that had Treloar stayed at GWS for 2016, he would have most likely played in a Grand Final, if not a premiership.
Take f^ck-up merchant Palmer out of that 2016 Prelim final, replace him with Treloar, and Footscray DO NOT win, the fairytale never happens, and it's Swans vs GWS in the Grand Final. Hmmm.... interesting.
2016 Premiership player wants to return to Melbourne; his price then goes through the roof. Let the bidding begin...

I've no doubt Treloar is contemplating these what-if scenarios during his September break; ah well, sucks to be wrong. We're all wiser in hindsight, too bad, so sad. Happens to the best of us.

FYI, it was Treloar's blind kick out of a pack that Swan attempted to mark, and ending his career in round 1, 2016.
So we had them both on the park together, for all of what - 5 minutes?

Imagine that though: Treloar chooses Tigers over the Pies, but we still have a fit Dane Swan. How ironic.

Swan would be Retired now

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:11 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

Charming , a real $£$%^%%$ charmer you are, calling probably our next Captain a dickhead, real nice, goes to show how shallow you are, real nice type. Don't bother replying I'm putting you on ignore for quite some time, as you so richly deserve. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

We do have some 'interesting' supporters here,PNC.They sound more like opposition supporters the way they routinely abuse our players.I wouldn't like to fight in the trenches with them,they'd more than likely defect to the other side when things got tough.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:16 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
ANNODAM wrote:

We do have some 'interesting' supporters here,PNC.They sound more like opposition supporters the way they routinely abuse our players.I wouldn't like to fight in the trenches with them,they'd more than likely defect to the other side when things got tough.

True, pretty sad, interstingly last season many tiger fans were saying the same thing about Cochin and wanting Hardwick sacked, now they are all sweetness and light. Thing is, re Treloar, the tigers have not even made the GF yet, let alone win it. And two great sides are still left, the swans and the crows, so I I reckon this thread is a tad early, to say the very least. Surprised

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 6:34 pm

Only if you continue to ignore the premise deliberately. Dave started with a perfectly reasonable question that had nothing to do with Richmond winning anything this year. You and the people who've just abused Treloar have derailed it.
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 7:44 pm

GreekLunatic wrote:
next year the tigers could be out of the finals who knows dusty goes down they are stuffed I bet the tigers are one hit wonders like milli vanilli

WTF man, Milli Vanilli had more than one hit that went to #1 on the charts!

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:17 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Only if you continue to ignore the premise deliberately. Dave started with a perfectly reasonable question that had nothing to do with Richmond winning anything this year. You and the people who've just abused Treloar have derailed it.

REAL Collingwood fans stand by Treloar, and don't abuse him, for no bloody reason, other than being a snide smartarse. Thank heavens for the ignore button, its a ripper. Cool

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:26 pm
Post subject: Re: Looking back on Treloar Descion between Us and TigersReply with quote

Dave The Man wrote:
Was thinking about this Last Nigh after Richmond made the Prelim.

Treloar said a Big Reason he Joined us instead of Richmond that he said we had a Better List. Well 2 seasons later it looks like he got that 1 very Wrong. We are a Bottom 6 Side and Tigers are a Top 4 side.

It might of been better for Richmond that they did NOT trade for Treloar as they would of Traded there 2 Years of 1st Rounders. These are the 2 Players they got with those Picks:

Daniel Rioli
Corey Ellis

Rioli has been Fantastic and Ellis is a Promising Prospect and then they Topped up well last Trade Period with Prestia and Caddy.

Well Treloar has been Fantastic for Us and is 1 of our Best Players BUT we did Trade 2 1st Rounders to get Treloar. Could it been better IF we kept those Picks and Got some Good Young Prospects instead?

Just something worth thinking about as I say there is no Right Answer but more something just to think about

I don't agree.

The only difference between Richmond and us is coaching and the gamestyle that was born from new coach input.

Caracella and Leppitsch have been huge for Richmond and are the reason they are where they are.

We kept the same old yes men and suffered.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 9:59 pm

Yes
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Sep 10, 2017 11:01 pm

The way the comp is now Treloar might yet be right. Richmond's list is not full of stars apart from Dusty, Cotchin and Rance yet they are playing will a real spirit and doing it for each other. Sometimes that's enough to get the job done, just like the Dogs last year. Shades of our 2002 GF team too. Lots of workers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: