Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SEN talks of Stewart Crameri a pick up for us

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:17 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

AN_Inkling wrote:
If we were trading for lynch and being completely dispassionate about it. This would be my deal:

pick 6
Pendlebury
2018 pick 2

Wouldn't happen but has the least impact on our flag prospects. Sidebottom could be a chance over Pendles but he is younger and would likely have less value to the Suns.

The key to a good deal for Lynch would be to give up only one player and one first round pick.

We are required to make at least 2 first round picks in any 4 year period.

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:19 pm

That rule doesn't kick in until the 2019 exchange period.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/more-news/every-afl-club-can-trade-its-future-firstround-pick-with-stricter-rules-to-take-effect-in-2019/news-story/62ac5fa26bb74712ec0a6e84e2e92888

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:34 pm

Can't access that link MB, but the rule came in in 2015 so 2019 makes sense no? You look back 4 years from 2019. Come 2019 we would have to have made 2 first round picks in the previous 4 years or we would be in breach no? That means planning now.

I'm flying blind without seeing that article, but that's my guess.

Can you confirm?

Edit - seems to be confirmed by this subsequent clarification by the AFL: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2016-08-12/the-futurepick-puzzle

MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:49 pm

Quote:
Every AFL club can trade its future first-round pick with stricter rules to take effect in 2019

SAM LANDSBERGER, Herald Sun
April 16, 2017 8:00pm
Subscriber only

EVERY AFL club is free to trade its future first-round pick in this year’s exchange period.

The Herald Sun has clarified future-pick trading rules and the league has for the first time released its formal guideline document.

It had been widely believed that every club must use two first-round draft picks in every rolling four-year cycle.

But the rule addresses trading a future first-round selection only when a club has used fewer than two first-round picks in the past four drafts.

BLOCKBUSTER DEAL: AFL ADMITS TO JAEGER TRADE BLUNDER

Even then, clubs can apply to the AFL for an exemption.

And according to the October 2015 document, Determination for the trading of future draft selections, the first four-year block will not come into effect until the 2019 exchange period.

The delayed introduction of future trading rules was so as not to prejudice clubs’ existing long-term list strategies.

Exemptions will be determined based on the age of players brought in through trades and what draft picks the club has used.
The Cats traded two first-round draft picks for Patrick Dangerfield. Picture: Getty Images

The future-pick document also demands that club boards authorise the trading of a future first-round selection before the trade period.

Geelong does not have a first-round pick this year, after trading it last year for Carlton’s Zach Tuohy, and last used one in 2014, drafting Nakia Cockatoo at No.10.

But the Cats are allowed to go another two years without using one.

They would also have a strong case for further leeway, after recruiting Patrick Dangerfield and using an early second-round pick last year.
Odds_Banners_AFL.jpg

It was reported last October that the Cats had to acquire an additional first-round selection this year or next year to comply with AFL rules.

The Herald Sun this month made repeated attempts to confirm this with the AFL and, after discussions, believed that was the case.

But the Cats then contacted integrity officer Ken Wood, who confirmed the relaxed rules.

After requests from the Herald Sun last week, the AFL handed over the rules, which were signed off by legal counsel Andrew Dillon.
Geelong also traded a first-round pick for Zach Tuohy. Picture: AAP

The document has never previously been made public.

Under what had been the prevailing understanding, the Cats would have had to trade in an extra first-round pick this year or next, after they traded their 2017 first-round pick for Tuohy last year.

Cats list manager Stephen Wells admitted last October he did not believe Geelong could offload a third consecutive first-round pick to land Tuohy.

“I must admit there was a perception we couldn’t do it here myself,” he said.

“But we did check with the AFL.”

The rules reveal the league is not opposed to clubs trading a string of early selections, as long as they act responsibly.

Hawthorn’s golden era was built on shrewd deals.

From 2009 to 2014, the Hawks used just one first-round pick — taking Isaac Smith in 2010 — as they traded for proven players.

Clubs are always free to trade draft picks in the current year.

For future reference, copy and paste the link into Google, then open the result in a private browser. Works every time.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:57 pm

Cheers MB. The subsequent article I referred to makes clear with specific reference to the Pies that we are somewhat limited this year and next as regard trading first round picks. Essentially, we would have to satisfy the AFL that we had a reasonable basis to believe we could trade a first rounder back in for each one we trade out this year and next.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 10:35 pm

Looks like Colingwoods recruiting strategy hasn't changed. Crameri 29 and hasn't played for 2 years. The Dogs are weighing up weather they keep Cloke or Crameri. Maybe if they decide to get rid of Cloke instead we could.....oh, no, guess not. Sounds like a 'mix up'
Albert Parker 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:33 pm

Spoke to a Dogs player I know on Friday night. If they can't secure a trade, Crameri is to be delisted is his understanding.
Wouldn't need to offer much to get him and nor would you have to pay him much. Not the worst trade in the world.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 03, 2017 10:37 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Looks like Colingwoods recruiting strategy hasn't changed. Crameri 29 and hasn't played for 2 years. The Dogs are weighing up weather they keep Cloke or Crameri. Maybe if they decide to get rid of Cloke instead we could.....oh, no, guess not. Sounds like a 'mix up'

Yeah because the media have the inside dope on everything ... rollseyes.gif
WhyPhilWhy? 

WhyPhilWhy?

PostPosted: Mon Sep 04, 2017 1:26 pm

If we gave the Dogs back what they gave us for Cloke, I can't see we would be any worse off.
Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 4:45 pm

Stewart Crameri X

Jake Stringer

Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 7:33 pm

The Stringer thing might have a connection to that story earlier this year involving Johannisen

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4623978/Jake-Stringer-slams-rumours-ex-friend-dating.html

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 8:11 pm

Presti35 wrote:
Stewart Crameri X

Jake Stringer

Our forward line would look so much better with Jake Stringer in it.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:09 pm

McClure also says that out-of-contract Bulldogs forward Stewart Crameri will sign a new contract with the club should Jake Stringer be traded.

If Channel Seven’s Mark Stevens’ report that Geelong is the primary suitor for Stringer is true, McClure considers it confirmation that Steven Motlop will be on his way out of the club at season’s end to create additional salary cap room.

https://www.sen.com.au/news/2017/09/08/more-change-underway-at-the-dogs/

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:15 pm

That is a hypothetical question.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:17 pm

Why is friggin Geelong Stringers' preffered club? Why can't it be us?
Sick of those prucks!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 4 of 5   

Jump to: