Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:02 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I think he initiated the move for reasons mentioned elsewhere.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Sep 24, 2017 12:10 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
IMO recruiting a KPP (unless we can get Tom Lynch) is no longer our most urgent need. A more pressing requirement in order for us to make a decent jump up the ladder next year would be a high quality small forward similar to Devon Smith. I think the Pies are the worst team in the comp when it comes to locking the ball inside our f50. We need to fix this ASAP.

With Grundy and Cox likely rotating through FF will allow Reid to go back to CHB. Lever not required.

I'd like us to take Jarrod Brander at the draft with pick 6 as a future replacement of Reid and try to manufacture trades of our non-essential players to facilitate the Devon Smith trade. Possibly Fasolo? IMO Fasolo and Elliott play a similar role, we instead need a front and centre player with good leg speed and high tackling pressure. Smith was a late first round pick for GWS and is not currently in their best 22 so an early to mid second round pick would likely get it done.

As another poster pointed out apparently Smith is also seeking some midfield time which we could accommodate, however bulk of his game time would be forward.

Kidding right? No 1 has to be one KPP minimum preferably one each end. Useless getting the ball there if we can't hold it there,

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 27, 2017 11:00 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

Priority 6 - Hodge. A Hail Mary. I know he has retired, but a play-then-coach contract for Hodge would suit nicely providing a backline general for 1-2 years and bringing Hawthorn IP and leadership across.

Well done Bears.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:23 pm

Big changes at GWS Devon Smith & Matt Kennedy request trades to Melbourne clubs Nathan Wilson to WA clubs and Tendai Mzungu retires.

from Neil Cordy on Twitter

WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:32 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Big changes at GWS Devon Smith & Matt Kennedy request trades to Melbourne clubs Nathan Wilson to WA clubs and Tendai Mzungu retires.

Smith would be a good pick up. What would it cost us to get him?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 5:37 pm

WarrenerraW wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Will depend a bit on actual demand for him. CAR are said to be interested, but may have other priorities. GWS are keen to get high picks in this draft apparently.

I would be expecting things to land with a net result of about a late first or early second this year or maybe an (expected) mid to late second next year. BUT I'm just a mug on Nick's!

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 8:02 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
WarrenerraW wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Will depend a bit on actual demand for him. CAR are said to be interested, but may have other priorities. GWS are keen to get high picks in this draft apparently.

I would be expecting things to land with a net result of about a late first or early second this year or maybe an (expected) mid to late second next year. BUT I'm just a mug on Nick's!

I'm hearing some interesting comments from industry people about the 2018 draft. Some are saying it could be the best ever for talls. This also includes a host of very good GWS academy kids. I'm being told GWS will be very interested in trading for a couple 2018 early draft picks too.
I have already expressed my man crush for Smith as a structural solution to some of our forward pressure issues. I'm also hearing that there are as many as four Melb based clubs who are into him.
Brown26 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 28, 2017 11:56 pm

If GWS are keen to get 2018 picks, can we trade our 2018 second round pick? I don't think so?

First round pick is probably too much for Smith unless we think we're going to win the premiership next year. If GWS are bullish about next year could we do a swap of 2018 draft picks for Smith? (Leaving open the option of course that we actually do better than GWS next year and they give us Smith and pick (for argument sake 10) for pick 12 Razz

Probably not....

- Ben
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 29, 2017 12:13 am

Brown26 wrote:
If GWS are keen to get 2018 picks, can we trade our 2018 second round pick? I don't think so?

First round pick is probably too much for Smith unless we think we're going to win the premiership next year. If GWS are bullish about next year could we do a swap of 2018 draft picks for Smith? (Leaving open the option of course that we actually do better than GWS next year and they give us Smith and pick (for argument sake 10) for pick 12 Razz

Probably not....

- Ben

Relevant restriction is that you can only trade future first or future (all or some of) others, not both. So 2018 second can be traded unless we trade 2018 first.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 9:34 am

Subject to time constraints, I hope to provide a daily summary of tidbits from Trade Radio relevant to the Pies.

4 am WST start tomorrow!

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:45 am; edited 1 time in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:44 pm

Heading into trade period ... By my count, the uncontracted players right now are:

Blair
White (retired)
Sinclair
Ramsay
Wills (reportedly offered a 2 year extension, but no announcement yet on signing)
Smith
Keeffe (reportedly in discussions on an extension)
Sier

and rookies

Thomas (one website has him extended to 2019, but I haven't found confirmation)
McCarthy
Schade
Mackie
Lynch

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:54 pm; edited 1 time in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 1:47 pm

Trade news update from @Stevo7AFL:
- Stringer to Ess/Geel
- Gibbs to Adel
- Watts to Port/Ess
- Lever to Melb
- D Smith & Saad to Carl

Other mail:

- Rockliff to Carl/Port (https://www.foxsports.com.au/afl/carlton-to-meet-with-restricted-free-agent-tom-rockliff-on-tuesday-port-adelaide-keen-on-restricted-free-agent/news-story/d1e5bf82586cf014a3f54819f7bf7a8b?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=twitter&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+com%2FlQuXy+%28Fox+Sports%29)

- Matera to Freo (http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/brandon-matera-set-to-leave-gold-coast-after-completing-medical-at-fremantle/news-story/909eb85eda3975ce447e0d35a646e42e)

- Ablett to Geel

Also a trade period preview: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-01/trade-period-preview-whos-your-club-chasing?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sun Oct 01, 2017 5:57 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Trade news update from @Stevo7AFL:

- D Smith & Saad to Carl

Can't see them securing these blokes as well as Kennedy from GWS for a pittance. Who do they think they are - Geelong? Laughing

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:59 am

AFL Trade Radio Updates - Monday 2 October

The Early Trade

.@matthewlloyd18: "Jake Stringer's had a poor two years ... He comes with a lot of baggage."

.@MatthewLloyd18: "What I love about this period is that players are more aggressive than ever before if they're not happy at their club."

.@MatthewLloyd18: "I think Jack Watts has been too comfortable at Melbourne ... It all comes down to his attitude now."
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch: "I understand over the weekend there has been significant interest in Jack Watts from the @SydneySwans."
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: "My information out of Melbourne is that they would accept a second-round pick for Jack Watts." #NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: "They're (Port) filthy with it ... I'm expecting a club sanction. I doubt Paddy Ryder will play round one."
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18: "They should have won a Premiership by now with how they've recruited (@GeelongCats)."
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes on Gary Ablett: "I think he's heavy. I think he's three or four kilos overweight."
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18: "If I was Hodgey I would have gone up to Brisbane as a coach but not as a player."
#NABTradeRadio

Catch David Noble on @traderadio this morning.

Listen here: https://t.co/6RUYdrZeu8

.@kanecornes says a lot of tension between Adel & Melb. Dees offering a 1st and 2nd round pick for Lever. Crows steadfast two 1st rd picks.

David Noble on Luke Hodge: "It might be a number of games over a two-year period for Luke."

.@kanecornes: "Are you confident Luke Hodge will be at the club next year?"
Noble: "Yeah, we are!"

Noble: "Our strategy generically is that we need to build our midfield. The priority for us is the inside mids."
#NABTradeRadio

Noble: "There was an offer on the table for Rockliff. He told us he wants to explore his options."
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18 : "So it sounds like Rockliff is on the move."
Noble: "Yeah I think that's the intent at this point"
#NABTradeRadio

Noble: "We still conform to you trade for needs and draft for you talent."
#NABTradeRadio

Noble on Josh @Schache23 : "We certainly heard the external chatter that you guys have."
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch reporting Heath Shaw has been asked to consider his playing future by the @GWSGIANTS in the next week.
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: "I have a theory we overvalue draft picks in this trade period. You don't know what you are going to get."
#NABTradeRadio

Trade Mornings

.@Adamcooney17: "If you are a club looking to trade in Jake Stringer you need to be aware it is an 18-24 month process."
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: "I think Essendon is a really comfortable fit for Jake Stringer. He's close with Hayden Skipworth." #NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: "The potential for Jack Watts to be a star is there. Maybe a new club will get the best out of him."
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch: "Interest out of Sydney coming for Jack Watts. Where does that leave Kurt Tippett?" #NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell: "The information Luke Hodge has in his head is just as valuable as the football he'll play on the field" #NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell on Brisbane: "They've got weigh up whether it's best to play Hodge or a kid in his position" #NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch: "Now that the GF is done, we expect Bryce Gibbs to come out and announce he wants to return to Adelaide" #NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell: "Tom Hawkins is at a crossroads, he needs a foil like Dangerfield or Ablett. His main man days are done" #NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: "Collingwood would be well placed to pick up Josh Schache. They need to help Darcy Moore" #NABTradeRadio

Trade News

McConville on Mumford: "He feels like he could go on but the Giants feel otherwise."
#NABTradeRadio

McConville on Mumford's future: "It's purely medical."
#NABTradeRadio

McConville on Matt Taberner: "He's actually under the knife as we speak. Just a little meniscus tear, nothing major."
#NABTradeRadio

McConville on Taberner: "There have been some offers from outside of Freo but at this stage we're still weighing it all up."
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton on Ablett: We've had two or three conversations with Geelong, and Mitch Duncan's name certainly did come up
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton: But philosophically we need to bring in someone who is going to play for us and is in our best 22
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton: Stephen Wells and myself have chatted, but we certainly haven't got to the pointy end of those chats yet
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton: There is come cultural sensitivity in Adam Saad's current circumstance. There's some strong-bonded family issues
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton on Matera: He's got a great offer from the Dockers
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton on Tom Lynch: We're continually talking. The new coach will be important. His buy-in is enormous
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton on Lynch: He's extremely important. He's a great man and his persona and leadership is a real strength
#NABTradeRadio

NOW | @Lee_Gaskin1 tells us Brendon Ah Chee has requested a trade away from the Power
#NABTradeRadio

Three clubs interested in the 23-year-old midfielder. Played 27 games in six seasons with the Power

Agent's Hour

Bartel on Geelong: "If they land a big fish in Gaz or Stringer, they're still in their premiership window" #NABTradeRadio

Scott Lucas on Jacob Townsend re-signing with @Richmond_FC: "It's a matter of 'when' not 'if'"
#NABTradeRadio

Lucas on Lang: "We're prepared to consider all options including Gold Coast & few other Victorian clubs" #NABTradeRadio

Lucas on Sicily:"I've got a great sense of pride in what he was able to do this year" #NABTradeRadio

Lucas on Vickery: "He'll be a Hawk next year" #NABTradeRadio

Lucas on McDonald-Tipungwuti: "You've got commend @EssendonFC on his development but he's also really applied himself" #NABTradeRadio

Bartel on Mumford: "I'd keep him at the Giants but if his ankles are so bad I don't see someone else taking him" #NABTradeRadio

The Late Trade

.@thelistmanager on Anthony Miles: "I see the Gold Coast as the perfect for him to get further opportunities."
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Gibbs: We haven't had a request from him yet to go back to SA. We're hoping and expecting him to stay
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Devon Smith: The age between 22-26 we know we're light on. We have some interest in Devon
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Devon Smith: The age between 22-26 we know we're light on. We have some interest in Devon
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Rockliff: He's got a couple of options up his sleeve. We'll just have to see how that pans out
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Matt Kennedy: Matty would certainly suit our needs, but there's a lot of water still to go under the bridge there
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Kennedy: He's a good player, an early draft pick. I imagine there will be a few clubs into him
#NABTradeRadio

McKay says there is no interest from the Blues for Ryan Griffen
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on Rhys Palmer: We're in discussions with him and trying to get a grip on his mindset and plans for next year
#NABTradeRadio

McKay: We're certainly going to be active in this period. We want to improve the depth on our list
#NABTradeRadio

McKay on potentially trading pick 3: It's unlikely, you never say no, but it's very unlikely
#NABTradeRadio

Luke Dahlhaus is keen to remain at the kennel, his manager says.
https://t.co/EoR3senORT

Plough on Heath Shaw: I thought he looked cooked at the end of the year.... He was getting exposed at times
#NABTradeRadio

@thelistmanager: "There are some around Essendon questioning whether he (Aaron Francis) has the high-end (commitment)." #NABTradeRadio

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:34 pm

Josh Thomas has re-signed with Collingwood for 2018. Caps a successful comeback from his two-year WADA ban https://t.co/OpGWMpbZPL
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 9 of 16   

Jump to: