Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SEN talks of Stewart Crameri a pick up for us

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:41 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a rumour at this stage so it may not eventuate into anything in the end. Although, I'd be interested to know why Beveridge doesn't rate him.

On a somewhat unrelated topic, I think the club should look at Tom Lynch from the Gold Coast. He'd be massive acquisition for us and he becomes a restricted free agent next year, so would the Suns be willing to trade him now rather than risk losing him for very little if he decides to call it quits at the end of next season?

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 5:55 pm

Jezza wrote:

On a somewhat unrelated topic, I think the club should look at Tom Lynch from the Gold Coast. He'd be massive acquisition for us and he becomes a restricted free agent next year, so would the Suns be willing to trade him now rather than risk losing him for very little if he decides to call it quits at the end of next season?

This.

Invigoration 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 6:03 pm

We need a crumber not another marking/lead up mid size type
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 9:47 pm

Invigoration wrote:

We're lucky then because Brown, Daicos and Kirby can all crumb (and according to Buckley Broomhead can crumb as well).
Invigoration 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:44 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Invigoration wrote:

We're lucky then because Brown, Daicos and Kirby can all crumb (and according to Buckley Broomhead can crumb as well).

Yeah I'm optimistic that Daicos or Kirby can fill the role. I personally don't think Cal has the attributes for it though.

Broomhead reads the ball particularly well at stoppages and off packs, so I see where he is coming from.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:32 am

Bleedblackanwhite wrote:
Jezza wrote:

This.

if this was even remotely true i would be doing cartwheels. Tom Lynch is EXACTLY the guy that takes us from good to premiership caliber. Perfect foil for Moore and much better than getting another ruck type forward like 2 meter peter.

sadly, he is co-captain, the most sought after guy on their team, and probably the best player they have. odds of this happening - not very!

But boy, its nice to dream.

Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:37 am

Tom Lynch for Pick 6, straight swap now.
Do it in a heart beat. He's top 3 in the league for full forwards EASILY.
Can kick straight too.
But he's their captain, so soul dbe a tough ask.

E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 1:40 am

Raw Hammer wrote:
Can kick straight too.

Nice thought, but no chance. It would need to be pick 6 and three reasonable young prospects.

Imagine if you could get a 24 yo Tom Lynch with pick 6! As a recruiter you would wet yourself. I think an 18yo version of Tom Lynch who only had a 10% chance of becoming as good as the 24 yo Tom Lynch would be a steal at pick 6!!!!!

AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 8:55 am

Lynch would cost more than Treloar. Would be just about the most sought after big man in the comp if he was leaving.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:36 am

Fine then. Pick 6 and next year's first round pick and a player.

Maybe Pick 6 and ... Sidebottom?

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 9:50 am

Sidebottom AND Langdon and pick 6 for Lynch.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 11:53 am

Tom Lynch is currently contracted but believe it he may be getable after next season.
There's been rumours up here most of the year he's a very unhappy & frustrated footballer.
A lot will depend on who the Suns appoint as coach and how he sees there chances of playing finals
The Suns have tried to pacify him in recent months but guarantee he's waiting on making a decision until he sees who's the coach and what the team looks like.
At this point he's not available but if they have another season like this one and he isn't big on the new coach he may well be heading south for 2019 onwards.
The Suns won't trade him this year under any circumstances I could imagine but hell they are such a screw up they might consider it with Ablett leaving they might go for a complete list turnover there silly enough that's for sure
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:12 pm

E wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
Can kick straight too.

Nice thought, but no chance. It would need to be pick 6 and three reasonable young prospects.

Imagine if you could get a 24 yo Tom Lynch with pick 6! As a recruiter you would wet yourself. I think an 18yo version of Tom Lynch who only had a 10% chance of becoming as good as the 24 yo Tom Lynch would be a steal at pick 6!!!!!

Then how about pick 6,Broomhead ,Josh Smith and Blair as the steak Knives!!!That way we get a KPP and get rid of a sack of spuds as well.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 12:16 pm

Invigoration wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Invigoration wrote:

Yeah I'm optimistic that Daicos or Kirby can fill the role. I personally don't think Cal has the attributes for it though.

Broomhead reads the ball particularly well at stoppages and off packs, so I see where he is coming from.

Broomhead reads the ball "Particularly well off packs"??? You'd imagine if this was the case he would have a swag of goals and 25>30 possessions a game. I seriously hope he has a pink slip to where ever he wants to go.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 01, 2017 7:15 pm

If we were trading for lynch and being completely dispassionate about it. This would be my deal:

pick 6
Pendlebury
2018 pick 2

Wouldn't happen but has the least impact on our flag prospects. Sidebottom could be a chance over Pendles but he is younger and would likely have less value to the Suns.

The key to a good deal for Lynch would be to give up only one player and one first round pick.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 3 of 5   

Jump to: