Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Great win and a lot to look forward to.

Manyard into the midfield, watch out Dusty there's a new bull in town

Moore to the backline in the final quarter. Composure

Cox and Grundy giving Gawn a hiding. Yeah, gawn got more hitouts but few to advantageand was soundly beaten around the ground by both of them. 6 shots at goal between the two ruckmen, Cox has learned how to take a contested mark, damn when he went up in the Forward line I was nearly like Connor McGregor at the weigh in.

Learning how to control the pace of the game. This was against a team that was in 7th spot needing to win to clinch a finals spot, and we beat them with a number of automatic selections out of the team.

I'm glad the season is over, I've had a gutfull of all the drama about Buckley, if he's reappointed I hope we can give the sh1t a rest next season.

Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:57 pm

Collingwood 14.15.99
Melbourne 12.11.83

Goals: Elliott 3, Cox, Phillips, H-E 2, Adams, Daics, Grundy, Broomy, Sidey

Disposals: Adams 28, Treloar, Sidey, Maynard, Phillips 23, H-E, Grundy, Howe 20, Aish, Brown, Broomy, Elliott 19, Crisp 18, Langdon 17, Shaz 16, Thomas 14, Moore 15, Dunn, Daics 12,

DE%: Moore 93.3, Howe 85. Aish 84.2, Dunn 83.3, Langdon 82.4

AF points: H-E 118, Phillips 115, Elliott 107, Grundy 104, Maynard, Adams 97

Crowd: 51,223

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:06 pm

Felt today's game was more of a team win than any other. No absolute standout player except for Elliott's amazing first half.

It was nice to see the Grundy/Cox combination actually work for once. If it's going to be used this is how it will need to be done, with both playing significant time in the ruck and up forward. For that to happen Cox is going to have to get to a high enough level to make a sharing arrangement worthwhile.

Another very good game from WHE. He's been an excellent signing for us and exactly the type we needed.

Of the rookies: Callum clearly played his best game, doing more as it went on, though had no great impact. Daicos had some clean touches and has really shown potential in his two games. Looks the best prospect so far. Whereas Kirby gave us very little and I think the selectors have been proven right again.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:08 pm

stui magpie wrote:

Learning how to control the pace of the game. This was against a team that was in 7th spot needing to win to clinch a finals spot, and we beat them with a number of automatic selections out of the team.

I'm glad the season is over, I've had a gutfull of all the drama about Buckley, if he's reappointed I hope we can give the sh1t a rest next season.

For sure Stui. All excellent points. We've found out a lot about our youngsters this season and how valuable they can be..

Yes... if Bucks is re-appointed, it has to be for at least two years, so that next season we can all just get behind our team and forget about all the angst for a while.... one season at least, just to enjoy supporting Collingwood.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:12 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

For sure Stui. All excellent points. We've found out a lot about our youngsters this season and how valuable they can be..

Yes... if Bucks is re-appointed, it has to be for at least two years, so that next season we can all just get behind our team and forget about all the angst for a while.... one season at least, just to enjoy supporting Collingwood.

Too many specimens with agendas on these boards - will never happen.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:19 pm

droversdog65 wrote:

Such a shame isn't droversdog. I reckon that for about 48 years I've been proud to be a Collingwood supporter, but the last two years have been hell. That awesome feeling of being a part of a tribe that would support our boys through thick and thin, come what may, it was magic, but has been sorely tested in recent years.
Ah well, don't know any other way of supporting my team, so I'll stick to backing them all the way. Wins like today make up for the disappointments.
Pa Marmo 

Side by Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Thoroughly enjoyed watching that with my demon supporting dear old dad, lol. He was truly pissed at the end, thought he was going to kick me out. Now get on and announce Bucks reappointment and lets get to drafting or trading for something good. BRING on 2018.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:21 pm

Wow, just watched the Daicos goal and reaction, love it

Well done boys, well done Buckley

Pies2016 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:25 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:
Nice to take a bit of joy into the off-season. To send the Dees fans into a state of panic all day long was great to watch. Doubt the Eagles will beat Adelaide by 5 goals but you never know.

We will never know if the win meant anything in terms of team improvement as there is no next week and did the Dees under-estimate us or develop a bout of stage fright? We looked great at times and ordinary at times, we got out to a lead and nearly blew it again. We looked like it was going to happen in the last but we managed to keep them at bay which was good to see. We did control the last 5 minutes and weren't still trying to go helter skelter at all costs. Next year I want to see a team using their brains a lot more, showing judgement around when and how to change the tempo of a game, start to look in control of what of happening out there. That and skill execution improvement obviously.

EAD Demons, you are still a shit club going nowhere. Time to start talking trades & draft then??? Cool

That improvement has been evident for over a month. This game was very similar to those against the Cats and Crows. Only difference is we held on to the win this time. The signs have definitely been promising.

We did just hold on in this game, but it was heading in the same direction as both the Cats and Crows games, so I am not sure if that constitutes real improvement. We held on and I am thankful for that but.... If we were to go on with it over the next few games and have some convincing victories then that would be a show of improvement. My point was that the season is over and we now have to wait 7 month to find out what we have coming next.

The one thing I would add, is that when you are playing three nineteen year olds with about 7 games between them, you aren't likely to be running out to many games, full stop. My take was that we did pretty well to hang on.
They had more to play for and more mature bodies than us today.
I'm very pleased with that win.
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:37 pm

No easy draw next year and we made the Dees look the average team that they are. Crows will win so the Dees will play one more week of footy.

Note: Langdon hasn't skipped a beat since he has come back from injury and I don't know whether the opposition rate him as he doesn't get the defensive forward on him. Doesn't have that blistering pace but reads the play well.

As for Buckley, surround him with the best like the Hawks do and screw paying the penalty for spending overs. We can afford it.
droversdog65 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:37 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:

Such a shame isn't droversdog. I reckon that for about 48 years I've been proud to be a Collingwood supporter, but the last two years have been hell. That awesome feeling of being a part of a tribe that would support our boys through thick and thin, come what may, it was magic, but has been sorely tested in recent years.
Ah well, don't know any other way of supporting my team, so I'll stick to backing them all the way. Wins like today make up for the disappointments.

Just a little maturity and balanced consideration reveals that the AFL has control and is enforcing the merry go round of finals aspirations - despite how well or poorly a club is governed - AFL policy will determine their access to talent and draw opportunities.
Anyone who fondly imagines we support a sport and not an 'entertainment' is kidding themselves bigtime lol
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Larabee wrote:
Awesome effort and result.

3- Elliot
2- Sidey
1- Cox

2 for Sidey?? What planet are you from??

slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:42 pm

Nice way to finish the season.
WHE very good. He has class which we have lacked of late.
Overall, we played well, Dees were really poor.

A season of should'ves, could'ves, didnts

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:44 pm

Great win, when you consider it was a dead rubber for us and we were missing at least 7 of our best players - Pendles, Wells, De Goey, Fasolo, Greenwood, Reid and Varcoe - while the Dees were playing for a finals berth.

It was pleasing to see a lot of coaching creativity, playing Maynard on the ball (a promise of things to come perhaps?), starting Grundy up forward and even throwing Moore to defence late in the game.

Anyway by my reckoning we've improved by around 15 % on last year, with 9 1/2 wins compared to only 8 last year. Say what you like about Bucks, but he's had the boys playing their hearts out all year. It was a good win to finish off the season and should give us hope for a much better season next year. Go Pies!
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 6:47 pm

droversdog65 wrote:

Just a little maturity and balanced consideration reveals that the AFL has control and is enforcing the merry go round of finals aspirations - despite how well or poorly a club is governed - AFL policy will determine their access to talent and draw opportunities.
Anyone who fondly imagines we support a sport and not an 'entertainment' is kidding themselves bigtime lol

Droversdog, are you a long timer Collingwood supporter? I have the feeling you are.
So, you are completely disillusioned about the state of the game?
Do you believe that supporting a team has no happy ending, because the AFL ultimately control the outcome?
I would truly like to know your opinion, because if it's all "rigged", then I would like to save myself the emotional suffering involved in supporting a team through everything. Very Happy
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 3 of 7   

Jump to: