Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Mighty Magpie's Offseason Trade and List Management Blog

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 5:48 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Ben Kennedy delisted by Melbourne.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 10:49 am

AFL Trade Radio Updates - Tuesday 3 October

.@kanecornes: "I'm a bit concerned about the Giants ... If they get injuries. 15-30 on their list I'm not sure they're at the standard."

.@MatthewLloyd18: "I've come up with four names that could satisfy Gold Coast. Wylie Buzza, Sam Menegola, Jake Kolodjashnij or Cam Guthrie."

.@kanecornes on Port Adelaide: "They are expecting a decision from Tom Rockliff on Thursday."

.@kanecornes: Have we seen the best of T.Hawkins?
@MatthewLloyd18: "I think we have... needs to become more agile to survive"
#NABTradeRadio

.@MatthewLloyd18 on Blake Caracella: "Tactically he is amazingly strong. He reads the games so well."
#NABTradeRadio

.@kanecornes on Sloane: "My feeling is that if there was a significant offer from Vic, I think he would look at it because of family ties."

.@cleary_mitch reporting that Blake Caracella is now a front man for the Gold Coast coaching job. #NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell on Greene: "I'm a massive fan of Toby Greene. I'd love to have him at my club." #NABTradeRadio

.@_DwayneRussell: "I'd bet my house on Sloane being at Adelaide next year" #NABTradeRadio

We'll take the Jack Watts press conference live shortly!#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: "You'd think Tom Rockliff would let the Lions know in the next 48hrs his intentions" #NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17 on Melbourne: "Gaff would certainly suit their needs but their priority is Lever" #NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17 on Jackson Trengove: "If it's a four year deal you'd think the compensation would be in the 30s" #NABTradeRadio

.@JackWatts4: "Yeah a little bit surprised (when Goodwin spoke to him) ... still trying to get my head around it."
#NABTradeRadio

.@JackWatts4: "Whatever happens I'll put my head down and give it my best shot.I'm super confident of playing great footy wherever that is."

.@JackWatts4: "I feel like I've got the best in front of me."
#NABTradeRadio

Paul Connors: "He's contracted, so he can stay if he wants to. That's his prerogative."
#NABTradeRadio

Paul Connors: "Goodwin sat down with Jack and spoke to him. We can't fault Melbourne throughout the whole process."
#NABTradeRadio

Paul Connors on Jake Stringer: "I don't think he's finding it that great at all ... but we've got to remember he's 22."
#NABTradeRadio

.@Adamcooney17: "I'd love to see Gaff at Carlton. He fills a hole there and adds a different element for their outside run." #NABTradeRadio

Matthew Kennedy has just requested a trade to @CarltonFC. Story on https://t.co/uhKzivxFan soon

Watts: “I see a really strong future for the Demons and it would be disappointing to miss out on that.” More here: https://t.co/MmCa2zgKsI

.@barrettdamian tells us Steven Motlop has today toured @GoldCoastSUNS

.@barrettdamian: "Motlop's manager (Alex McDonald) is also up on the Gold Coast today."

AUDIO | @barrettdamian joined us to discuss Motlop touring Gold Coast. United with mate Steven May?

https://t.co/V4ns2j17uG #NABTradeRadio

David Trotter: "We can confirm Matt Kennedy has requested a trade to @CarltonFC"
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter: "Schache won't leave from my point of view. It's all external."
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter: "My conversation with Josh is looking forward to a good pre-season."
#NABTradeRadio

Trotter: "McCluggage always wanted to wait until the end of his first year."
#NABTradeRadio

Trengove: "Ready for a new challenge. Now is just a wait-and-see period."
#NABTradeRadio

Jack Trengove: "Clubs will reassess where their lists sit & that's where I come in."
#NABTradeRadio

Fogarty: "The meniscus operation went well and I'm back running now."
#NABTradeRadio

Fogarty: "The meniscus operation went well and I'm back running now."
#NABTradeRadio

Star SA Darcy Fogarty on his best position at AFL level: "I'd like to move into the midfield as my career progresses" #NABTradeRadio

Power: "Davies-Uniacke's games this year have been better than anyone else in the draft."
#NABTradeRadio

Power: "Stephenson played as a forward and showed he could go onto the wing and find it."
#NABTradeRadio

.@barrettdamian: Importantly, there are now two bidders for Motlop in the Suns and Power. That works well for Motlop and the Cats

Our first List Management segment coming up later this afternoon.....on Collingwood! @thelistmanager #NABTradeRadio

BREAKING: Jake Lever requests a trade away from @Adelaide_FC.
#NABTradeRadio to a "Victorian Club".

PODCAST | @thelistmanager takes a look at the list of the @CollingwoodFC https://t.co/tOjiq7Sss2
#NABTradeRadio[/b]

.@barrettdamian: "For the 4th year in #NABTradeRadio, Matthew Lobbe's name has come up, linked to Brisbane."

Burton: We're obviously extremely disappointed that Jake has decided he wants to go back to Victoria. We'll do what's best for our club

Burton: We knew over the last few weeks of his intentions, and only recently his intentions to go to @melbournefc
#NABTradeRadio

Burton: Anyone who wants to trade for Jake Lever, we're open to having those discussions
#NABTradeRadio

Burton: Our offer was very lucrative. If we matched the offer he's got from the Demons, he would have been the highest paid at our club

Burton: We're not aware of any personal reasons for Cameron wanting to leave. He's contracted to our club
#NABTradeRadio

Burton on Gibbs: He's contracted at the Blues. Unless that position changes with the Blues, he'll be playing there in 2018
#NABTradeRadio

Burton on Sloane: We're in the silly season now. All rumours get thrown up. We're very comfortable with where Sloaney is at
#NABTradeRadio

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:44 pm; edited 5 times in total
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 2:48 pm

COMING UP AT 3PM Eastern Summer Time:

Our first List Management segment coming up later this afternoon.....on Collingwood! @thelistmanager

#NABTradeRadio

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:00 pm

BREAKING: Jake Lever requests a trade away from @Adelaide_FC to a "Victorian Club".

Separate reports that he has stated a preference for Melbourne FC (per Nick Bowen).

Last edited by MightyMagpie on Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:34 pm; edited 1 time in total
Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:26 pm

This seems like a good time to say thanks for all your contributions M M.
Much appreciated by many, I'm sure.
Cheers.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:43 pm

Just doing some research and this has blown me away ... Richmond were 18th for Effective Disposal Efficiency @ 70.2%. We were equal 7th @ 73.4%. Hawks top on 76.4%.

Richmond were only 6th for average Contested Possessions and we were 7th so I'm not sure that a pressure contest game style explains it.

Thoughts?

PS Adam Saad went at 82.5%.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 3:47 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
COMING UP AT 3PM Eastern Summer Time:

Our first List Management segment coming up later this afternoon.....on Collingwood! @thelistmanager

#NABTradeRadio

Hopefully one of these podcast links works ...

NAB AFL Trade Radio: The List Manager - Collingwood
https://overcast.fm/+gNR9nQn0

PODCAST | @thelistmanager takes a look at the list of the @CollingwoodFC

https://t.co/tOjiq7Sss2

#NABTradeRadio

K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:24 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Just doing some research and this has blown me away ... Richmond were 18th for Effective Disposal Efficiency @ 70.2%. We were equal 7th @ 73.4%. Hawks top on 76.4%.

Richmond were only 6th for average Contested Possessions and we were 7th so I'm not sure that a pressure contest game style explains it.

Thoughts?

And what about the sames stats, but just for September, i.e. all the finalists/finals?

I'd be interested to know those.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:41 pm

K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Thoughts?

And what about the sames stats, but just for September, i.e. all the finalists/finals?

Richmond
GF 67.9% (Adel 72.3%)
PF 67.6% (GWS 70.2%)
FW1 58.4% (Gee 62.1%)

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:43 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:

Thoughts?

PS Adam Saad went at 82.5%.

Obviously a successful finals campaign is the sum of all parts.

They are surprising numbers but the stat that might explain ( or not ) a part measure of their success, may be the percentage of time the ball was spent in their own forward line compared to the opposition.
The Dogs broke all records for that stat in last years finals series and they just worked the ball into their own 50 and then kept pressuring the opposition until they coughed it up. It became the blue print.

I don't know the Tigers numbers but I imagine they would be right up there on that stat ( lm a big boy, I can cop being wrong )
I imagine they just push the ball forward without the need for much precision and then their small forwards work particularly hard to lock it in until they score.

We are caught up in the need for a KPF at Collingwood but if he ain't capable of offering repeat pressure efforts at ground level, then their value is diminished in the modern game.

The Tigers will be picked apart by opposition coaches but whether other teams have the small pressure forwards at their disposal, is the big question.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:46 pm

Thanks for all the updates MM Smile
K 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:53 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Thoughts?

Richmond
GF 67.9% (Adel 72.3%)
PF 67.6% (GWS 70.2%)
FW1 58.4% (Gee 62.1%)

Thanks. Interesting. They were pretty much equal to their opponents in that regard during the finals, then.
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:59 pm

K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:
K wrote:
MightyMagpie wrote:

Thoughts?

Richmond
GF 67.9% (Adel 72.3%)
PF 67.6% (GWS 70.2%)
FW1 58.4% (Gee 62.1%)

Thanks. Interesting. They were pretty much equal to their opponents in that regard during the finals, then.

Not picking a fight, but that wouldn't be my take .... Richmond still 3-5% below opponent in each game. Difference between best and worst for the season was only 6.2%.

MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 7:43 pm

Updated draft order: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-01/indicative-draft-order-post-grand-final
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 8:32 pm

MightyMagpie wrote:
Updated draft order: http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-10-01/indicative-draft-order-post-grand-final

So we have one good pick at number 6 and a fair pick at 36.
The others are hale mary picks. Not much for finishing 13th.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 9, 10, 11 ... 14, 15, 16  Next
Page 10 of 16   

Jump to: