Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

SEN talks of Stewart Crameri a pick up for us

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 3:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Raw Hammer wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:
He's not a 'tall' in the traditional sense.
He's a hulk of a man, more a big high half forward. Big kick, fast as they come. Smart around goal. Crashes packs and would take the load off Moore and co.
I like him.
If he has 3 years in his body, I'd offer him a deal.

Why then would the Bulldogs no longer want him?

That's the million dollar question.
Probdbly waitingvto see what else is out there.

Or perhaps they might give us back Cloke? Laughing
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 6:15 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Would only want him cheap and only if we cleared Mayne - if we are interested it look like that's what we'll be doing as they'd be playing a similar role.

If he's fit he'd be a decent option to take pressure off Moore. Would prefer someone younger but you can't control who's available and he is a free agent.

Someone in the Mayne thread said that Mayne is slow. Well, Crameri is slower than Mayne so I don't know why on earth we would want to take him.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:19 pm

I'd rather Calamari
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 7:32 pm

Don't want another Mayne Thank You
MagpieBat 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:03 pm

Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

I don't think Beveridge rates him for whatever reason. Remember he joined the Dogs the year before Beveridge became coach.

Beveridge has had issues with a very dysfunctional forward line which he hasn't been able to click in his time as coach with the Dogs despite winning the flag last year.

Eh, one of his best years came under Beveridge in 2015. But for the ban, he was best 22 for them. And he's missed pretty much all of 2017 with a bung hip.

Regardless, the only talk I've heard about Crameri prior to today was linking him to Melbourne to re-unite with Brendan McCartney. He was the reason he left Essendon to get to the Dogs in the first place...

Bleedblackanwhite 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 9:06 pm

No. Just no.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:11 pm

Jezza wrote:
Raw Hammer wrote:

I don't think Beveridge rates him for whatever reason. Remember he joined the Dogs the year before Beveridge became coach.

Beveridge has had issues with a very dysfunctional forward line which he hasn't been able to click in his time as coach with the Dogs despite winning the flag last year.

He doesn't fit their team all that well. As a type he's very similar to Stringer.

I'm expecting we're looking at a number of options for our forward line. Crameri would be one of the less exciting ones.

E 

PostPosted: Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:42 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
He's not a 'tall' in the traditional sense.
He's a hulk of a man, more a big high half forward. Big kick, fast as they come. Smart around goal. Crashes packs and would take the load off Moore and co.
I like him.
If he has 3 years in his body, I'd offer him a deal.

How about 4 years at $500k per year. What could go wrong, eh?

ROB 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 12:25 am

Mmmm, White, Mayne, Crameri - time to look at a different option - is Leroy Brown still fit?
ad4eva Pisces

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 10:59 am

I think there's more to this.

I'm hearing Fasolo will request a trade back to WA. I am not sure how credible that is but if its true, Crameri would make a little more sense.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 11:43 am

What'sinaname wrote:
I'd rather Calamari
Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Full pockets ,stuffed with prawns rice and poached in a herb infused tomato puree!! Eat enough of these and you could become as fat as Crameri!! Shocked
inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:07 pm

ad4eva wrote:
I think there's more to this.

I'm hearing Fasolo will request a trade back to WA. I am not sure how credible that is but if its true, Crameri would make a little more sense.

We can only dream!!

Presti35 Virgo

Dick Lee for Legend Status

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 2:31 pm

Stewart Crameri:

Games played (at any level) since September 2015: 2. X

Hip problem: Yes. X

Fits a need on our list: X

Who's spot does he take? How does he improve the team? It reminds me of being linked to players like Andrew Raines, nothing will come of it.

I dont think we should look at anyone over 27, unless its a bonafide superstar or a player that fills a desperate need on the list. Crameri is neither of those things.

There's also been talk that Travis Cloke might not be returning to the Bulldogs in 2018.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:32 pm

MagpieBat wrote:
Eh, one of his best years came under Beveridge in 2015. But for the ban, he was best 22 for them. And he's missed pretty much all of 2017 with a bung hip.

Regardless, the only talk I've heard about Crameri prior to today was linking him to Melbourne to re-unite with Brendan McCartney. He was the reason he left Essendon to get to the Dogs in the first place...

Good point. He was a solid player in 2015 and contributed to the Dogs unexpected rise to the finals that year, but he's been hindered by other circumstances since then and the worry would be whether he can re-adjust to the pace of the game adequately.

It makes me wonder though why he's seemingly fallen out of favour with the Dogs when their forward line has been dysfunctional for the past two years and they'd been crying out for a competent target down there.

I'd be happy to get him as long as we don't pay too much. He'd been an upgrade to Mayne and the ideal third tall that would be handy for our forward line, although as Presti35 noted, age is a small concern.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Aug 31, 2017 4:39 pm

Jezza wrote:
MagpieBat wrote:

Good point. He was a solid player in 2015 and contributed to the Dogs unexpected rise to the finals that year, but he's been hindered by other circumstances since then and the worry would be whether he can re-adjust to the pace of the game adequately.

It makes me wonder though why he's seemingly fallen out of favour with the Dogs when their forward line has been dysfunctional for the past two years and they'd been crying out for a competent target down there.

I'd be happy to get him as long as we don't pay too much. He'd been an upgrade to Mayne and the ideal third tall that would be handy for our forward line, although as Presti35 noted, age is a small concern.

Having put up with a broken down Cloke and then Mayne, I couldn't stomach another crock of a player on our forward line.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: