Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 2:47 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

MightyMagpie wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-10-11/hocking-added-to-coaching-panel

Collingwood's AFL coaching panel for 2018
Nathan Buckley – Senior Coach
Robert Harvey – Assistant Coach midfield and transition
Garry Hocking – Assistant Coach stoppages
Justin Longmuir – Assistant Coach backline and team defence
Brenton Sanderson – Assistant Coach forward line and ball movement

I'm still annoyed that Harvey has been retained.

I struggle to grasp what benefit he brings to the club and he's been there since the start of Buckley's tenure.

qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 12, 2017 3:39 pm

Jezza wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-10-11/hocking-added-to-coaching-panel

Collingwood's AFL coaching panel for 2018
Nathan Buckley – Senior Coach
Robert Harvey – Assistant Coach midfield and transition
Garry Hocking – Assistant Coach stoppages
Justin Longmuir – Assistant Coach backline and team defence
Brenton Sanderson – Assistant Coach forward line and ball movement

I'm still annoyed that Harvey has been retained.

I struggle to grasp what benefit he brings to the club and he's been there since the start of Buckley's tenure.

I hear that Jezza I would have thought his time may have been up. I'm happy Sanderson is on board think he showed last year he can work well with Buckley. I'm really pleased with the additions they all bring something from successful clubs they've been at prior.
I hope we get Boyd to do some work with our young backs he was one of the better team defenders and directing zone defences
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 4:54 pm

^Harvey must bring some positive things to the table, surely, otherwise we would not reappoint him. Perhaps he does behind the scenes stuff, that we fans are not aware of ? He is arguably the best player I have ever seen play for the Saints, his knowledge of football must be pretty vast, to say the very least !

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:02 pm

Thomas re-signed for 2018 and Wills for 2018 and 2019.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:09 pm

Remain uncontracted:

Jarryd Blair 2017
Ben Sinclair 2017 (FA)
Jackson Ramsay 2017
Josh Smith 2017
Brayden Sier 2017

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 5:23 pm

^^ a couple of delistings out of that lot.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 13, 2017 6:51 pm

Boogie Knights wrote:
^^ a couple of delistings out of that lot.

No doubt.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 9:52 pm

Former Eagle Mitch Brown eyes second chance at AFL after excellent season @VAFA_HQ.
Nominated for draft
https://t.co/MaiVOJslse

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:07 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Former Eagle Mitch Brown eyes second chance at AFL after excellent season @VAFA_HQ.
Nominated for draft

I'm not sure how a year in the midfield in the Amateurs will really attract AFL clubs. I think they may simply see him as a year older.
The Eagles apparently screwed him over last year ( http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-day-eagles-defender-mitch-brown-was-sacked-for-sam-mitchell-20170912-gyfsto.html ):

Quote:
Former Eagles backman Mitch Brown has told of the heartache of being sacked with a new contract in his hand after West Coast reneged on his deal to snag boom recruit Sam Mitchell.

The 28-year-old has now broken his silence about his sacking, telling The Outer Sanctum Podcast of the hurt he experienced after West Coast changed its mind about his playing future three times.

"I was overseas at the time with another teammate and I got a phone call from the Eagles and they sounded a bit upset and they were like 'we are sorry Mitch we are going to have to take the contract off the table'," he said.

"I literally had the contract in my hand... I had it."

"Obviously a few things had developed pretty quickly with the Sam Mitchell stuff and, just like that, the contract was taken away from me and I couldn't really do anything about it.

"I got off the phone incredibly upset and wondering how I was going to tell my wife. I didn't know what to say. That was it."
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:20 pm

K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Nominated for draft

I'm not sure how a year in the midfield in the Amateurs will really attract AFL clubs. I think they may simply see him as a year older.
The Eagles apparently screwed him over last year ( http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/the-day-eagles-defender-mitch-brown-was-sacked-for-sam-mitchell-20170912-gyfsto.html ):

Quote:
Former Eagles backman Mitch Brown has told of the heartache of being sacked with a new contract in his hand after West Coast reneged on his deal to snag boom recruit Sam Mitchell.

The 28-year-old has now broken his silence about his sacking, telling The Outer Sanctum Podcast of the hurt he experienced after West Coast changed its mind about his playing future three times.

"I was overseas at the time with another teammate and I got a phone call from the Eagles and they sounded a bit upset and they were like 'we are sorry Mitch we are going to have to take the contract off the table'," he said.

"Obviously a few things had developed pretty quickly with the Sam Mitchell stuff and, just like that, the contract was taken away from me and I couldn't really do anything about it.

"I got off the phone incredibly upset and wondering how I was going to tell my wife. I didn't know what to say. That was it."

Haha wasn’t suggesting him as a mid. KPD backup option.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-09-12/mitch-brown-on-what-its-like-to-be-de-listed/8888734

K 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:29 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Nominated for draft

Haha wasn’t suggesting him as a mid. KPD backup option.

Yes, clearly no one is suggesting him as an AFL mid. The point is that if no one picked him up last year, it's not clear why they would this year. If he can star in the midfield, then Amateurs is clearly a much, much lower level.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 pm

The timing of what went down is one possible reason. We got Dunn cheap last year so nothing lost then. This year we might need another cheap KPD depth option ... Hansen, Brown, etc.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:35 pm

The timing of what went down is one possible reason. We got Dunn cheap last year so nothing lost then. This year we might need another cheap KPD depth option ... Hansen, Brown, etc.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Nominated for draft

Quote:

A couple of years earlier he tried to go to St Kilda for more money when West Coast held him to his contract, so he can hardly blame West Coast now.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:06 am

K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Nominated for draft

Quote:

A couple of years earlier he tried to go to St Kilda for more money when West Coast held him to his contract, so he can hardly blame West Coast now.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 13, 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 14 of 16   

Jump to: