Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Who’s going to the Suns match?

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adz 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:06 pm
Post subject: Who’s going to the Suns match?Reply with quote

Who else is making the trek up?

This will be my first interstate game since 2012.

Is it easy to get from Brisbane to the stadium and what’s the seating like? Any discounts?

Seat recommendation?

Thanks
donuts 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:49 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey Adz,

I live here on the GC. If you’re traveling from Brisbane, just get the train to the coast. Get off at Nerang station and then jump on the free busses that take you from the station to the ground (thats about a 3-5 min bus ride from Nerang station).

As for seating, I’ve only ever sat on the ground level which is fine or standing room at the end of the ground that doesn’t have a second level grandstand.
No discounts for pies members unfortunately.

Hope that helps
foreigner Aries

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 9:02 pm

I am planning to go too from Brisbane.

Yes, take the train and QLD rail will be free with your ticket to the game.

I haven't been to Metricon before, so can't comment on the seating.

GoWoodsmen 

PostPosted: Tue Jun 05, 2018 10:58 pm

Yep, I'll be heading there for the second year running. I'll be heading down from Brisbane too but just driving. It's seriously easy (if you have a car of course).

I actually love this ground. Just a shame it rained cats and dogs last year, essentially wrecking the night (I was there with my boy and his mate... didn't make it easy to watch the game!). We sat lower level and loved the seats so much we're basically in the same spot again this year.

Enjoy. Go Pies!

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 8:36 am

If history is any guide, not the Suns.
didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 9:32 am

GoWoodsmen wrote:
Yep, I'll be heading there for the second year running. I'll be heading down from Brisbane too but just driving. It's seriously easy (if you have a car of course).

I actually love this ground. Just a shame it rained cats and dogs last year, essentially wrecking the night (I was there with my boy and his mate... didn't make it easy to watch the game!). We sat lower level and loved the seats so much we're basically in the same spot again this year.

Enjoy. Go Pies!

I'm thinking of heading down from Brisbane too, and driving. Is parking easy, GW?

Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 10:18 am

I'm heading down from Brissy with my boys - same as last year (but hopefully not the weather). Will be driving. Parking is easy.

Great to see the Pies in Qld. twice this season!
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm

Duplicatr post

Last edited by woodys_world69 on Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:05 pm; edited 1 time in total
woodys_world69 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 1:03 pm

I will be overseas so will miss it. But I recommend low levels of the 2nd tier for seating. Best visibility of the game and it's only a small ground. If u sit on the Eastern side of the stadium (opposite side to broadcast) u will get the sun hitting u in the face for half of the first quarter of a twilight game. (Can't remember what time this game is) so just bring sunniest etc. It's the side I have always sat on. Just keep in mind that one end of the stadium is open so it can get a cold breeze coming through so get any kids to bring warm clothes even though u will see some of the locals in tank tops and boardshorts. Ha

But it's not "Melbourne" cold

Unfortunately most of the Suns crowd are supporters of other teams so they have a decent grasp on the game so it's a better experience then the Gabba. Those supporters have no idea.

But enjoy
Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:49 pm

didick wrote:

I'm thinking of heading down from Brisbane too, and driving. Is parking easy, GW?

There's no parking at the ground (unless you are connected and have a pass). There is parking elsewhere but you'd be best to have an idea of where to go otherwise it could be interesting. Public transport is usually a good option.
Seating in he stand at the southern end of the ground is best for twilight games. Looking into the afternoon sun from the eastern stands is a killer for day or twilight games.

Metricon is nice little venue and the surface is excellent. It's easy to get into and out of. A note however, the vendors, particularly food, can be sketchy. I remember one year they all ran out of pies!? How does a footy venue run out of pies!?!?

Abdul The Bull 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 2:59 pm

woodys_world69 wrote:

But it's not "Melbourne" cold

Unfortunately most of the Suns crowd are supporters of other teams so they have a decent grasp on the game so it's a better experience then the Gabba. Those supporters have no idea.

But enjoy

Agreed, totally!

It gets fresh up here in Winter. Unlike Phil Collins of the 80s a jacket will be required.

And yes, a much more sophisticated crowd here than at the Gabba. That place is a sh|t-h*le, full of idiots, and I refuse to attend games there.

didick 

didick

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:31 pm

Abdul The Bull wrote:
didick wrote:

There's no parking at the ground (unless you are connected and have a pass). There is parking elsewhere but you'd be best to have an idea of where to go otherwise it could be interesting. Public transport is usually a good option.
Seating in he stand at the southern end of the ground is best for twilight games. Looking into the afternoon sun from the eastern stands is a killer for day or twilight games.

Metricon is nice little venue and the surface is excellent. It's easy to get into and out of. A note however, the vendors, particularly food, can be sketchy. I remember one year they all ran out of pies!? How does a footy venue run out of pies!?!?

Thanks ATB, I will look into the public transport option from around the Gold Coast. I spend a bit of time down there anyway on weekends.

Cheers

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: