Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:55 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win despite some more atrocious umpiring. Those mongrels tried hard to take it off us but we prevailed.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:00 pm

To get one thing straight Melbourne are no ordinary side. We beat a final eight team today by being brave and not allowing Melbourne's greater weight of numbers to wear us down by the end of the game. Hardly ideal having to play our best player on the half back line when your options are limited with the amount of injuries we have. Maynard into the centre was one of the moves Nicks has been calling for all year and Goldsack into the forward line to apply defensive pressure was a telling factor in the win. Goodwin had a loaded deck of cards to play and he couldn't find a winning card to play (Hogan being injured didn't help him). Winning is all that matters. Melbourne's dejected faces in the rooms at the end of the game is like us looking into a mirror when we allow sentiment to get the better of sound judgement. Aish and Broomhead haven't done much yet but they represent class and it's class that defeats top eight sides, not plodders who love the club and give 100%. Kirby, Brown and Daicos didn't do a lot either but they are the future of this club and when we finally get our selection right and play the players we need to play to beat the top sides, then we can look to a bright future, a future that will become even brighter if we find a tall forward to help Moore out.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:07 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
it's class that defeats top eight sides, not plodders who love the club and give 100%. .

Who do you put in this category?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:18 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
it's class that defeats top eight sides, not plodders who love the club and give 100%. .

Do you want it spelt out to you (the two who were dropped this week)?
MightyMagpie 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:19 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Great win, when you consider it was a dead rubber for us and we were missing at least 7 of our best players - Pendles, Wells, De Goey, Fasolo, Greenwood, Reid and Varcoe - while the Dees were playing for a finals berth.

It was pleasing to see a lot of coaching creativity, playing Maynard on the ball (a promise of things to come perhaps?), starting Grundy up forward and even throwing Moore to defence late in the game.

Anyway by my reckoning we've improved by around 15 % on last year, with 9 1/2 wins compared to only 8 last year. Say what you like about Bucks, but he's had the boys playing their hearts out all year. It was a good win to finish off the season and should give us hope for a much better season next year. Go Pies!

Agree with all this except that you are selling us one win short for last year Rudey.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:23 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
Great win, when you consider it was a dead rubber for us and we were missing at least 7 of our best players - Pendles, Wells, De Goey, Fasolo, Greenwood, Reid and Varcoe - while the Dees were playing for a finals berth.

It was pleasing to see a lot of coaching creativity, playing Maynard on the ball (a promise of things to come perhaps?), starting Grundy up forward and even throwing Moore to defence late in the game.

Anyway by my reckoning we've improved by around 15 % on last year, with 9 1/2 wins compared to only 8 last year. Say what you like about Bucks, but he's had the boys playing their hearts out all year. It was a good win to finish off the season and should give us hope for a much better season next year. Go Pies!

It's just a 5.6% improvement...1/2 a game....and still missing the finals.

so yeah....go us!!!! Yay!!!
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:24 pm

PS, there is no doubt that Eddies kids and Darcy Moore have at least one common parent.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:28 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:

Thanks. Yes, I did need it spelt out for me - I thought you may have been
talking about certain players out there today. Very Happy I certainly agree with you on the ones that were omitted for this this week.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:37 pm

I commented last week that team could accommodate Grundy Cox
Moore. First 2 swapping ruck and forward and Moore back or around ground like his father. All flexible, talented athletes. Remember?? That's what happened today and Bingo. Me new coach assistant in 2018. 😜👍😄

ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:37 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Thanks. Yes, I did need it spelt out for me - I thought you may have been
talking about certain players out there today. Very Happy I certainly agree with you on the ones that were omitted for this this week.

Smith shows enormous promise - just needs a bit more time.

courtza 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:40 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
PS, there is no doubt that Eddies kids and Darcy Moore have at least one common parent.

Something definately going on there

Great win fellas, even more impressive with the team we had out there.

Bucks and the boys have kept a real positive vibe all the way under extreme external pressure. Most of the so called experts are even calling for a new contract.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 pm

I took some time out after the game to reflect and then watch the game over straight away (god I love Foxtel IQ) from half time onwards

Firstly let me say this we have had nothing to play for the past month really. Yes we were a mathematical chance to play finals before that but for a month we weren't. We played 4 teams who needed to win to keep there finals hopes alive or keep there place in the 8 or top 4
We should have won all 4 games but didn't but our players never once turned it up and look like,they didn't care about the results.
They showed they had personal pride in the performance and more importantly pride in the jumper.
This was done without Pendles (our best player) Wells who proved when he's in the team we are a much better side, Varcoe who is easily in our best 22, Grundy rubbed out for 2 weeks, no Greenwood, DeGoey missed a couple after being in career best form and some very ordinary umpiring performances.
Adams talk after the game showed exactly why he's the next captain of this club. His form without Pendles has gone to a new level.

Ok today's game.
Today we played a team no hasn't played finals for 10 years and have been built up by the media as the next big thing coming. They had every reason today to win and really needed to win.
The coach actually did some really good things today. I've said for a bit maybe Maynard should play in the middle (like a few others had) today he did and when he was in the middle we controlled the tempo and our pressure rate was far better.
Cox showed that he can play in the same team as Grundy and Moore and not look out of place. In fact all 3 are different and play different roles.
Grundy forward today made some good decisions and looked dangerous. I gave both Cox & Grundy votes on the back of how important they were to us winning.
WHE is showing why he was so highly rated as a junior. He is a star in the making
Elliott's first half was amazing and showed why he's so important to our chances of winning each week.
Overall was hard to decide on 5 players for votes in the GB medal which I reckon is a good sign of a team who shared the workload around
The coach made several tactical moves today some worked some didn't but overall he tried things and that's a positive sign.
Just for arguments sake 9.5 wins for the season is a improvement on the previous year (just) but the most telling stat is our average losing margin for the season is 19 points per lose. Yes just over 3 goals a lose which says with any luck or some better execution we could have easily and most likely should have won at least 4 of those games and more likely 6.
It could have easily been a 13.5 win season which would have had us in the top 4 so we were our own worst enemy in many aspects.
We aren't as far off finals as some may think.
But we need to fix several factors
We need to execute in front of goal better each week
We need to improve our overall disposal eff by 5-10%
We need to settle on a best 22 and stick with it each week to build cohesion making maybe 1 or 2 at most changes each week depending on who we play and were we play them
Finally we need to be more tactically active on game day.
I can't remember who posted it earlier but they said get the absolute best assistants out there surround Buckley with everything he needs and screw the rich tax we can afford to pay it.

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:44 pm; edited 1 time in total
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:42 pm

courtza wrote:
[quote="What'sinaname"]PS, there is no doubt that Eddies kids and Darcy Moore have at least one common parent.[/quote]

Something definately going on there

Great win fellas, even more impressive with the team we had out there.

Bucks and the boys have kept a real positive vibe all the way under extreme external pressure. Most of the so called experts are even calling for a new contract.
Vibrating how, specifically?
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 7:47 pm

More than just the win to like today, lots of character and commitment to the jumper and one would think the coach, And as for the coach I think he got the best out of what he had to work with today. A lot of juggling that paid off. They got the tempo thing right at the end when Melbourne were going flat out and desperate. Sidebottom called that at precoisely the right time. Elliot was playing his heart out all day and others were too. The most pleasing aspect was they really worked for one another to hold the line. Felt sorry for Kayle he just isn't match ready but also didn't get many great opportunities. I think he's too happy to play from behind. To hold on with Brown Daicos and Kirby playing against a seasoned team was fantastic. The psychological value of the game is enormous. All you have to do is think Pendlebury Reid De Goey Wells Greenwood Varcoe. I thought Broomhead and Aish didn't quite stack up.
Very enjoyable day at the G. I have been equivocal about the coach but on that performance I would give him the benefit of the doubt. Two years.

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 8:06 pm

My Melbourne supporting friends tell me they did for Bucks Laughing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 4 of 7   

Jump to: