Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

The Nathan Buckley retention debate thread

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  

Nathan Buckley - did the club get it right?
Yes (the evidence supported a new contract)
18%
 18%  [ 21 ]
No (the evidence said he should have been sacked)
22%
 22%  [ 26 ]
Yes (results say otherwise, but I still think he's the man)
28%
 28%  [ 32 ]
No (results are the only thing that matters, he had to go)
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Yes (I will back him until the end of time)
0%
 0%  [ 1 ]
No (I will never back him, he is a terrible coach)
4%
 4%  [ 5 ]
Whatever the club thinks is best, I back and support
8%
 8%  [ 10 ]
Undecided/Other (please articulate, all views welcome!)
7%
 7%  [ 9 ]
Total Votes : 114

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Sep 11, 2017 6:37 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^ Like the piss and poo, the swannies are the envy of the whole comp, 16 times in a row, in the finals, I think it is now, truly a remarkable team, no other club comes within a bulls roar of them, they just keep on keeping on, and could well win another flag, if they get over cats and crows.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
scoobydoo 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 4:36 am

mabo wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
I just had a sneak peek at the Cats bigfooty thread, post their hiding from the tigers, and its all, SACK SCOTT, SCOTT IS SHT, SCOTT IS PATHEITIC, CANT COACH, USELESS TURD, MUST GO, GET RID OF THE BASTARD, HES LEADING US INTO OBLIVION, SACK HIM NOW, ETC ETC.

Jezz, it reminded me of over here, de ja vu all over, the same exact pissing and moaning and whingeing. LOL

Yep, totally deja vu:

Home and Away seasons

Chris Scott
Year W-D-L Finish
2011 18-0-3 2
2012 15-0-7 6
2013 18-0-4 2
2014 17-0-5 3
2015 11-2-9 10
2016 17-0-5 2
2017 15-1-1 2

Nathan Buckley
Year W-D-L Finish
2012 16-0-6 4
2013 14-0-8 6
2014 11-0-11 11
2015 10-0-12 12
2016 9-0-13 12
2017 9-1-12 13

Give us 6 home games at Victoria Park every year & we'll also play finals every year.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 7:55 am

Piesnchess wrote:
^ Like the piss and poo, the swannies are the envy of the whole comp, 16 times in a row, in the finals, I think it is now, truly a remarkable team, no other club comes within a bulls roar of them, they just keep on keeping on, and could well win another flag, if they get over cats and crows.

Still have an * against every win they get until they play under the same rules and pay levels as everyone else. Still a manufactured fake team.
Go Adelaide!

regan is true fullback 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 1:14 pm

Whatever the situation we have at collingwood, we don't want this:

Quote:
David Koch chews on his own boot - The Age
www.theage.com.au › AFL

Apparently Kochie is a Good Bloke paid out on his players, after a very bitter finals exit, a sort of mini 1970 GF. A very bad look for a president of an AFL club with trainer wheels.

Hats off to Eddie and co, who seem to keep all the dirty linen in house. They have circled the wagons on the Lumumba situation, the Malthouse situation and even the Lanky Yank situation, which is how it should be.

Even us 5th columnists and closet Carlton supporters can agree, in this case, they done good.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:07 pm

regan is true fullback wrote:
Whatever the situation we have at collingwood, we don't want this:

Quote:
David Koch chews on his own boot - The Age
www.theage.com.au › AFL

Apparently Kochie is a Good Bloke paid out on his players, after a very bitter finals exit, a sort of mini 1970 GF. A very bad look for a president of an AFL club with trainer wheels.

Hats off to Eddie and co, who seem to keep all the dirty linen in house. They have circled the wagons on the Lumumba situation, the Malthouse situation and even the Lanky Yank situation, which is how it should be.

Even us 5th columnists and closet Carlton supporters can agree, in this case, they done good.

Ha ha....well said ritfb. Cool
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Tue Sep 12, 2017 2:09 pm

What made look for a president of an AFL club with trainer wheels bad?
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 6:01 am

Bump... Last night final Sydney vs Geelong - note to self - the importance on making plans and in game coaching is over rated..
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 7:47 am

Piesnchess wrote:
I just had a sneak peek at the Cats bigfooty thread, post their hiding from the tigers, and its all, SACK SCOTT, SCOTT IS SHT, SCOTT IS PATHEITIC, CANT COACH, USELESS TURD, MUST GO, GET RID OF THE BASTARD, HES LEADING US INTO OBLIVION, SACK HIM NOW, ETC ETC.

Jezz, it reminded me of over here, de ja vu all over, the same exact pissing and moaning and whingeing. LOL

Probably the coaching performance of the year last night. Completely shut down the Swans for 120 minutes.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:23 am

^ That's just rubbish. Everyone knows the coach has no influence on the result:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-scott-geelongs-best-player-in-semifinal-win-over-sydney-joel-selwood-20170915-gyipah.html
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:36 am

What'sinaname wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:

Probably the coaching performance of the year last night. Completely shut down the Swans for 120 minutes.

Or maybe the Swans didn't bother turning up or lost interest after Dangerfield went berserk in the first quarter.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 9:53 am

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Or maybe the Swans didn't bother turning up or lost interest after Dangerfield went berserk in the first quarter.

Yeah, possibly a great coaching performance... or possibly the result of a team that's been up for too long (losing only to Hawthorn in its previous 17 games) after a 0-6 start hitting the wall at a venue where it has a terrible record (what are they saying --- 2 wins from their last 11 games at the MCG?).

So one narrative goes as follows:
Pies4shaw wrote:

^ That's just rubbish. Everyone knows the coach has no influence on the result:

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/chris-scott-geelongs-best-player-in-semifinal-win-over-sydney-joel-selwood-20170915-gyipah.html

But we also have a competing narrative:
http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/coach-john-longmire-says-his-swans-looked-buggered-in-defeat-20170915-gyip4l.html
E 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:04 am

they were buggered. if you watched the game, you could tell. Lance Franklin was basically lame. Couldnt bend down.

Cat's will continue their drought of no premeirships. who gives a toss if they use home ground advantage and the full assistance of the AFL to make finals. Not good enough to win one!

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:15 am

It must have been the hard game against Essendon that took the toll.

LOL.

That's not a "competing narrative" - everyone looks "buggered in defeat". Geelong did last week. What were the odds again, before the game?
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:20 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
Bump... Last night final Sydney vs Geelong - note to self - the importance on making plans and in game coaching is over rated..

Yes this is correct. When was the last time anyone of note said that Buckley made some great strategic moves or plans. The answer was never. But we signed him for 8 years so far. I suppose one year Buckley may make it to average coaching and he makes the finals. And the sycophants will say what a great coach, but they will conviently forget the last 6 years of chronic underachievement.Remember, if you roll the dice long enough then your lucky numbers will come up eventually. Nothing to do with talent only dumb luck.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Sep 16, 2017 10:53 am

Pies4shaw wrote:
It must have been the hard game against Essendon that took the toll.

LOL.

That's not a "competing narrative" - everyone looks "buggered in defeat". Geelong did last week. What were the odds again, before the game?

Well, the various parties will choose whatever narrative suits them, so of course JS will gush about his coach... Who is going to say, "We won because our opponents were cooked and the one player we have an unhealthy reliance upon had a huge first half?"
What were the odds before the game, actually? I'd be interested to know. The odds are determined by the punters' perceptions, which are determined by which narrative they are convinced by. I think the dominant narrative in the leadup was Geelong's finals ineptitude, so they didn't ponder concerns about Sydney. Everyone may look "buggered in defeat", but who previously has been -- and had to be -- up for its past 17 games? That's a long, long time.

Maybe it was also a great coaching performance -- who knows? We don't really have a way of separating the effects. Has CS had similarly praised coaching performances in the past?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 13 of 16   

Jump to: