Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

End of year 2019.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2
View previous topic :: View next topic  
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
FRONT PAGE NEWS

Half of posters on Nicks Bulletin Board are finally exposed as closet Carlton supporters. Cool

Every time you post stuff like the 'above' I think of Jack Ripper's message to the President from the movie Dr Strangelove, just so you know Laughing

I think of someone with a single digit IQ
stoliboy Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:32 pm

End of 2019 Headlines

"Buckley says playing finals pass mark for 2020"

"McGuire back Buckley"

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:02 pm

Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:19 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Sarcasm is the lowest form of wit.

Well, we've tried mocking them and humiliating them and they still reappointed him, so I guess this is what we're left with.
regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 7:59 pm

Chess and Rudey, I think you two need a lesson in what a real Collingwood hater looks like:

Exhibit one: Jack Dyer - when Richmond were cock of the walk, Jack's contempt for Collingwood knew no bounds, it was made worse when Collingwood snared Richmond's premiership coach, Tom Hafey. Notable achievement - using those little "you want it when" guys - the ones falling about laughing, with the logo "Collingwood for premiers" as his masthead.

Exhibit 2 Jim Main - the Inside Football guy rubbished every Collingwood finals team ever, including this gem from 1981: "The Collingwood team is too small, too slow to win the flag". Notable achievement - personal attack on Joffa after 2003 grand final loss.

Exhibit 3 Mathew Stevic: the legendary umpire umpired grand finals during Hawthorn's golden run, also helpful with Collingwood v Hawthorn games during the past 6 years - wins to Collingwood - one...habit of taking the ball off Cloke when he marked in the goal square.

Exhibit 4 Brian Hansen: The Truth football editor later wrote the Collingwood history, I guess money talks...quote when talking about Barassi v Neil Mann: "It was Attila the Hun versus Mr Magoo." Notable achievement - leaving full forward spot in Truth's team of the year vacant, rather than award it to Magpie champion Phil Carman.

Exhibit 5 Bill Jacobs - ill disguised contempt for Collingwood culminated in Team of the Century blackballing best fullback, Jack Regan and coach Jock Mchale

Exhibit 6 Tom Pryor the Herald Sun journo launched an extraordinary attack on Collingwood on the eve of the 1990 grand final. He said he couldn't watch the 1984 preliminary final without laughing hysterically...he who laughs last...

Last edited by regan is true fullback on Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 8:31 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
Chess and Rudey, I think you two need a lesson in what a real Collingwood hater looks like:

Exhibit one: Jack Dyer - when Richmond were cock of the walk, Jack's contempt for Collingwood knew no bounds, it was made worse when Collingwood snared Richmond's premiership coach, Tom Hafey. Notable achievement - using those little "you want it when" guys - the ones falling about laughing, with the logo "Collingwood for premiers" as his masthead.

Exhibit 2 Jim Main - the Inside Football guy rubbished every Collingwood finals team ever, including this gem from 1981: "The Collingwood team is too small, too slow to win the flag". Notable achievement - personal attack on Joffa after 2003 grand final loss.

Exhibit 3 Mathew Stevic: the legendary umpire umpired grand finals during Hawthorn's golden run, also helpful with Collingwood v Hawthorn games during the past 6 years - wins to Collingwood - one...habit of taking the ball off Cloke when he marked in the goal square.

Exhibit 4 Brian Hansen: The Truth football editor later wrote the Collingwood history, I guess money talks...quote when talking about Barassi v Neil Mann: "It was Attila the Hun versus Mr Magoo." Notable achievement - leaving full forward spot in Truth's team of the year vacant, rather than award it to Magpie champion Phil Carman.

Exhibit 5 Bill Jacobs - ill disguised contempt for Collingwood culminated in Team of the Century blackballing best fullback, Jack Regan and coach Jock Mchale

Ritf, I know you are a passionate Magpie supporter mate, as are some others with a seeming obsessive dislike of Buckley. As I've already said, I respect the opinions of those who thought we should have changed our coach. There are many sound reasons and a lot of evidence which would have supported such a move, even though I would have been against it. However, all I'm saying now is, just as I would have got behind a new coach if we'd replaced Bucks, I reckon the right thing to do for ALL true Collingwood supporters, is now to get behind Bucks and the team. Maintain your personal skepticism by all means, and be ready to plunge the knife in, if you must, if he turns out to be unsuccessful next year. But seriously, now that a decision has been made, it is time now for ALL the Magpie Army, to rally behind our coach and our team as they soon begin preparations for season 2018. Regardless of one's past opinions, this is the honourable thing to do. To do otherwise, risks becoming an enemy of our club, and I don't want to see you in that category mate.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:18 pm

I hate Carlton / i have been to famous finals games CFC lost and it still burns me .

i am one of the richest people in the world because i have a wonderful wife kids and grandkids.

RE the comment about IQ .

I did not do well at school however in my 70th year i am retired and i worked hard for every penny i made without breaking anyone / ask anyone who knows me.

i started a business it was never a big one BUT i had to make sure that for its size it did OK as I never got a $ from rich parents or the dole .

All i know is that the longer you wait to change the harder it is to change and the longer it MAY take to achieve what you want from it

i am not sarcastic i believe in reality .

I am NOT a Buckley hater i respect him, to me he is a hero and more importantly he played well for the COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB and only a select few have like HIM have walked over the white line to play for MY FOOTBALL TEAM .

From 1953 to the day i die my team is COLLINGWOOD

i hate stagnation .
i hate sitting back

MY preference is DO IT and it really hurts me to have been part of the last few years and amongst many concerns / why have a champion player coaching a line he never played in or am i stupid / some of you may think so .

NOT ENOUGH CHANGE IS NOT ENOUGH

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:18 pm

I hate Carlton / i have been to famous finals games CFC lost and it still burns me .

i am one of the richest people in the world because i have a wonderful wife kids and grandkids.

I did not do well at school however in my 70th year i am retired and i worked hard for every penny i made without breaking anyone / ask anyone who knows me.

i started a business it was never a big one BUT i had to make sure that for its size it did OK as I never got a $ from rich parents or the dole .

All i know is that the longer you wait to change the harder it is to change and the longer it MAY take to achieve what you want from it

I am NOT a Buckley hater i respect him, to me he is a hero and more importantly he played well for the COLLINGWOOD FOOTBALL CLUB and only a select few have like HIM have walked over the white line to play for MY FOOTBALL TEAM .

i hate stagnation .
i hate sitting back

MY preference is DO IT and it really hurts me to have been part of the last few years and amongst many concerns / why have a champion player coaching a line he never played in or am i stupid / some of you may think so .

sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 9:19 pm

i hate stagnation .
i hate sitting back

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 11:03 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
regan is true fullback wrote:
Rudeboy wrote:
Quote:
Half of posters on Nicks Bulletin Board are finally exposed as closet Carlton supporters.

Llook this really has to stop. for the last time, nobody hates Collingwood. maybe some people hate Buckley and Eddie, but that's football politics.

I don't want to get into the Buckley situation, but give us some slack!

Do the names Ern Clarke, Tom Sherrin and Ranald MacDonald mean nothing to you? They are 3 of the worst presidents in our history. Tuddenham hated Sherrin, more than the Chappels hated Bradman.

What good did blind loyalty get them? 3 missed by that much grand finals and a wooden spoon.

You don't get anywhere by wishing upon a star and hoping that it will be different this time around. Maybe it will maybe it won't. But to denigrate people who have seen the nightmare over and over and have the hide to complain, well where does that get anybody?

Do you really want an all hell breaks loose scenario, like 1982 or 1950? I certainly don't.

No, this obsessive anti-Buckley nonsense has got to stop. You've had your grizzle, but he's been reappointed for another 2 years. Soime people here need to get over it. It's time to get behind Bucks and the team. If the players didn't want the coach I'd be the first one arguing to get rid of him, but that's not the case. They clearly support him, and therefore true supporters should support him too. Lift your game fellas or (without even realising it) you will morph into anti-Collingwood people. That would be sad, because I know that some of you mean well.

Agree with all of that except the last sentence.

Harrysz 

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:53 am

Regan is the true fullback left something out:-
Exhibit seven. Caroline Wilson.

Plenty of Nicksters and media people advanced reasons for Buckley's contract not being renewed. But then, almost universally, media people supported the retention of Buckley. This included Caro, Robbo and Gerard Whately. I'm not sure that any of them advanced sound logical reasons for Buckley being retained, after six years of failure. The biggest joke of all was Eddie saying "The easiest thing to do would have been to sack the coach." This was Eddie's spin at its best. Actually, the easiest thing to do was to RETAIN the coach. Sacking the coach would have been much harder with the choice for replacement being picked to pieces.

Although SEM speaks the truth and I agree with him, of course I'll continue to support the club and hope that SEM and I are both wrong.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:50 pm

In view of my writings here why is Mayne getting so much attention in another TOPIC when that event is NOTHING compared to what i am trying to get over to the readers here .

I have never met Mayne but i am sure he tried his best and if he stays he will try ..

BUT his issue is just a minute part of the problem .
We are lucky in Australia that we are allowed to express our vies and yes if some here want MAYNE to be a continuous topic / then i do not understand the entire issue of THE CFC PAST FEW YEARS AND THE NEXT 2.

WHAT ???? is going on at CFC?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2
Page 2 of 2   

Jump to: