Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Options for Mayne

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 2:01 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
E wrote:
what is the TPP for 2018? I am trying to figure out whether $500k is a lot of money in the grand scheme of things. How highly paid is he? Is he in the top 10? top 20? I just dont have a sense. i know that players are commanding $1.5 million these days. Is $500k the disaster that all you folks are saying that it is?

We don't know how the contract is actually structured in terms of how the ~$2m is distributed across the years ... the 4 x $500K bandied about in the press could well be bulltish.

The TPP for 2018 is $12.594m plus ASA and a few other things and adjustments and rises to $13.013m in 2020.

Yep, there's not much point talking about salaries. For all we know we may have been well under the cap and required to add extra salary for the next season. We really can't say if it's a bad contract or not.

On whether Buckley wanted Mayne, I'm fairly sure he did. He clearly wanted a player like Mayne as he'd been complaining about our lack of defensive pressure for a long time. The signing wasn't a surprise, the lack of games was.

The signing wasn't a surprise, the salary and contract length was.
sem Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:02 pm

OVER 7000 views about a player .

Is that the biggest issue facing CFC today .

As i just now said in another topic / we are lucky we have free speech in AUSTRALIA.

BUT i do not understand why there are not 50,000 views on CFC and its recent history and the next 2 years .

DID Mayne FORCE " at Gunpoint " the CFC to employ him as a footballer .

GET REAL LOOK at the real problem / and CFC are having reviews ???

I have been a CFC supporter since 1953 and i still am and i have seen more matches then most of you and i will support CFC as they put me in the ground

SO do we need another 7000 views on Mayne or 7000 views on Whats going on at CFC .

if you want a player mentioned i will mention one .

WHERE has the recently moved on assistant coach gone named SCOTT BURNS / answer HAWTHORN / gees is that a backward move for SCOTT / so i do not think so
SO lets all continue to discuss MAYNE /// ggeeees // he is highly respected and he will be a senior coach /but not good enough for COLLINGWOOD or some must think that .

Lazza 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 4:48 pm

Cam wrote:
Hear Hear. Disagreements should be just that. We don't need anyone going anywhere.

Totally agree with you.

I disagreed that his posts indicated that he was a Collingwood supporter. It was just that. That he decided to spit the dummy and leave has nothing to do with me, that's a choice he made.... Rolling Eyes

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:36 pm

Lazza wrote:
Cam wrote:
Hear Hear. Disagreements should be just that. We don't need anyone going anywhere.

Totally agree with you.

I disagreed that his posts indicated that he was a Collingwood supporter. It was just that. That he decided to spit the dummy and leave has nothing to do with me, that's a choice he made.... Rolling Eyes

Most of us don't know each other personally; only via our interactions with each other here and our avatars. I actually do know CC personally and he's a great bloke and bleeds black n white. He's not a Bucks fan and I am. The point is; just like our players, none of us know what is going on for us personally as people. I hope he'll be back and contributing to this great Collingwood forum one day.

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:03 pm

From what I can see, Chris Mayne/we have 4 potential options:

a) pulls his head out of his ar$e and start earning a spot in the team by playing quality afl standard football which is what we recruited him for.

b) if not 'a' then: accept that he's not good enough to play afl and retire.

c) we cut our losses, delist him and move on.

or

d) trade him somewhere. anywhere and agree to pay half his salary to whoever picks him up.

If grubby was the one who jumped the gun on this trade and negotiated the 4 yr deal at 500k a season then he shouldn't be allowed back to the club - ever. We got shafted big time here and heads should roll.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 8:33 pm

Can't be bothered reading previous 10 pages so forgive me if this has already been mentioned but what are people's thoughts on swapping Mayne for Vickery. Yes I know it's a punch in the nose v a kick in the nuts.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:30 pm

My view on Mayne: put in a big preseason and make sure you are in the 22 for round 1. Prove your doubters wrong. Show us all and the coach that you are an AFL player.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:36 pm

He's too slow and no amount of pre-season training is going to make him any faster. Sadly, for him, and for us, he's finished as an AFL player.
ROB 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 9:45 pm

sem wrote:

WHERE has the recently moved on assistant coach gone named SCOTT BURNS / answer HAWTHORN / gees is that a backward move for SCOTT / so i do not think so
he is highly respected and he will be a senior coach /but not good enough for COLLINGWOOD or some must think that .

I think Burns to Hawthorn means a number of things - he will gain some valuable insight under a premiership coach; he may be considered part of a succession plan at Hawthorn; the CFC board may be thinking him a viable option at end of Buckleys 2 year tenure if things go to custard, particularly noting he would have 2 years under a premiership coach also; or Burns is just no good - if he was, wouldn't he have been snapped up by now for the senior positions he has applied.

makri Capricorn

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 11:53 pm

The Weed wrote:
Can't be bothered reading previous 10 pages so forgive me if this has already been mentioned but what are people's thoughts on swapping Mayne for Vickery. Yes I know it's a punch in the nose v a kick in the nuts.

As Mayne would need to agree to a trade I can't see him going anywhere unless he gets what he is getting at Collingwood, or unless Collingwood make up the difference. Why should he, he's 28/29 getting $500k a year to play ressies for the next three years. Good luck to him.

E 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:54 am

did you all see the new article where Pendlebury makes the following popints:

1. Mayne is going to work his butt off to get back into the team and he has full confidence.

2. No one ever suggested that Nathan denied being involved in the decision to recruit him.

Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am

DP

Last edited by Lazza on Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:50 am; edited 2 times in total
Lazza 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:46 am

Damien wrote:
Most of us don't know each other personally; only via our interactions with each other here and our avatars. I actually do know CC personally and he's a great bloke and bleeds black n white. He's not a Bucks fan and I am. The point is; just like our players, none of us know what is going on for us personally as people. I hope he'll be back and contributing to this great Collingwood forum one day.

Great post Damien. However the choice to leave was his, I didn't ask him to do that. Just that constant criticisms of the club by him and many other posters give me the shits. But that is MY problem, not his. All I did was communicate to him that he was one of such posters. He is welcome back any time. It was nothing personal, just a standard garden variety disagreement that happens all the time here, that's all.

magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:07 pm

Is Maynes contract performance based?

Does he need to fullfill a certain criteria BEFORE he gets paid this amount?

Is it front ended?

Does he have to play a certain amount of games to get his $500 k per year?

Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:41 pm

Lazza wrote:
Damien wrote:

Great post Damien. However the choice to leave was his, I didn't ask him to do that. Just that constant criticisms of the club by him and many other posters give me the shits. But that is MY problem, not his. All I did was communicate to him that he was one of such posters. He is welcome back any time. It was nothing personal, just a standard garden variety disagreement that happens all the time here, that's all.

Agree with all that mate. Everyone reacts differently. Life's too short to worry about tifs in the real world, let alone the virtual one.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11, 12  Next
Page 10 of 12   

Jump to: