Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 12:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Preliminary 2018 FA list: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-09-06/2018-free-agents-lynch-gaff-headline-monster-list
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Wed Sep 06, 2017 3:11 pm

The good news is that our club has nothing much to worry about. Presumably, if Blair, Reid and/or Fasolo are required players in the plans for 2 seasons from now, we'll be able to recontract them.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 10:44 am

Brainstorming ...

Start with picks 6, 36, 54, 59, 78.

Delist: White (retired), Sinclair, Crocker (then rookie?), Sier (then rookie?).

Re-sign: Varcoe (2018), Goldsack (2018), Blair (2018), Ramsay (2018), Phillips (2019), Wills (2019), Keefe (2018), Cox (2019), Thomas (2019).

1) Trade 6 and 36 to RIC for 15 and 16.

2) Trade 15 and 16, 2018 2nd, Oxley and one of Smith/Keefe/Thomas to GCS for Lynch and GCS 2018 1st.

[Note will then have 2 2018 1sts which we must take to the draft to satisfy 2picks/4years rule.]

3) Try to sign Keegan Brooksby as a delisted FA.

4) Try to sign Jackson Trengrove (PTA) as an RFA (PTA can match).

5) Take 54, 59 and 78 to the draft:

Oscar Clavarino 195cm/86kg kpd (or best available kpf/kpd @54)

Tyler Brown 188cm/70kg mid/fwd (FS, hopefully bid comes late so we can use 54 and 59 with FS points deduction carrying forward to 2018 draft)

Ed Richards 183cm mid/def (grandson of Ron, no FS rights)

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:03 pm

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-09-07/fatherson-invited-to-draft-combine
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:40 pm

Get Brown.

Interesting I heard on the radio tonight that jake Stringer may be up for trade at the Dogs.

Not quite a key forward, has had injuries and inconsistent form, but has some serious skills at 192cm and 23 years old and would fit well into a mobile forward structure

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:50 pm

stui magpie wrote:
Get Brown.

Interesting I heard on the radio tonight that jake Stringer may be up for trade at the Dogs.

Not quite a key forward, has had injuries and inconsistent form, but has some serious skills at 192cm and 23 years old and would fit well into a mobile forward structure

He is available and only wants to go to Melb clubs because of relationship split and access to kids is the word.

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:57 pm

He's a perfect fit for the blues. They should chase him hard...
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:31 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Brainstorming ...

Re-sign: Varcoe (2018), Goldsack (2018), Blair (2018), Ramsay (2018), Phillips (2019), Wills (2019), Keefe (2018), Cox (2019), Thomas (2019).

2) Trade 15 and 16, 2018 2nd, Oxley and one of Smith/Keefe/Thomas to GCS for Lynch and GCS 2018 1st.

[Note will then have 2 2018 1sts which we must take to the draft to satisfy 2picks/4years rule.]

Tyler Brown 188cm/70kg mid/fwd (FS, hopefully bid comes late so we can use 54 and 59 with FS points deduction carrying forward to 2018 draft)

I love your regular contributions "Mighty" but could you give me 4 valid and constructive reasons why Blair should be re-contracted??

E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:46 am

inxs88 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Brainstorming ...

I love your regular contributions "Mighty" but could you give me 4 valid and constructive reasons why Blair should be re-contracted??

1. He was in the best 22 for a bunch of games (for anyone else, that is enough).

2. he is a true professional so he would be a great back up player because you know he will always be ready.

3. if he came in in the event of injury, he would be serviceable as our 22nd player. Many times this year, we brought in players following injury who were deadset liabilities (mainly due to age and readiness to contribute - Brown, Daicos, kirby, etc,)

4. He is going to be very affordable!!!!!! dont have to pay him Mayne money!!!!!

E 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 12:55 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
Brainstorming ...

Its a nice dream. Under duress, we got pick 5, 25 and Jack crisp for Beams. GWS got two high first round draft picks for Trelaor.

You are basically suggesting that we trade three lower picks (hard to find stars there) and two reserves players for Tom Lynch and a top 5 draft pick (expect a star there)!!!!!!!

So you are asking GC to give up one of the best key forwards in the game (fact) and a likely future star, for 5, at best, list cloggers!!

Why wouldnt they jump all over that.

You actually have a better shot giving them pick 6. at least they might get a star.

Truth is, Lynch would cost you two high first round picks plus some quality steak knives. or pick 6, a great young player (think DeGoey, Sharenberg, Sidebottom) plus some quality steak knives.

I wonder if they'd take Adams to provide leadership now that Ablett is leaving. Aish could take the Adams role (controversial i know, but as good as Adams is, i think you wouldnt miss him as much as you'd love to have Lynch).

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:29 am

E wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Brainstorming ...

Its a nice dream. Under duress, we got pick 5, 25 and Jack crisp for Beams. GWS got two high first round draft picks for Trelaor.

You are basically suggesting that we trade three lower picks (hard to find stars there) and two reserves players for Tom Lynch and a top 5 draft pick (expect a star there)!!!!!!!

So you are asking GC to give up one of the best key forwards in the game (fact) and a likely future star, for 5, at best, list cloggers!!

Why wouldnt they jump all over that.

You actually have a better shot giving them pick 6. at least they might get a star.

Truth is, Lynch would cost you two high first round picks plus some quality steak knives. or pick 6, a great young player (think DeGoey, Sharenberg, Sidebottom) plus some quality steak knives.

I wonder if they'd take Adams to provide leadership now that Ablett is leaving. Aish could take the Adams role (controversial i know, but as good as Adams is, i think you wouldnt miss him as much as you'd love to have Lynch).

There will be quite different views on the value of draft picks. In this draft most "experts" are saying that it evens out quickly after the first small handful of players (4-6) ... that opens up the real possibility that many will view 15 and 16 as more valuable than 6 and certainly not be expecting to select "list cloggers" as you have suggested.

In relation to GCS's 2018 pick they will not be banking on finishing bottom 5 again (they may well, but they won't be proceeding on that basis and many expect them to have a quick rebound back up the ladder). In much the same way that we didn't expect the future first for Treloar to be so high. Same with our 2018 second ... we'll be hoping it is down the order, but many will bank on it being higher up the order.

I am certainly not saying my suggestion is a gimme as it obviously involves satisfying both Richmond and GCS and would also involve Lynch saying he wants out, but I don't think something like this is beyond the realms of possibility.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 9:44 am

Lynch would be the perfect recruit. Stringer wouldn't be far behind but unfortunately Stringer isn't a key forward. If Stringer was used properly in the forward line (Beveridge isn't the great coach everybody is making out), he and Lynch would light up our forward line. If we want to win games of football next year Blair shouldn't come within 10 miles of our forward line.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 11:42 am

Stringer's trade value will depend entirely on other Melb teams' interest as it seems very unlikely he can now stay at the Bulldogs. So it is possible he could be picked up cheaply.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:01 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
I would definitely be looking at Heath Hocking and Jackson Trengove.

Heath Shocking?

Oh my God, haven't you learned anything over the past few years?

burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 08, 2017 7:49 pm

Tom Lynch and Steven May should be our biggest priorities!!!

throw everything at them!

how about both of them for:

Pick 6 & whatever our next pick is
Keeffe
Thomas
Greenwood
Cox

Smile

deal??

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 5 of 16   

Jump to: