Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Roos maybe to Pies

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 1 Guest
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
pav 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:04 pm
Post subject: Roos maybe to PiesReply with quote

http://www.espn.com.au/afl/story/_/id/20449842/afl-front-centre-paul-roos-join-nathan-buckley-collingwood

Any more info on this?
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:18 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Can live with that.

Don't want him as head coach for a few years with a handover.

The role that MM agreed on originally.

Good idea if true.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:23 pm

Coach's mentor was one of the positions leaked from the meeting earlier in the week, so seems possible. Though the speculation is probably based on that.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:54 pm

Roos is boring, self-centred, and out of touch with the modern game. Don't want him. I can barely cope with listening to him as a commnentator, God help the players if he is appointed.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 11:55 pm

Oh you can, can you?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 6:11 am

Yeah I think Roos is pretty vanilla too, but he knows what he is doing. First which the Swans and then with Melbourne. I'd take this deal in a heart beat. And keeping Buckley with it. My feeling has been Bucks is missing a vital ingredient in coaching, being able to see outside his own thinking. I reckon Roos would fill that gap. And more. And if Bucks is big enough to accept it, I'll back him all the way to the finals next year. Let's hope this one is true.
The Boy Who Cried Wolf 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 8:10 am

think positive wrote:
Yeah I think Roos is pretty vanilla too, but he knows what he is doing. First which the Swans and then with Melbourne. I'd take this deal in a heart beat. And keeping Buckley with it. My feeling has been Bucks is missing a vital ingredient in coaching, being able to see outside his own thinking. I reckon Roos would fill that gap. And more. And if Bucks is big enough to accept it, I'll back him all the way to the finals next year. Let's hope this one is true.

It's just about the only scenario imo, where there could possibly be a reconciliatory 'peace/cease fire' between the two opposed camps. But there would have to be results.

droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:09 am

The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
think positive wrote:

It's just about the only scenario imo, where there could possibly be a reconciliatory 'peace/cease fire' between the two opposed camps. But there would have to be results.

There are some who will settle for nothing less than seeing Bucks stood before a firing squad and executed.
FACT.
Some have been after his blood since before he even took the reins as senior head coach and have a clear agenda.
BUT.
The moderates amongst us can see past our own petty egos and wish the best for the club despite our own opinions.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:13 am

That's all I have to say about it.
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:05 am

All the footy world comments on Buck my way only style and although not privy to being involved in player to coach discussions this could well be his failing

But there have been times when he has tried a move and it went long way to a win

Two yrs back a game against Cats he threw young DeGioey in mid and we romped it it

Yesterday a move with Maynard --maybe he should be more adventurous in his coaching taking good suggestions from fellow coach,s

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 10:16 am

Spot on Baz but we don't need Roos to provide input to Buckley's coaching. Look forward to reading Roos's new book, but I hope my only connection to Roos is through his writing and not as a member of the coaching staff at Collingwood.
glasseyevfx 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 11:47 am

Roos would be a coup as a mentor. I think there are fewer great coaches than people think . Its the Sheedy's, Mark Thompsons, Mick Malthouses we need to develop; People with long term success that isn't attributed to swooping into a team on the verge of a premiership. At the end of the day the coach only contributes so much to a premiership - lots depends on list, relationships and luck. I always remember Tony Shaw saying that his last year was probably his most effective year as coach - coaches have a different life cycle to players.
As long as Buckley has the drive and passion, retains the respect of his players I think he stays.
I believe the team is coming up - next couple of years is finals and with that he will see an extension.
Buckley is here to stay

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:50 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
The Boy Who Cried Wolf wrote:
think positive wrote:

There are some who will settle for nothing less than seeing Bucks stood before a firing squad and executed.
FACT.
Some have been after his blood since before he even took the reins as senior head coach and have a clear agenda.
BUT.
The moderates amongst us can see past our own petty egos and wish the best for the club despite our own opinions.

And those of us who are no longer so sure Buckley is the man for the job can see past our own egos too, rather than blindly following the leader! Take a look in the mirror, or maybe just avoid adding an inflammatory remark where none is necessary. Your post adds absolutely nothing to th conversation.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: