Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The better coach - Buckley or Cameron

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:36 pm
Post subject: The better coach - Buckley or CameronReply with quote

Watching the game tonight, it got me thinking as to who is the better coach between Bucks and Cameron.

There is no doubt that Cameron has better personnel but it seems to me that Bucks gets better commitment from players.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 11:51 pm
Post subject: Re: The better coach - Buckley or CameronReply with quote

The Giants are a team of champions, but NOT a champion team. And yes, I think Bucks does have the players playing for him, not sure about Leon though. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:32 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

I'll take Buckley the coach over Cameron the coach, but I'll take the entire recruiting team at GWS over the clowns in charge of recruiting at Collingwood since Malthouse left.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:59 am

thebaldfacts wrote:
Watching the game tonight, it got me thinking as to who is the better coach between Bucks and Cameron.

There is no doubt that Cameron has better personnel but it seems to me that Bucks gets better commitment from players.

No question on the commitment issue. I thought GWS would be the team to beat this year but they don't put in the effort. The big example last night was when Jenkins tackled a GWS player and brought him to ground at half back. The Crows then moved the ball forward quite quickly and Jenkins kicked an easy over the top goal from just outside the goal square. He had just sprinted 3/4 the length of the ground without even one GWS player bothering to chase him. It's hard to be a coach when the players don't care.
5 from the wing on debut 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:02 am

Piesnchess wrote:
thebaldfacts wrote:

The Giants are a team of champions, but NOT a champion team. And yes, I think Bucks does have the players playing for him, not sure about Leon though. Surprised

Didn't Leon leave because he wanted to play for MM not Buckley?

PS. On this board there is only one Leon, and it isn't Cameron!
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 10:59 am

The giants dont hunt at the contest and really lack the mongrel of finals footy. The Crows were all over them and looked heaps fitter. Mumford looked slow Jacobs killed him

www.facebook/the hybernators
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:39 pm

Giants are gone. Port will roll them next week.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:35 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I'll take Buckley the coach over Cameron the coach, but I'll take the entire recruiting team at GWS over the clowns in charge of recruiting at Collingwood since Malthouse left.

I think that's a bit harsh and over the top BFC!!! The Giants have had "100" first rounders all supplied by the AFL hierarchy.Even I could do this job when you get to pick the cream of the crop ,unhindered.It's a bit different when you're left with the dregs.
Pebbles Rocks 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:14 pm

If you had any understanding of what recruits the GWS had access (not just through the draft) you would reconsider that statement.
The GWS got far better access than even the Gold Coast.

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:37 pm

Chad Wingard, Ollie Wines & Brodie Grundy say "Hi!"

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 3:52 pm

In my mind both Buckley and Cameron have proven to be average coaches to date and with that you get greater levels of under performance.

For us that means missing the 8 with a group that should be playing finals, for them it means not making a grand final.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:19 pm

I've thought all year that Cameron would get the arse when the Giants fail in the finals...again.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:47 pm

You fail to understand the advantages that GWS have been given in the recruiting stakes by having an open cheque and a vast number of extra 1st and 2nd round draft picks over the years. An average recruiter could have achieved as good or a better results based on the unpredictability of player development.

The effect of injury on Freeman, DeGoey, Scharenberg and Elliott are major factors and I would suggest that if they had remained injury free we would be a much better team with better results.

Also, how many first and second round GWS picks have failed or have now ended up at other clubs due to lack or development and/or injury.

35forever 

"I feel sick - dada dada dada da"

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 4:59 pm

Give me a bloody break!
Cameron Daddo would be a better coach! He is making Shaw's record look brilliant! Go LOOK at the team Shaw inherited! Now compare to getting the reigning double minor premiers! And managing to get them right out of the finals in just his third season! NO ONE predicted that! Even I wrote that it would take him 4 years! But he beat expectations.

This has been the most traitorous, disastrous, idiotic clusterf*ck in the history of the game! Carlton & Essendon fans (including that lousy lying Mongrel McGuire) are dead set PISSING themselves!
I'd suggest Eddie go be President of Carlton, but he's doing more for them here than they could've dreamed. He MUST be getting paid by Carlton, coz he has destroyed Collingwood for years to come. Maybe decades!

There is NO way you can call the blond tosser a coach! All these asshole commentators from other teams, sold Buckley like he was Jock himself, and we FELL for it!

I keep hearing this RAP about how he's improved! I heard the same last year! AND the year before! How many of you said "Well, I reckon he probably deserves just 1 more year" FOR FIVE YEARS!?
So TELL me you geniuses, HOW has he improved? HOW do you explain notching up the first ever handing over of a 50 point lead in the 3rd? HOW do you think the players are behind him? Because they say it in interviews???
Yeah, sure, they're gonna say exactly what they think!!! From First to 13th in just 5 years, with the list he's got is a bloody Miracle, and the numbers can't be Mae to say ANYTHING except that he is the worst we've ever had! By miles & miles!! Go read the gamely threads! He hasn’t changed a DAMN thing!

He won't change next year either! It'll be 5 goal leads in the first or second followed by a change in the strategy of the oppo coach, followed by us folding like a 7th dan Origami black belt because we don't have a coach, just a clown bashing telephones in the box!!!! Sometimes the sheer guts of our boys will get us back in it, mostly it won't.

Next year it'll be 15th/17th followed by me committing murder.

NOW ask yourself this ONE question...

If Buckley had been dumped last week, which club would have snapped him up as their Senior coach?

Come on, you know the answer...

-me, 2010
"The pies are going to the big dance!"-P.Daicos 2010
Visit My Website!
simon tonna 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 5:05 pm

Watched live the giants v cats not so long ago, it ended in a draw. Both teams have there up side and down like any team. Giants have individual talent but lack mongrel. Pattan should be ashamed of himself. Cameron is harder to find out there than our own Blair. It really shows how cloke was our MIP we had during the MM years.
Geelong have skills and are well drilled, they know each other better than most teams out there in the middle. But they lack pace and are two reliant on to few. Tigers to win. Both giants and cats out in straight sets.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3   

Jump to: