Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Simon Lethlean for CEO? (Nope, Mark Anderson got the job)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 8:50 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Reading his CV one thing I find acceptable is that he is a career sports administration person

Here to do a job and don’t imagine a history of limited AFL time will be an issue

In fact may be his big asset

K 

PostPosted: Mon Dec 11, 2017 11:23 pm

glasseyevfx wrote:
I'm hoping that someone at collingwood is hitting the 'record' button. Would be good to have a history of decisions - what worked, what didn't how his approach differed.
<snip>

I'm not sure if you mean decisions made by the CEO, or decisions in the hiring process, or both...

And now Lethlean has missed out on the Essendon football manager position, too. If Eddie did try to grab him at the start, that's looking worse and worse with each new development.

Some amusing lines...
Quote:
As a result both McLachlan and Lethlean raised eyebrows across the industry. McLachlan, because club bosses found it bemusing and not a little insulting that the AFL could declare Lethlean unfit to serve at head office the AFL and yet ideal to run a club.

So Lethlean presented for the top job at Carlton to a sub-committee ...
Reportedly Lethlean's first presentation was mediocre. Perhaps because he had already been told the job was his he did not put enough work into the interview.

And after being rejected by Carlton, Lethlean was unlikely to be considered by Collingwood even if he had remained in the running.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/former-afl-executive-simon-lethleans-annus-horribilis-20171201-gzwm0s.html

In fairness, it's not clear exactly what Eddie said to Lethlean when they met. And Lethlean's rejections cannot be said to be entirely independent. When you're publicly rejected by one hiring committee, it can't have zero effect on the committees that meet afterwards.
BBHS Cancer

bbhs

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 9:38 am

Lethlean served me at Maccas the other day. Forgot the small fries and BBQ sauce. no wonder we gave him the swerve
K 

PostPosted: Tue Dec 12, 2017 1:17 pm

BBHS wrote:
Lethlean served me at Maccas the other day. Forgot the small fries and BBQ sauce. no wonder we gave him the swerve

He must be lying low there while waiting for his new job at SEN. By Maccas, I assume you mean McGuire's. What's the food like there?
K 

PostPosted: Thu Dec 14, 2017 9:00 pm

Ha ha ha ha ha....

Quote:
ST KILDA has appointed axed AFL football operations manager Simon Lethlean.

Lethlean will head up the Saints restructured football department with the club’s board ratifying the move last night.

He was also linked to Essendon’s vacant football operations job - snared by Richmond talent chief Dan Richardson - but the Dons later said he did not take part in the process.

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/afl/teams/st-kilda/axed-afl-football-boss-simon-lethlean-in-the-mix-to-land-new-job-at-st-kilda/news-story/bb23e2ac4cd32727b21ef968fa6499a1
[updated]

Quote:
He was hired after accounting firm Ernst & Young conducted a review of the club's football department.

Lethlean resigned from his AFL position in July... He was overlooked for CEO roles at Collingwood, Carlton and Hawthorn earlier this year, plus a role as head of football at Essendon.

The former AFL No.2 will start with the Saints in January.

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/simon-lethlean-appointed-head-of-st-kildas-football-department-20171214-h052tj.html

Quote:
Finnis announced Lethlean's appointment on Friday morning, saying the former AFL footy boss had been the standout candidate after an extensive search conducted by the club and external consultants Ernst and Young.
"What's convinced us is he's taken full accountability for that. Simon's taken responsibility, he's spent the last five months rebuilding trust with those who are most important to him, and they don't work in footy, and he's convinced us of that attitude around accountability," Finnis said.
Former football manager Jamie Cox has been demoted and while his exact role has not been defined yet, he will continue to be involved with the football department.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2017-12-15/simon-lethlean-lands-new-gig-as-saints-footy-boss
Bruce Gonsalves Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 8:39 pm

Lethlean to bring back Saints Disco, lots of young fems to choose from.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 9:59 pm

Went for all the CEO gigs but had to settle for a footy manager gig. Interesting.
K 

PostPosted: Fri Dec 15, 2017 10:11 pm

Damien wrote:
Went for all the CEO gigs but had to settle for a footy manager gig. Interesting.

Not all the CEO gigs: he thought the Bulldogs job was not good enough for someone of his status and so didn't make encouraging noises when they asked his intentions.
K 

PostPosted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 6:58 am

What Mark's been up to...

Quote:
Collingwood's new CEO Mark Anderson recently requested and heard a presentation on eSports by a representative from Australian team Avant Gaming. That presentation was made by members of Bastion Live, the new owners of Avant Gaming who are considered one of Australia's top three teams.

Meanwhile at Geelong, CEO Brian Cook recently told reporters he had instructed his staff to explore eSports.

"[I] have got my data staff to present a recommendation to us on that," Cook said.

"That will be with us in the next couple of weeks, whether we go down that path."

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/collingwood-and-geelong-exploring-esports-plans-for-etihad-stadium-facility-20171222-h094nb.html
K 

PostPosted: Mon Jan 22, 2018 10:27 pm

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2018-01-22/judge-me-on-my-performance-says-lethlean

Quote:
Lethlean was strongly-linked to Carlton's vacant CEO position in October but he refused to address speculation he had been offered the job by president Mark LoGiudice before Cain Liddle was appointed.

"I understand there's been a public discussion on that topic, but I'm general manager of football at St Kilda Football Club now and I'm not going to discuss management roles and processes at other clubs," he said.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2018 6:10 pm

https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/970959930583695360
https://twitter.com/CollingwoodFC/status/970960246247059457

Does this mean Mark has actually officially started now?
He was definitely in Qld. at the conclusion of the Aus. swimming trials on the weekend.
K 

PostPosted: Wed Jun 06, 2018 3:20 pm

MJ23 wrote:
Culprit wrote:
Massive rumor doing the rounds. James Sutherland to quit Cricket Australia and accept the role as CEO of the Collingwood Football Club. Only a Rumor.

wouldn't mind his son at CHF.

We should all be grateful that not all rumours are true. And that not all wishes are fulfilled.

Our club needs to be getting rid of any people in its ranks who throw others under the bus, not recruiting them.
And trashing hotel rooms with your teammates does not actually improve your footballing or cricketing performance.

* Video of resignation announcement available here: https://www.cricket.com.au/news/story-cricket-australia-announcement-news-james-sutherland-david-peever/2018-06-06
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5
Page 5 of 5   

Jump to: