Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 9:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

^^
Our future second round pick which proved to be # 23 has gone to the Giants for W H E.
He had a fair year, right now I'm ok with that.
It's to early. Time will tell.

You could say we start this draft with WHE in the bank.
E 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 11:19 pm

Pies2016 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Just doing some research and this has blown me away ... Richmond were 18th for Effective Disposal Efficiency @ 70.2%. We were equal 7th @ 73.4%. Hawks top on 76.4%.

Richmond were only 6th for average Contested Possessions and we were 7th so I'm not sure that a pressure contest game style explains it.

Thoughts?

PS Adam Saad went at 82.5%.

Obviously a successful finals campaign is the sum of all parts.

They are surprising numbers but the stat that might explain ( or not ) a part measure of their success, may be the percentage of time the ball was spent in their own forward line compared to the opposition.
The Dogs broke all records for that stat in last years finals series and they just worked the ball into their own 50 and then kept pressuring the opposition until they coughed it up. It became the blue print.

I don't know the Tigers numbers but I imagine they would be right up there on that stat ( lm a big boy, I can cop being wrong )
I imagine they just push the ball forward without the need for much precision and then their small forwards work particularly hard to lock it in until they score.

We are caught up in the need for a KPF at Collingwood but if he ain't capable of offering repeat pressure efforts at ground level, then their value is diminished in the modern game.

The Tigers will be picked apart by opposition coaches but whether other teams have the small pressure forwards at their disposal, is the big question.

other teams are learning the value of the Jarryd Blair role!!!!!! Jarryd must be the most underrated player in the competition. even his own fans dont appreciate his value......

K 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 12:55 am

MightyMagpie wrote:
K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
Just doing some research and this has blown me away ... Richmond were 18th for Effective Disposal Efficiency @ 70.2%. We were equal 7th @ 73.4%. Hawks top on 76.4%.

Richmond were only 6th for average Contested Possessions and we were 7th so I'm not sure that a pressure contest game style explains it.

Thoughts?

And what about the sames stats, but just for September, i.e. all the finalists/finals?
I'd be interested to know those.

Richmond
GF 67.9% (Adel 72.3%)
PF 67.6% (GWS 70.2%)
FW1 58.4% (Gee 62.1%)

Thanks. Interesting. They were pretty much equal to their opponents in that regard during the finals, then.

Not picking a fight
, but that wouldn't be my take .... Richmond still 3-5% below opponent in each game. Difference between best and worst for the season was only 6.2%.

Don't hold back, MM: discussion is good.

I think you're comparing apples and oranges there. From what you wrote, the 6.2% is the difference between the best average disposal efficiency and the worst. The -3% to -5% is the difference between Richmond's disposal efficiency and their opponents in a game. So what is more relevant to compare this -3%-- -5% with is the average differential disposal efficiency of teams. I'm not sure such info is readily available, though differentials have become fashionable to provide for some things, maybe including contested possessions. I've no idea what should be regarded as a significant difference, but I think in the Adel-Geelong PF it was something like 75% to 50% (at least early on), which seems match-deciding.

I glanced at some of the basic stats for the GF and other finals, and one thing I noticed is that Richmond maintained a kick-to-handball ratio of close to 2:1, whereas the others were much closer to 1:1. This was true of all their finals. But, glancing at some of the H&A games, this didn't seem true of Richmond there. Makes me wonder: did they change their style in the finals?
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 8:19 am

E wrote:
Pies2016 wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Thoughts?

PS Adam Saad went at 82.5%.

Obviously a successful finals campaign is the sum of all parts.

They are surprising numbers but the stat that might explain ( or not ) a part measure of their success, may be the percentage of time the ball was spent in their own forward line compared to the opposition.
The Dogs broke all records for that stat in last years finals series and they just worked the ball into their own 50 and then kept pressuring the opposition until they coughed it up. It became the blue print.

I don't know the Tigers numbers but I imagine they would be right up there on that stat ( lm a big boy, I can cop being wrong )
I imagine they just push the ball forward without the need for much precision and then their small forwards work particularly hard to lock it in until they score.

We are caught up in the need for a KPF at Collingwood but if he ain't capable of offering repeat pressure efforts at ground level, then their value is diminished in the modern game.

The Tigers will be picked apart by opposition coaches but whether other teams have the small pressure forwards at their disposal, is the big question.

other teams are learning the value of the Jarryd Blair role!!!!!! Jarryd must be the most underrated player in the competition. even his own fans dont appreciate his value......

I'm sure most supporters appreciate the Jarryd Blair role ..... until its carried out by Jarryd Blair.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 11:58 am

In meetings this am, but two words ...

Ned Guy (manager of Lever and D Smith)

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:09 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

Sorry what does this mean? Does Derek Hine still have a job?
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 5:26 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Sorry what does this mean? Does Derek Hine still have a job?

Yes, Hine has been offered a new job within the list management and recruiting department.

http://www.collingwoodfc.com.au/news/2017-10-04/list-management-and-recruiting-restructure-2017

Quote:
Respected player manager Ned Guy joins the club in the role of General Manager of List Management and Strategy, Derek Hine has been offered the newly shaped role of National Recruiting Manager and the club will introduce a pro scout department for the first time.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:47 am

AFL Trade Radio Updates - Wednesday 4 October (apologies for delay)

.@kanecornes: "There was an exchange of emails (between Adel & Mel) with how Adel have handled the Lever negotiations."
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18: "If I was Jack Watts' captain he would frustrate me ... he shouldn't be surprised he's in this situation."
#NABTradeRadio

.@PAFC fans, your footy boss Chris Davies will join @kanecornes and @MatthewLloyd18 just after 7am (Adel time)
LIVE: https://t.co/bRYSf5tYWh

Chris Davies: "Yeah we're pleased Tom has shown a willingness to come to our footy club. Now it's up to us to work with his management."

Chris Davies: "We're in a position where we think Tom can add to a pretty strong midfield already. We're rapt we're in this position."

Chris Davies: "We think (Tom) wants to go to a club that gives him the best chance to play finals."
#NABTradePeriod

Chris Davies: "Steve Motlop has links to Port Adelaide with his brother and his cousin who have played at the club."
#NABTradeRadio

Chris Davies: "I got (confirmation Tom Rockliff was coming) from our list manager late yesterday." #NABTradeRadio

Chris Davies: "We still think we're in with a chance for Jack Watts until we hear otherwise."
#NABTradeRadio

Davies: "Ultimately Jackson Trengove is a restricted free-agent so the club has the right to match any offer put to him."
#NABTradeRadio

Davies: Where we got to at the end of the year it looked like Trengove was going to leave the club
#NABTradeRadio

Davies on Impey staying: You never say never, he's certainly a player that Ken likes. He's out of contract end of next year
#NABTradeRadio

Davies: We understand nature of the trade period.... If Jarman wants to go, then we'll have to look at what deals are there #NABTradeRadio

Davies: Both Ah Chee and Young are required players at PAFC and we wouldn't be delisting them if they don't find another home
#NABTradeRadio

Davies on Lobbe: I'd be surprised if there isn't interest in him from other clubs. We'll enter the trade period with an open mind

Davies on Lobbe: We're heading into the trade period with an open mind on him and he wants that as well
#NABTradeRadio

Davies on Ryder: We'd like our players not to be in these situations. But we'll let the judicial process play out
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: I just got a text from a PAFC player and it's fair to say they are extremely excited about what Rockliff can bring to the club

Jake Lever's manager Ned Guy joins @kanecornes and @MatthewLloyd18 now on The Early Trade.

Guy on Crows and Dees relations: I'd like to think we can sit down and be mature and arrange a deal for Jake Lever.
#NABTradeRadio

Guy on Adelaide players not wanting Lever to play finals: I think some players did feel that way.
#NABTradeRadio

Guy: What I do know is Rory Sloane hosted a BBQ on Monday night and all players and partners were there.
#NABTradeRadio

Guy on Smith's decision: A big one for Smith is player management and how they handle guys coming back through rehab.
#NABTradeRadio

Guy tells us Smith has interest from four clubs Essendon, Carlton and also Collingwood and St Kilda.
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18 says Collingwood have done a number of "irresponsible" deals of late, namely Mayne and Wells.
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: I think the power has swung too far in favour of the players.
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18: I told Devon Smith to give the first handball. He said 'I can do more with the football than who I would handball it to'

.@kanecornes: Adelaide have completely botched this deal. I have no doubt in my mind the first deal got Lever offside.

Dwayne: Football might actually be better off if Lever is forced into the draft this year. I don't like that a player can leave after 3 yrs

Dwayne: You can't have a player leave after 3 years and then dictate which club he wants to go to
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: We've known for a month Jake wanted to return to Vic. But we found out on Monday he wanted to come to us
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: We don't think we need a third party to get involved with this deal for Lever with the Crows
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: At no stage whatsoever have we spoken to any club about a trade option for Jesse Hogan
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: We've shown over the last few years that we want to get deals done. We don't play games
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney on Watts: It's all about performance. We expect a lot from him. His role as a leader is that he has to be driving the young guys

Mahoney: Jack is looking at some other opportunities, but we still haven't heard from any other clubs as to interest yet
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: It's definitely in Jack's hands right now. He's speaking to other clubs at the moment
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney on Watts: He should be a much better player than what he's played so far. #NABTradeRadio

Mahoney on Watts: We think he's got a lot of improvement left. If that's with us then great, but if another club then it's good luck as well

Mahoney on Watts trade: We haven't even thought about what picks would get it done yet. We'll wait to see if a club is interested

Doughty (Lobbe): There's enough interest to get something done
#NABTradeRadio

Doughty on Lobbe: When you do a PCL as a big man it's hard to come back from. Last 5-6 games in 2017 strong in SANFL
#NABTradeRadio

Doughty on Lobbe: A couple of northern clubs have shown some interest. Enough to say he'll get a fresh opportunity.
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17 on Lobbe: He won't be going overseas anywhere this time?

Doughty: He'll be staying around
#NABTradeRadio

Doughty on Aaron Francis: He's suffered from homesickness, two years to go on contract. More unlikely than likely (to move)
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: Do you see a time where Aaron Francis will go back to SA
Doughty: I'd never say never but expect he'll stay
#NABTradeRadio

Doughty on Brodie Smith (out of contract in 2018): He's one the Crows certainly won't let go
#NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell " I'd definitely take Devon Smith as a player, he's got some serious quality."
#NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell "I get the feeling someone is going to have to pay overs for Devon Smith. There may be a bidding war."
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17 on Watts: "He's a guy that needs to work on his professionalism, and a new club would be a good fit for him."
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17 on Jarman Impey: "His off field indiscretion means that he's struggling at the Power."
#NABTradeRadio

Josh Mahoney confirming before that Jesse Hogan will be staying at Melbourne. #NABTradeRadio

The @CollingwoodFC has confirmed Ned Guy is the club's new GM of List Management
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Stringer: We met with Essendon again today and he's got a decision to make and we should have an answer soon
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio: Stringer is looking for strong leadership on and off the ground, so that will be a factor in who he picks
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio: There were a few things in that Herald Sun article we weren't happy with. You'll hear his side of the story one day
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio: It's Geelong and Essendon at the moment who are leading the race for Jake Stringer
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio: We hope to sit down in the next 24-48 hours and nominate a club of preference for Jake Stringer
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Cloke: He's not ready to retire yet
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Cloke: He's in a good space and he'll retire at the end of next season after hopefully a great year in 2018
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Tom Lynch: He'll definitely be at @GoldCoastSUNS next season
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Lynch: I can tell Tom is a competitive beast, so he'll look at everything before making a decision beyond 2018
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Sam Lloyd: We've sat down with the Tigers throughout 2017. We'd be open to looking at options for him
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Lloyd: We've had some interest from clubs. I'd hate to see Sam play another full year in the VFL and go to waste
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio on Aaron Young: I wouldn't think he'd be at Port Adelaide in 2018
#NABTradeRadio

D'Orazio: I think a club like the Suns would be a perfect fit for someone like Aaron Young
#NABTradeRadio

Bartel on Sydney: "With Heath Grundy coming to the end of his career I think they see Aliir and Melican as his replacements" #NABTradeRadio

Bartel on a Jake Lever deal: "A 1st & 2nd round pick seems fair to me" #NABTradeRadio

Bartel on St Kilda's needs: "A player who can play that quarterback role that Montagna filled" #NABTradeRadio

NOW: WA U18 coach Peter Sumich on the hottest draft prospects out West #NABTradeRadio

Sumich's message to the WA team: "You will get drafted if you play well as a team. Good talent managers notice that." #NABTradeRadio

Sumich: "Some of the players in my opinion are getting overpaid to come home" #NABTradeRadio

Sumich on Sandover Medalist Haiden Schloithe: "He's got his head right now and knows what footy's about." #NABTradeRadio

Damo: What do the Dockers need next season?
Plough: Key position players, key position players & some key position players
#NABTradeRadio

Plough on Dockers: I think the footy industry has lost trust in the Fremantle Dockers and the way they play
#NABTradeRadio

PODCAST | @thelistmanager analysis of the Bombers:
STREAM: https://t.co/HOHQUnckHR
iTUNES: https://t.co/5GXHWAZk8v
#NABTradeRadio

PODCAST | @thelistmanager analysis of the Dockers:
STREAM: https://t.co/kjvShWzLZX
iTUNES: https://t.co/5GXHWBgVx5
#NABTradeRadio

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:49 am

AFL Trade Radio Updates - Thursday 5 October

.@MatthewLloyd18; "McCartin should have played in the 80s. He's an out of the square player. He needs to add some tricks."
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: "Trengove has been played out of position at Port Adelaide. He's been played as a forward, he's not that."
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: Steven Motlop will tour the PAFC facilities in the next 24 hours
#NABTradeRadio

LIVE | @stkildafc @Ameet_Bains joins us #NABTradeRadio

Bains on Smith: Our interest in him has been of a preliminary nature so far. Our interest hasn't been at the same level as other clubs

Bains on Dylan Shiel: Ever since he made that commitment to the Giants we've been told he's happy there. So those rumours are off the mark

Bains on Gaff: He's contracted. The Eagles are keen to retain him. And he hasn't indicated any interest to move at this point in time

Bains: We did ask the question of the Eagles on Gaff
#NABTradeRadio

Bains: The prospect of using the top 10 picks is really enticing for us. It's a strong top-end of the draft
#NABTradeRadio

Bains: We've had a number of clubs speak to us about pick swaps (for 7&Cool
#NABTradeRadio

Bains: If using 7 & 8 at the draft is our worst case, then we're happy with that. But if there are other options then we're open to that too

Bains: We've started some preliminary chats so far about extending McCartin's contract. We expect him to be a long-term Saints player

Bains on Armitage: Dave is certainly not looking to go anywhere and we certainly haven't had any discussions with clubs #NABTradeRadio

Bains: Adam Tomlinson is someone we've had interest in in the past. He's re-signed though and we don't expect GWS to be parting with him

Bains: We had some discussions with Motlop's manager and our indications are that if he leaves Geelong he'll move interstate #NABTradeRadio

Bains on Michael Talia: We've been investigating different ways to bolster our defensive stocks and we've met with him
#NABTradeRadio

Bains on Hickey: Tom hasn't asked for a trade and we haven't discussed him with any clubs
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: Jackson Trengove has agreed to a 4-year contract at the Bulldogs and that will be lodged tomorrow morning
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes: I'm also hearing that Jarman Impey will be leaving the PAFC. Hawks are keen but not sure how they get that deal done

Cornes: The Bulldogs are also keen on Impey so we'll see how that plays out over the next couple of weeks
#NABTradeRadio

Lloyd: I would hold Charlie Cameron to his deal if I was the Crows, unless the deal was really strong. Something like pick 14
#NABTradeRadio

Cornes: We expect Jarman Impey to nominate Hawthorn as his preferred club of choice #NABTradeRadio

Dwayne: My understanding is the first agenda item for the Suns after announcing a coach is to offer a huge deal for Tom Lynch
#NABTradeRadio

Dwayne: The Suns are going to offer Lynch an offer of around 5 yrs. And he might get close to $8m over 5 years including marketing allowance

Dwayne: The deal might look like $7m from the Suns and then the marketing aspect could be worth $1m over the course of the contract

Cooney: It's critical for the AFL for the Suns to survive and to flourish in that market
#NABTradeRadio

Cooney: Tom Lynch is the most important signing in the club's history
#NABTradeRadio

Cooney: Pick 11 isn't on the table at the moment for Jake Stringer. The Bombers believe their second round pick is fair deal
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: I actually really like Dean Towers as a player. I think he has a bit to offer.
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch reporting Adelaide Crows exit interviews are today. The expectation is Charlie Cameron will request a trade to Brisbane.

Turner on @geelongfalcons prospects:"We've got at least 12 boys that have a chance of getting drafted" #NABTradeRadio

Turner on Charlie Curnow: "I'd suggest that in ten years he'll be close to being the best pick of his draft."
#NABTradeRadio

Fox Sports reporting that Devon Smith has nominated Essendon as his club of choice
#NABTradeRadio

.@Nick_Bowen joins us on the line:
"Devon Smith is a big coup for the Bombers. We also expect Jake Stringer to request a move there today"

PODCAST | Geelong great Jimmy Bartel discusses Daniel Menzel's future at the club:
https://t.co/yHZuxEzzGd
#NABTradeRadio

.@thelistmanager: "The Suns need competitors... Anthony Miles would be ideal." #NABTRadeRadio

.@barrettdamian: "Lock it away, Adam Saad will not be going back to the Suns and I believe nominate the Bombers for 2018."
#NABTradeRadio

.@barrettdamian: The three "S's" all look set to nominate the Bombers
#NABTradeRadio

BIG NEWS! @barrettdamian says 3 players to nominate @EssendonFC as club of choice #NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch: I believe the exit meeting of Charlie Cameron has happened & that he has told the Crows he wants to be a Lion
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch: Jackson Trengove spotted at the Bulldogs today for his first round of photoshoots. Expect that to happen officially tomorrow

.@barrettdamian: The Saints have tabled a five-year deal for Adam Tomlinson for him to leave
#NABTradeRadio

.@barrettdamian: There is a feeling among people who know Tomlinson, that he will now consider leaving his GWS contract #NABTradeRadio

.@barrettdamian: Collingwood is also keen on Tomlinson. But St Kilda has made the front-running
#NABTradeRadio

.@barrettdamian: The default position from all parties will be that he's contracted, but the Saints feel he's gettable
#NABTradeRadio

.@barrettdamian: The Giants are now well aware of the St Kilda interest in Adam Tomlinson
Plough: They'll play hard ball on him, no doubt

.@barrettdamian: Kurt Tippett will be discussed in coming weeks. Hearing that Dew @ Suns has potential for him to start a conversation there

.@cleary_mitch: Luke Hodge has toured the Lions facilities in the last 48 hours
#NABTradeRadio

Terry Wallace thinks this scenario will see Essendon land Jake Stringer, Devon Smith and Adam Saad.
Thoughts?
#NABTradeRadio

Luke Hodge has informed the Hawthorn Football Club of his desire to play for the @brisbanelions in 2018.
📝: https://t.co/KWOhyKublx

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 11:06 am

AFL Trade Radio Updates - Friday 6 October

Order of importance for @EssendonFC recruits, @MatthewLloyd18:
1. Devon Smith
2. Adam Saad
3. Jake Stringer
Thoughts?
#NABTRadeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18: I want to know Essendon fans, who is the player of value you can part with to get in Stringer, Saad and Smith?

.@MatthewLloyd18: The Hawks wanted him out. They weren't disappointed at all Brad Hill wanted to leave.

.@kanecornes: I think Adelaide should make a stand and not let Charlie Cameron go.
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18: I feel like Tom Lynch (GCS) just got worn down by the whole situation last year.
#NABTradeRadio

Jason McCartney meeting now with Tom Petroro. Jackson Trengove free agency move going through now.

Paul Connors on Hodge: It's a great story. What a great person he is and Brisbane is a real winner. The Hawks should be praised too

Connors: I think it will be a trade (for Hodge), but we haven't really got to that yet. It's a bit complicated with Rockliff FA stuff

Paul Connors on Andrew Gaff: I know he'll be at the @WestCoastEagles next year
#NABTradeRadio

Connors: I think he'll reflect over the weekend ... He's leaning towards Essendon.
#NABTradeRadio

Connors: We've got faith in the Bombers camp that if Jake did chose Essendon that they could get a deal done
#NABTradeRadio

Connors on Watts: He's just getting his head around that he should look at his options, but it's come pretty quickly to him
#NABTradeRadio

Connors: He (Watts) has got to decide about whether he's open to a move interstate and he'll do that over the weekend
#NABTradeRadio

Connors: There's a bit of interest from Melbourne-based clubs in Jack Watts
#NABTradeRadio

Connors on Aaron Young: I think we can find him a new home. He's such a good person. Whichever club gets him is getting a wonderful person

Connors on Aaron Young: The PAFC is really keen to keep him, but I really commend them for being open to a potential move
#NABTradeRadio

Connors on Crameri: It would be a terrible story if he wasn't on an AFL list next year. He's fit and raring to go
#NABTradeRadio

Connors: Tom Lynch could think of nothing better than playing finals footy for Gold Coast
#NABTradeRadio

Connors: Tom Lynch wants to lead that club and wants to lead them into playing finals footy
#NABTradeRadio

DONE: Western Bulldogs have lodged the paperwork to secure the services of Jackson Trengove as a restricted free agent
#NABTradeRadio

Trengove: The Bulldogs appealed to me as a club and I think I can have an impact there straight away
#NABTradeRadio

Trengove: I was extremely impressed by what Luke Beveridge had to say when I met him. He was terrific
#NABTradeRadio

Trengove: It was tough to leave. Decision was almost made for me when I was dropped for a few games. The timing was right
#NABTradeRadio

Trengove on Impey: He's got a really big decision to make. I've been working on trying to get him to the Dogs!
#NABTradeRadio

Direct Connect GREAT MOVE! @Jacksontrengove has joined the @westernbulldogs from @PAFC on a 4-year deal.
#NABTradeRadio

McCartney on Impey: We like him as a player, but him being in contract means there's a lot to play out still
#NABTradeRadio

McCartney: There is interest in getting Hayden Crozier across to us. He's a player rated highly by our recruiting team #NABTradeRadio

McCartney on Stringer: It's all about getting the right deal. That's the key. We know his talent. We're not giving him away
#NABTradeRadio

Cooney: Would it take a first rounder for you to trade Stringer
McCartney: That's fair to say. And not a late first-rounder either

McCartney on Crameri: He hasn't been offered a contract at this stage. It's awkward but we'll have to wait until after the trade period

McCartney on who he thinks Stringer's preference is: I think the Bombers might be leading the race but we haven't been told yet

McCartney confirms they've also had preliminary discussions with the Cats about Jake Stringer
#NABTradeRadio

Jimmy Bartel believes North Melbourne's Lachie Hansen deserves a spot on a list. Would you like him at your club? #NABTradeRadio

Trengove officially a Dog!
#NABTradeRadio

EXCLUSIVE: @stkildafc has extended Alan Richardson’s contract: https://t.co/lRrn6gxlDW

NEWS | @kanecornes has joined us:
"The Adelaide Football Club are coming hard with a huge financial offer for Steven Motlop"
#NABTradeRadio

NEWS | @cleary_mitch: "Jack Watts will meet with the Geelong Football Club this afternoon"
#NABTradeRadio

Dangerfield on Watts: His best footy is as good as anyone in the competition. I think he has enormous potential
#NABTradeRadio

Another club in for Jack Watts! @cleary_mitch reporting the Cats are now keen: https://t.co/qLHe2m3X7k
Where to for Watts?
#NABTradeRadio

@AFL_PKeane
AFL Trade paperwork update:
PAdel not match WBulldogs' Free Agent offer to JTrengove.
PA to receive rd 2 compo pick, currently #30.
Compensation based contract offer & player age, relative to other AFL players.
Also dependent on whether PAdel now takes in any Free Agents.

@Nick_Bowen
Great news for @NMFCOfficial with Ben Brown re-signing until end of 2020 https://t.co/VeBq19YgNz

NEWS | @barrettdamian: The JLT pre-season comp next year will be just 2 games and then clubs will launch a round-robin AFLX
#NABTradeRadio

Meesen on Saad: Gold Coast's aware that Adam wants to return to Melbourne.
#NABTradeRadio

Meesen on Saad: Essendon's shown significant interest in Adam. Suns are driving talks to make sure get right deal
#NABTradeRadio

Meesen on Saad: The Gold Coast have been well aware of his big family and links back to Melbourne
#NABTradeRadio

Meesen: Gold Coast probably thinks he's a first round pick or a like-for-like player, a top 18 player who is ready to go
#NABTradeRadio

Meesen: There's no animosity with Suns, he's up there on his own. When he's doing Ramadan he's felt very isolated. #NABTradeRadio

Meesen: If all three players (Stringer, Saad, Smith) choose Essendon, Adrian (Dodoro) will have to be creative.
#NABTradeRadio

Meesen: There's things to Adam that he places over footy... faith and family are two of those https://t.co/cqGJbG0Wuo #NABTradeRadio

Young on Cameron: It's really early stages, Charlie met with the club yesterday to advise of his intentions for a trade
#NABTradeRadio

Colin Young: The club Charlie Cameron has chosen is Brisbane
#NABTradeRadio

Young: I'm hoping we're not going to get to the stage where the Crows refuse to trade. He wants to go back to Bris for compassionate reasons

Young: It's fairly simple with Charlie. He wants to live & play in Brisbane. His family & friends are there & that's where he wants to live

Young: Hopefully we can all work together to get a deal done for Charlie in the next two weeks
#NABTradeRadio

Adam Saad may sit out a season of footy if a trade to Victoria can't be worked out #NABTradeRadio https://t.co/3xt1VTxkle

Young: All parties have agreed to do the trades to get Matera and Wilson to the Dockers
#NABTradeRadio

Herald Sun reporting that Aaron Francis has asked to be traded back to South Australia
#NABTradeRadio

Damo: The Crows are handling this Jake Lever situation appallingly
#NABTradeRadio

Graham Wright has confirmed Luke Hodge needs to be either traded to the Lions or go there via the PSD. Can't be Free Agent
#NABTradeRadio

@Nick_Bowen
Sam Gibson, who has the AFL's longest active consecutive games streak, has been delisted by North. Story on https://t.co/uhKzivxFan soon

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sun Oct 08, 2017 10:47 am

Hogan and Tomlinson would work.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:08 am

AFL Trade Updates - Monday 9 October (Day 1 of Trading)

@thelistmanager
Balic worth is very little but worth a punt. As an 18yr old he had good potential.

@PTseros
Josh Schache is off to Melbourne will @Richmond_FC make another play for him? #NABTradeRadio #AFLTrades #AFL #AFLCombine #afltrade

Motlop met with @PAFC yest & will tour @Adelaide_FC tom. Crows have tabled huge offer in the 600’s putting them in the box seat @traderadio

JUST IN | Watts nominates club of preference: McClure | https://t.co/qm21ceeZiu | #TradeSENtral Port Adelaide

[Matthew Lloyd says Watts still weighing up future, no decision for a few days yet.]

.@kanecornes: It's a bit of a slap in the face to Jake Lever to offer a player as flighty as Steve Motlop $600k per season.
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes says it is "crazy" Steve Motlop is being offered $600k per season by Adelaide, as per his report.
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18 says Essendon think they have the means to get deals done for all Stringer, Saad & Smith.
#NABTradeRadio

re Hogan “He isn’t going anywhere” | https://t.co/jRpr0cocdw | #TradeSENtral

.@MatthewLloyd18 on how the Bombers get the 3 S's: Pick 11 > Suns for Saad & pick 19.
19 > Stringer
28 > Devon Smith
#NABTradeRadio

@mickgleeson
Impey nominates Hawks. Contracted but deal likely https://t.co/EBQpI8OybF

The @brisbanelions are open to a trade for Josh Schache.
https://t.co/wncOdf38BU

Trotter: Josh has struggled with a bit of homesickness and not being around his family and friends
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter: I haven't had conversations with clubs so far. It hasn't come about because of significant interest from other clubs
#NABTradeRadio

David Trotter: It was a really mature conversation between David Noble, myself and Josh.
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter: I haven't started conversations at all yet. Hopefully that will start over the next few days
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter on Matt Kennedy: I think SOS and Craig Cameron have had some preliminary chats already. Hopefully not too many complications there

@SamLandsberger
Josh Schache met with Richmond in September. Lions were made aware of meeting. Tigers since won’t pursue, but clubs have long been looking.

Trotter: David Noble actually floated the idea that if something could be done in this period would he want to come home
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter on Schache: He's dropped a few kilos, which I think he's realised he needs to do to get his running back up to where it needs to be.

Cornes: I just don't think the Dogs have a leg to stand on when it comes to Stringer
#NABTradeRadio

Cornes: On purely his playing ability, Stringer is a top 10 pick. But when you weigh everything up, they just have to take what they can get

@TomBrowne7
(1/2) Just on pies money. They had salary space for Devon Smith. So there is some room there. But it's fair to say Hine has them too close
(2/2) to limit given list. That's part of the reason behind changes in list department with Ned Guy concentrating on deals #tomtradeweek

Noble on Schache: We've looked at it & said if it fits for both that's fine, but if not he'll still be a required player
#NABTradeRadio

Scott Clayton on Gary Ablett deal: We're certainly looking forward to seeing what Geelong have to say ... we're here to talk
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton: We haven't even discussed Kurt Tippett. He's contracted to Sydney as far as we know.
#NABTradeRadio

Brad Lloyd on the Jesse Hogan trade: "I wouldn't have thought so."
#NABTradeRadio

Brad Lloyd: Hayden Crozier has communicated through his manager he has an opportunity at the Western Bulldogs.
#NABTradeRadio

Brad Lloyd: No interest in Dan Menzel for Fremantle.
#NABTradeRadio

Wright: Jarman Impey is a priority for us
#NABTradeRadio

"I'll meet with Graham Wright and Hawthorn today and we'll see where that ends up."
Jason Cripps on Jarman Impey: https://t.co/Cch5FiQFlQ

Hawthorn's Graham Wright on Jarman Impey: We haven't spoken to Port Adelaide yet, but we will today and see where in goes.
#NABTradeRadio

GWS says it won't trade Adam Tomlinson despite Victorian interest, not even for Pick 7 or 8, reports @JakeNiallFOX: https://t.co/MtAnlgAwdr

.@sydneyswans Tom Harley on Tippett: He's contracted but we come in with an open mind...but not preempting anything with Kurt
#NABTradeRadio

.@HawthornFC's Graham Wright: Jarman Impey has been a priority for us, so trying to get him through the door will be the priority.

.@HawthornFC's Graham Wright says other than the "priority" of getting Impey into the club they won't be a big player
#NABTradeRadio

What are players worth at the trade table? Gary Buckenara rates this year's top 10 targets https://t.co/AFjSbxT5n6

That Lions pushed Schache into a trade shows they have questions about his competitiveness. Or why trade him now? https://t.co/WjqVaFIP1U

@SamLandsberger
Ricky Nixon makes his return. He’s in the building as an advisor. There you go.

Ricky Nixon is at Trade period using his "25 years of experience" to provide some advice to clubs.
#NABTradeRadio

@SamLandsberger
Will Carlton trade Bryce Gibbs?
Andy McKay says he hasn’t requested a trade yet. Expecting to keep him.
Blues yet to consider Josh Schache

@camluke
Smart by Brisbane to re-sign Schache knowing that he wanted out. Gives them so much more leverage .High draft pick under contract #AFLTrades

.@_DwayneRussell: I'm told that Jack Watts will go to Geelong.
#NABTradeRadio

Our list management team has entered the building at Etihad Stadium. Trade period is underway. Let the games begin! 🔄 #FOREVER

Cameron Joyce (North Melbourne): "We are keen to get elite midfield talent into the club. We have two great picks in the draft"

.@NMFCOfficial's Cameron Joyce: There's no update on Todd Goldstein. He's obviously contracted so no update.
#NABTradeRadio

St Kilda will not pursue Josh Schache, who will explore a trade to a Victorian club, reports @JakeNiallFOX
https://t.co/b874a6lXwe

Joyce: We're keen to get some elite mid talent into our club. There may be something over the next 10 days otherwise we've got 2 great picks

Paddy McCartin will be offered a contract extension, with the club saying he's "off limits" this trade period:
https://t.co/U3TLUtwbtS

@ClarkyHeraldSun
Expect Hayden Crozier to get to the Dogs. Trade request should come through today.
Jake Stringer replacement.
https://t.co/lTI5iidqkn

.@_DwayneRussell: "Either way, Jack Watts will enter a club in the premiership window. Port Adelaide and Geelong"

The @GeelongCats confirm they’re still interested in Jack Watts and Jake Stringer: https://t.co/HuGvvs29C9

.@_DwayneRussell : "Unproven big guys are an interesting commodity in. Footy changes and evolves. It's a worry to invest heavily in them"

Robbie D'Orazio - in the house. Manager of Jake Stringer. Agents only wheeled in at decision time. We'll have the latest on @traderadio

Carlton provide update on Schache and Gibbs | https://t.co/7Qarqz1lon | #TradeSENtral #AFL

Have confirmed key forward Matt Taberner has re-signed with Fremantle for two years https://t.co/dGNxBCfjZa

Knightmare's draft rankings: The @AFL Draft Power Rankings for October are in and @ChrisDoerreESPN says Cameron Rayner still dominates. https://t.co/aEzXGXrgKL

Jake Stringer has nominated Essendon as the team he wants to join in 2018, according to @cleary_mitch

Robb Kerr: "We've just spoken to the Bulldogs and we're confident we can get a deal done."
#NABTradeRadio

Rob Kerr says that pick 11 may have to be used to get the deals done for the Bombers.
#NABTradeRadio

@AFL_JenPhelan
"A little bit of work to do there" with Jake Stringer, says the Bombers. Lunch break starting to take effect here at Etihad.

Rob Kerr on Saad: "We've had a good discussion with the Suns and an offer has been put in place."
#NABTradeRadio

@AFL_JenPhelan
Bombers backing their culture to get Stringer back on track. Believe they'll get a deal done with the Dogs, and they'll keep Francis.

Essendon are not involved in the race for Josh Schache, Rob Kerr.
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch reports that the Bulldogs are starting the talks with Essendon saying they want pick 11 for Stringer.
#NABTradeRadio

.@cleary_mitch "Little interest from SA clubs on Aaron Francis."
#NABTradeRadio

Todd Goldstein is tipped to stay at @NMFCOfficial next year. https://t.co/L2uWrFowd8

Clayton: It's more likely, but there's some work to do yet (on potential Ablett deal)
#NABTradeRadio

Clayton: We spoke confidentially about the Ablett deal with Geelong, and we'll keep it at that
#NABTradeRadio

Bartel on Duncan to the Suns: "That's never going to happen" #NABTradeRadio

Bartel on Cam Guthrie's best position: "I think he's a defender. If I'm running out for the Cats I want him in defence" #NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: The Crows are still asking for two first-round picks for Lever
#NABTradeRadio

Mahoney: Jack is still a chance to stay at Melbourne as well. There's no indication about a club of choice yet
#NABTradeRadio

@SamLandsberger
Adelaide today asked Melbourne for two first-rounders for Lever. Dees want to give 10+27. They say Watts could stay. https://t.co/2C2hnXvSct

Mahoney: We haven't had any discussions about Jesse Hogan
#NABTradeRadio

@Pierik_AgeSport
Scott Clayton says Cats have offered up names to trade for Ablett. Wouldn't disclose. @theagesport @agerealfooty #AFLTrades

Lloyd: Harley Balic would like to return to Victoria
#NABTradeRadio

Reid on Gibbs: "We've moved on from there. He's happy where he is so we'll all move on"
#NABTradeRadio

Reid: We've had good dialogue with Melbourne on Lever
#NABTradeRadio

@SamLandsberger
Crows say Charlie Cameron is a contracted and required player. They have moved past Bryce Gibbs, b/c of his contract https://t.co/2C2hnXvSct

@Nick_Bowen
The ball is clearly in the Brisbane Lions' court to get a deal done for Charlie Cameron after listening to Crows list manager Justin Reid

Gary Buckenara says Jake Stringer could take Bombers to next level.
Plus his take on Smith, Saad & Francis.
MORE: https://t.co/NHnOEOJctE

Bains on Gaff: We were told pretty clearly by WCE he is a required player.
#NABTradeRadio

St Kilda: "I think taking the picks to the draft is more likely" Ameet Bains via @traderadio
#AFL #AFLTrades

@SamLandsberger
An elite midfielder looks unlikely this trade period, but St Kilda could still deal picks 7+8 to try and get even higher up the draft order.

Ameet Bains tells @traderadio nothing has progressed on Tomlinson, flat no from GWS. Conversations around trading 7&8 up

Bains: No one asked specifically about any of our players today. There was a lot of shadow boxing among the clubs.
#NABTradeRadio

.@CalTwomey says that a smokey from the draft combine could be Tom McCartin, the younger brother of Paddy.
#NABTradeRadio [Birthday 2 days short of being in the next draft, so younger]

.@CalTwomey "McCartin has demolished defenders in the TAC Cup this year. Could go higher than we thought."
#NABTradeRadio

Tigers announce three delistings: Steven Morris, Todd Elton and Taylor Hunt @AFLcomau

.@thelistmanager: "If anyone says that the trade period isn't important, just look at Richmond last year."
#NABTradeRadio

Gary Buckenara on what Essendon should give up for Stringer, Devon Smith, Adam Saad + why they're on cusp of a flag https://t.co/esTr9UF5Od

.@thelistmanager: "Seven players at their second clubs have won best and fairest awards this season."
#NABTradeRadio

Wright: We're rapt that Jarman wants to come to us. I think they're open to him exploring his options
#NABTradeRadio

Wright on Impey: We chatted to the Power today and we don't think there will be too many difficulties getting it done
#NABTradeRadio

Hawthorn: "More likely to be a draft pick" Graham Wright on trading for Jarman Impey via @traderadio
#AFL #AFLTrades

Wright: Jarman has been our focus over the last month or so
#NABTradeRadio

Wright: Duryea was always keen to stay. He signed a one-year deal late last week
#NABTradeRadio

Wright on Vickery: He'll absolutely be on the Hawks list next year
#NABTradeRadio

.@GoldCoastSUNS list manager Scott Clayton has conceded @GaryAblettJnr could get his wish: https://t.co/6iQXuXkd9Q

Wright on Hartung: There's been a little bit of interest in him. He's out of contract. At this stage we haven't offered him anything

Wright on Hartung: We're in a situation where we're probably going to wait and see where it sits next week
#NABTradeRadio

Wright: We didn't ask the question on Gaff this year
#NABTradeRadio

Taylor Duryea has recommitted to @HawthornFC. https://t.co/33EJObCcsD

Callum Brown rated elite for pressure acts per game for a mid-fwd and ranked equal 1st in the AFL alongside Kane Lambert. @CollingwoodFC

Brendon Ah Chee nominates West Coast. Could be a handy pick-up, 17 goals in 27 games for Port. https://t.co/OM4LkXHsAS

Ox on what Schache is worth: "A late first round pick"
He thinks Collingwood's Pick 6 for Schache and Pick 18 is a fair trade
#TradeSENtral

Take me back: Jimmy Bartel talks of sensational AFL comeback in 2018.
https://t.co/pjrZmNkrse

The Bombers have picked up 202cm cricketer Luke Lavender as a category B rookie. https://t.co/se4eUOqxET

Cameron on Devon Smith: We've had a few discussions with the Bombers so far
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron says the club's thought process on Devon Smith's value is around a first round pick
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron on Nathan Wilson: I see his value as something inside the top 20
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron on Matt Kennedy: I don't think that trade will be a difficult one to get done
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron on Adam Tomlinson: He's contracted & we want him to stay, so he'll be a Giant. But there is a lot of interest in him
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron on Mumford: My understanding is he's seen a specialist and we're awaiting a final report on that
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron on Mumford: I think we'll know within a week where we sit with him
#NABTradeRadio

Cameron on Griffen: We think he's a really important player for us. We missed him this year and we're looking forward to having him back

@TheRunHome
Huddo on Schache: "Not a lot of clubs today showed a lot of interest in him, to the level that Brisbane want"

Plough: Imagine the Crows having picks 10 (Lever), 12 (Cameron) and 16 and then going to the marketplace? It could be huge
#NABTradeRadio

.@thelistmanager:
Tigers could've won the flag without Prestia, they could've won without Caddy.
They couldn't have won without Nankervis

Hawk Billy Hartung faces a nervous fortnight as he waits for a new contract.
TRADE DAILY: https://t.co/eHpbS9RYvP

Coach "staggered" if Pies don't add father-son | https://t.co/6NxUCo2I3N | @SENfooty

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Mon Oct 09, 2017 6:05 pm; edited 29 times in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 7:13 am

And crazy Steve Motlop is being offered $600k per season by Adelaide as per his report is @kanecornes says it.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 8:33 am

Is this a possibility?

6 for Schache 199cm/96kg (pick #2 in 2015 and played only 27 games) and 18.

18 and future second rounder for Tomlinson 194cm/97kg (pick #9 in 2011 and played 91 games).

Draft with 36, 54 and 59.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 09, 2017 10:07 am

Just worth recapping our out-of-contract players:

Blair
Sinclair
Ramsay
Sier
Wills (offered extension to 2019)
Smith
Keeffe (in discussions)

plus rookies

McCarthy
Schade
Mackie
Lynch (?)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 10, 11, 12 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 11 of 16   

Jump to: