Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Simon Lethlean for CEO? (Nope, Mark Anderson got the job)

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
burnsy17 Virgo

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 1:23 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard an interview on SEN with her when she was first appointed... i thought to myself then that she wouldn't last the season. She lasted 5 months.
K 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 7:58 pm

/\
Quote:
Her lack of cultural awareness was apparent early and played out publicly when she addressed the then struggling Hawthorn players for the first time, telling them to "pull their socks up" and later relaying that story in a radio interview. She is an elite athlete but insiders lost patience unfairly or not with her cycling references.

Quote:
Intriguingly Carlton has denied its chief executive Steven Trigg is on the way out and returning to Adelaide to live but Collingwood firmly believes Lethlean has been offered the Blues job.

Magpies president Eddie McGuire is keen to secure Lethlean but has been told by his board that he must conduct a proper process. Lethlean has shown some interest in the Collingwood role but is understood to have withdrawn from the Western Bulldogs process...

http://www.theage.com.au/afl/gaudrys-departure-raises-questions-over-hawthorn-20171002-gysyxh.html
AN_Inkling 

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 8:03 pm

Proper process? That's new! Maybe this review has had some effect after all.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Mon Oct 02, 2017 11:27 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

Laughing true and fair.

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:13 pm

AN_Inkling wrote:

It's a shame we didn't get an outsider to do the review of our footy department, instead of getting Walsh to do an inside job. A wasted opportunity imo.
WarrenerraW 

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 1:24 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

It's a shame we didn't get an outsider to do the review of our footy department, instead of getting Walsh to do an inside job. A wasted opportunity imo.

blame kim jong ed for that. if it were up to him simon would have started a month ago. but I agree, the review should have been conducted by a completely independent organisation with no association at all with our club.
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 4:48 pm

The Hawthorn chick didn't fit in with the AFL boys club. I don't condone it but we know Letherlean and Gil are mates so I reckon get him. I've no issue that he's a pantsman. Two consenting adults.
Hm Leo

PostPosted: Tue Oct 03, 2017 5:19 pm

When she was appointed I was wondering was she appointed for her abilities? I would think not as she had never been a CEO before and never involved with AFL (administration). I would have thought you would need at least one of those criteria. I therefore felt Hawthorn were trying to appeal to their female supporters but this is not the way you do it - as they have found out - it has blown up in the face. Totally expected.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Wed Oct 04, 2017 10:09 pm
Post subject: LookReply with quote

I love watching the women's league and reckon the fellas can run their competition with blokes and the girls can manage theirs! Let's keep women out of the men's domain and we fellas stay out of the girls game! Why oh why do Australian women want to intrude on traditional male areas? Something bizarre about the mad feminist Australian media. They seem to hate men! Equality has nothing to do with it. No male AFL Club should have a woman running it and no female AFL should have a man running it! That's how I like my happy world.
K 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:11 pm

watt price tully wrote:
AN_Inkling wrote:

Laughing true and fair.

Seems to me maybe Peter Murphy's had a positive effect as interim CEO.

Some more news below (from http://www.theage.com.au/afl/afl-news/carlton-ceo-steven-triggs-position-looks-to-be-under-threat-20171005-gyuvny.html). Note the "newly empowered board of directors".

Quote:
...Steven Trigg's position at Ikon Park looks to be seriously under threat.

Except that no one seems to have told Trigg. This is despite the fact that Carlton's interest in former AFL football boss Simon Lethlean and Lethlean's interest in Carlton has become an open secret among senior staff at head office and a widening circle of club chief executives.

Lethlean's wider circle, including former senior AFL colleagues, are insisting the Carlton job is his if he wants it. Collingwood are aware of this and even though president Eddie McGuire has shown a keenness to install him in Gary Pert's former role, the Magpies' hierarchy, led by interim CEO Peter Murphy and a newly empowered board of directors, are insisting he run a proper executive process for a change.

So although Lethlean would love the Collingwood job, Carlton are seemingly the birds in the hand. The Collingwood executive search has not even begun.
Lethlean has also been sounded out for and reportedly rejected the Western Bulldogs job. He has also seemed unwilling to entertain a number of senior football operational roles.

And Hawthorn, the club he traditionally supports, has rejected him with newly installed president Jeff Kennett removing any speculation immediately by pointedly questioning Lethlean's suitability for the job. ...

Which leaves the Blues, unless Lethlean decides to throw his hat into the Collingwood ring and go through the process. Or change his mind about the Bulldogs if Peter Gordon is still prepared to consider him.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:14 pm

Spare some change?
BazBoy 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:23 pm

Trigg officialy terminate his CEO job at Scum

Three sides now without a CEO--- Scum and Doggies and us

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 5:57 pm

watt price tully wrote:
Redlight wrote:
The man had an affair with a younger woman. I don't condone it and feel dreadfully sorry for his family, but he didn't exactly bomb an embassy.

For mine it's very much a personal issue and really nobody's business.

If he comes aboard I wish him the best of luck.

It's where McLaughlan went too far. Lethlean was not the woman's line manager

She was closer to 30 not 18. It was overreach & showed what an idiot Mc Laughlan was. It wasn't anybody else's business.

I thought at the the time this journalist covered it best Gay Alcorn:

"....looks like patronizing moralism to me"

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2017/jul/17/this-is-what-the-afl-calls-respecting-women-looks-like-patronising-moralism-to-me

Sounds like Lethlean might be a good fit

Great article, WPT. I remember something seemed off about that announcement at the time.

inxs88 

PostPosted: Thu Oct 05, 2017 7:15 pm

He has a head on him that cries "arrogance"! Off to the scum he shall go no doubt!
inxs88 

PostPosted: Fri Oct 06, 2017 7:44 pm

From one cheater out (Trigg) to one cheater in (Lethlean). You can have them Carlton!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next
Page 2 of 5   

Jump to: