Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies dump Dees - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 14.15.99
Melbourne 12.11.83

Goals: Elliott 3, Cox, Phillips, H-E 2, Adams, Daics, Grundy, Broomy, Sidey

Disposals: Adams 28, Treloar, Sidey, Maynard, Phillips 23, H-E, Grundy, Howe 20, Aish, Brown, Broomy, Elliott 19, Crisp 18, Langdon 17, Shaz 16, Thomas 14, Moore 15, Dunn, Daics 12,

DE%: Moore 93.3, Howe 85. Aish 84.2, Dunn 83.3, Langdon 82.4

AF points: H-E 118, Phillips 115, Elliott 107, Grundy 104, Maynard, Adams 97

Crowd: 51,223

Let's hear ya !!

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy

Last edited by Donny on Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:35 pm; edited 1 time in total
PiesFan 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:33 pm

What was really pleasing to see was some creativity with the line up. I liked shifting Goldsack forward for additional fwd 50 pressure to cover any fitness deficits from the new lads. Liked seeing Grundy start up forward, WHE on half back and Maynard on ball. Those 3 moves in particular led to our first few goals. Also good to see moves being made when we lost momentum and tried to regain it i.e. Adams back to halfback, Moore loose man, Scharenberg pushed fwd.

Not all of it necessarily worked all the time - but that was beside the point. Was refreshing and entertaining to watch which is something that has been lacking this year. Well done pies!
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:34 pm

Damien wrote:
[quote="Piesnchess"]AND in the other game thread I did tip us to win by 16 points, shoulda put a bit of coin on it ![/quote]

I took the under 25 pts at $5.00 and the 25pts+ at $7.50. Also a cheeky fiver on Coxy to kick the first goal in the lat qtr. happy days.
Happy days to you too, Damien.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:36 pm

We have a list to be very excited about. I think we saw today what's possible next year between Grundy and Cox rotating at FF. I would have loved to have seen the players get Bux into the circle for the song if they seriously want him there next year. Time will tell.
Invigoration 

PyreneesPie wrote:
Absolutely Fantastic!!!
No Wells, Varcoe, De Goey, Greenwood, Pendles and we hang on. Congratulations to our boys and their coach!!!
I agree with you Mudlark - so many great tackles that went unrewarded.
I am so, so happy for our boys. Tay spoke so passionately after the win. Next captain for sure.

Was great wasn't it. Got the feeling the group would be pretty shattered if Bucks wasn't re-signed.

AN_Inkling 

A fantastic win. Hung on against a desperate opposition.

We've finished the season really well, it's just a pity we couldn't hold on for wins against the Crows and Cats. The fact that we ran out the season and didn't fade away despite injuries is a real credit to our fitness and depth.

We are clearly very close to making finals and competing again This is why Buckley will be reappointed despite underwhelming results.

Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:37 pm

Great win by the boys and a fitting way to finish off a year where things just didn't go our way (particularly early season).

Now looking forward to trade and draft periods and then we challenge for finals next year.

Well done Bucks, looking forward to you leading the team for next two years at least 🙂

doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:38 pm

WOO-hoo,that was one of the most satisfying games I can remember.Any win that stops Melbourne getting into the finals is incredibly satisfying.Let's hope West Coast win tomorrow to further their misery!

I loved the games of the two Elliott boys.It's amazing what happens when you put players on the forward line with a bit of flair and creativity!
ronrat 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:39 pm

Essendon might lose now. Rather play Port than Sydney. A great result. Put Melbourne under pressure and thrown the Bombers under a bus. Now to sit down and watch the bluedaggers get pantsed. Only 1.30 here and ran out of beer. Better get to Tescos before 2.00 pm. They can't sell beer until 5.00 after 2.00.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:42 pm

Wonderful victory Pies. Melbourne had so much more at stake, which makes our victory all the more significant. I am rapt that we held up under their pressure, and maintained our lead. It was inevitable that they would come back, and our response this time was overall a massive improvement. We were playing with a team far below our top 22, so I think this is yet more proof that in terms of list quality we are not as far off as some seem to think. Go Pies!!
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:43 pm

Nice to take a bit of joy into the off-season. To send the Dees fans into a state of panic all day long was great to watch. Doubt the Eagles will beat Adelaide by 5 goals but you never know.

We will never know if the win meant anything in terms of team improvement as there is no next week and did the Dees under-estimate us or develop a bout of stage fright? We looked great at times and ordinary at times, we got out to a lead and nearly blew it again. We looked like it was going to happen in the last but we managed to keep them at bay which was good to see. We did control the last 5 minutes and weren't still trying to go helter skelter at all costs. Next year I want to see a team using their brains a lot more, showing judgement around when and how to change the tempo of a game, start to look in control of what of happening out there. That and skill execution improvement obviously.

EAD Demons, you are still a shit club going nowhere. Time to start talking trades & draft then??? Cool

MONCO: Your life.
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:46 pm

Monco Matt wrote:
Nice to take a bit of joy into the off-season. To send the Dees fans into a state of panic all day long was great to watch. Doubt the Eagles will beat Adelaide by 5 goals but you never know.

We will never know if the win meant anything in terms of team improvement as there is no next week and did the Dees under-estimate us or develop a bout of stage fright? We looked great at times and ordinary at times, we got out to a lead and nearly blew it again. We looked like it was going to happen in the last but we managed to keep them at bay which was good to see. We did control the last 5 minutes and weren't still trying to go helter skelter at all costs. Next year I want to see a team using their brains a lot more, showing judgement around when and how to change the tempo of a game, start to look in control of what of happening out there. That and skill execution improvement obviously.

EAD Demons, you are still a shit club going nowhere. Time to start talking trades & draft then??? Cool

That improvement has been evident for over a month. This game was very similar to those against the Cats and Crows. Only difference is we held on to the win this time. The signs have definitely been promising.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:50 pm

It didn't end up impacting the score board, but I loved the way Langdon ran like hell and picked off a Melbourne entry late in the game. That's the Collingwood never-say-die spirit for you!!

Really, we've played with great heart all year and I am so pleased for all of us that we won the final game against a side that everything to play for. (Okay, so I might have had a few reds, but hey, why not? I just felt in my bones that we would win this one).
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:52 pm

doriswilgus wrote:
WOO-hoo,that was one of the most satisfying games I can remember.Any win that stops Melbourne getting into the finals is incredibly satisfying.Let's hope West Coast win tomorrow to further their misery!

I loved the games of the two Elliott boys.It's amazing what happens when you put players on the forward line with a bit of flair and creativity!

Jamie was brilliant in the first half and WHE has definitely come of age in the last few games. He's been a great pick up for us.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 26, 2017 5:56 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:
Monco Matt wrote:

That improvement has been evident for over a month. This game was very similar to those against the Cats and Crows. Only difference is we held on to the win this time. The signs have definitely been promising.

We did just hold on in this game, but it was heading in the same direction as both the Cats and Crows games, so I am not sure if that constitutes real improvement. We held on and I am thankful for that but.... If we were to go on with it over the next few games and have some convincing victories then that would be a show of improvement. My point was that the season is over and we now have to wait 7 month to find out what we have coming next.

MONCO: Your life.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 2 of 7   

Jump to: