Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

A positive thread.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 12:43 am
Post subject: Re: A positive thread.Reply with quote

Morrigu wrote:
Skids wrote:
Tell me why you're happy?!?!

Well I'm happy that your grand rugrat is ok and home and obviously much loved!

But I am very very VERY happy that I only have to work for another week until I am away to Singapore for the F1 and to Vietnam to visit our sponsor bears and their mates at the Animals Asia sanctuary with my sort of hubby to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our sort of marriage Razz

A nice post Morrigu. Smile Aria is gorgeous Very Happy

I just got made redundant today, thought I'd come on to Nicks for a cheer up, thankyou Cool

Tannin Capricorn

Can't remember

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 1:57 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Question 1: The $2 coin is the most disappointing currency Australia has produced. No it isn't. Best coin of the lot. When are we finally getting $5 and $10 coins for the love of Mike?

Question 2: Name the product whose advertising campaign won advertisement of the year in the mid 70s and then disappeared without a trace? Claytons.

Question 3: When we switched over to Decimal Currency, who was the character who led the campaign, and who portrayed him? No clue. We didn't have TV in February 1966. But "C Day" as it was called (decimal currency day) also happened to be my first day at school in Victoria. And a bloody rip-off. My pocket money allowance was threepence a week, which was slashed to 2c a week. Not fair!

Question 4: When the Pretenders won Countdown's number one hit of the week, Molly refused to play it, showing a clip from a movie instead. What was that movie? Who cares?

Question 5: When the Coalition had it's second landslide win in 1977, who was the only member of the Government to lose his seat outright? Crikey, now you are pushing memory hard. If you can remember the 70s, you weren't there.

Question 6: Who was the star of the Magic Boomerang and the Terrible 10 who later became the CEO of Westpac Bank? Never heard of any of them. Well, possibly the bank.

Question 7: What did Steven Fry tell us about the Eye of the Needle? Nope.

Question 8: On the D-generation, what song did ex premier Joan Kirner sing? As if.

question 9: On his comeback show in 1986, Graham Bond refused to play Auntie Jack. Who played that old bat? Reg Livermore? (Wild guess.)

Question 10: Who was the first bloke to show his bare butt on Number 96? See ans to Question 3.

Question 11: Who is the grand old man of Australian Advertising? John Singleton.

Question 12: Name the chocolates flogged by Uncle Doug Elliot? Tosca, Tosca, Tosca! Or was that the luggage?

Bucks5 Capricorn

Nicky D - Parting the red sea

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 7:50 am

Q8 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGyD2hn7d3Y
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 10:22 am
Post subject: Re: A positive thread.Reply with quote

Skids wrote:
Morrigu wrote:
Skids wrote:
Tell me why you're happy?!?!

Well I'm happy that your grand rugrat is ok and home and obviously much loved!

But I am very very VERY happy that I only have to work for another week until I am away to Singapore for the F1 and to Vietnam to visit our sponsor bears and their mates at the Animals Asia sanctuary with my sort of hubby to celebrate the 20th anniversary of our sort of marriage Razz

A nice post Morrigu. Smile Aria is gorgeous Very Happy

I just got made redundant today, thought I'd come on to Nicks for a cheer up, thankyou Cool

End of FIFO for a while? Cause for celebrating a nice payout and back to a normal life or commiserating the loss of a nice earner?

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 02, 2017 9:37 pm

Not sure yet Stui.

Crazy decision by the board. The catering contract was given to the global colossus Sodexo and they're taking on all the site maintenance too.
I've been advised to apply for the position with them, which I have.
Depends on the offer and most importantly, the roster. I would only do even time, so that may ve the deal breaker.

It's funny how the bean counters make these decisions. The sites infrastructure is getting to that age (6 years +) where things are getting tired. A greeny with minimal experience will be baffled thrown in to the site.

My redundncy is ok, i finish November 1 and don't care if I don't work again this year 😎

$140k+ jobs, for plumbers on 8/6 roster are as rare as rocking horse shit these days. Having said that, the miners seem to be slowly ramping up again lately and I have many contacts.

Lifes good. Got to hold Aria for ages at home today and lots of family and friends are heading down to support Swans tomorrow. They're saying 6k there but I think it'll be closer to 10k, which would be great for the comp.

The nephews been named in the 2's for their elimination final and it's going to be a great occasion for the kid, Basso will be pumping for the 2nd half as the crowd builds for the big one.... I can't wait!

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 7:02 am

Well done to the nephew, hope they win xxx
I'll try and post the new Aria pic later xxxx

Speaking of finals, juniors a grade netball team, Melton Centrals, finished 5th this season, haven't beaten anyone above them all year, been close, but they scraped into the finals, we didn't expect to get past week one! Last week while we were away, in pouring rain, they drew, and then won in overtime. Yesterday in freezing Romsey we played the top of the ladder undefeated team, they suffered their first shocking lost last week to the number two team, and in an incredible game we sent them packing in straight sets! Prelim on Sunday in Sunbury, no expectations, they have already surpassed them! Great stuff! I'll be thinking positive!

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 11:56 am

The 2's got up by 4 points Very Happy The young fella had an average game and may struggle to hold his spot.

The League won by 16 points in a cracker of a game.

All 3 grades are now in the 1st semi finals next week at Fremantle Oval.

The top 5 format for finals is definitely the fairest and best way of deciding the premiership.

Great effort in the netball!!!

Dark Beanie Gemini

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 3:16 pm

Another one to add to the Nicks winners list.

Sons U19s team won on Saturday.
DeLa vs St Kevs games always close and the boys got up by 5 points, straight thru to the grand final. Tense last qtr for both teams as it went for 32 minutes! Boys on both sides were cramping up by the end. Was the usual competitiveness on the field but good to see them get together after the game, as quite a few of them played juniors together. At one stage the 20 year old was playing on the next door neighbor - a couple of years ago they were playing finals together at the local junior club.

Well done to everyone else and good luck next weekend.

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 8:47 pm

Great stuff!

We should, hopefully, manage to snag a flag or 2 amongst us hey Smile

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 10:07 am

They posted the crowd as just under 6000.... I thought there was heaps more and just found out there was! The lines were so long when the lesgue game had already strated, they just threw the gates open!

Corey Gault with 28 possessions and 31 hit outs was instrumental in the home sides vicrory Smile

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:10 pm

Sorry skids I've been flat out. And just tried to upload the pic and tumblr is done! I'll try again after the block! Cheers
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:06 pm

Dark Beanie wrote:
Another one to add to the Nicks winners list.

Sons U19s team won on Saturday.
DeLa vs St Kevs games always close and the boys got up by 5 points, straight thru to the grand final. Tense last qtr for both teams as it went for 32 minutes! Boys on both sides were cramping up by the end. Was the usual competitiveness on the field but good to see them get together after the game, as quite a few of them played juniors together. At one stage the 20 year old was playing on the next door neighbor - a couple of years ago they were playing finals together at the local junior club.

Well done to everyone else and good luck next weekend.

Good luck mate, gees when did your kids get to that age!! goes so fast! cheers

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:07 pm

Skids wrote:
They posted the crowd as just under 6000.... I thought there was heaps more and just found out there was! The lines were so long when the lesgue game had already strated, they just threw the gates open!

Corey Gault with 28 possessions and 31 hit outs was instrumental in the home sides vicrory Smile

soooooo is your nephew playing alongside Gault????

Skids Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 9:43 am

No he's in the 2's.

Gault has had a cracking year at Swans. Could win the Swan Medal (October 6th).

Last edited by Skids on Sat Oct 07, 2017 5:47 pm; edited 2 times in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Sep 09, 2017 10:24 am

That would be great to hear, cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
Page 2 of 4   

Jump to: