Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:32 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Magpietothemax wrote:
ROB wrote:
Ok - lets say quarter time was actually the end of the game a won by about 4 goals - there were very few problems in the first quarter and I doubt anyone would have been critical of a damn thing - game plan, disposal, commitment, etc etc. So, what happened after quarter time that caused us to go backwards? I noted that Geelong changed the way they approached the game - attitudinal. They also started carving us up with their inside running which exposed us again and again (as it has on many occasions this year) putting extra pressure on the backs, some of who then made some clangers with disposal and decision making. Geelong ran a 7 man backline which caused us trouble and supported their game plan of carving us up with inside running. Take into consideration the zone defence concept was a failure after quarter time, some very poor umpiring with regard to frees missed to us as opposed to those that went Geelongs way, and so we got the result we did - probably flattered us a bit. Many seem to want to blame certain players or the coach - I don't buy that - this was a club loss, players, strategists, coaches, recruiters. We can't sack everyone - we need to identify the weaknesses and work on them - stop treating symptoms and address root causes. At quarter time this week, and against Port, we were top 4 team - then we failed to win. Lets acknowledge that the potential is there - we just have to exploit it consistently.

So when Geelong started to play their game of inside running, how did Bucks respond? By persisting with a zone defence concept which, by your own admission, was a failure. I agree, potential is definitely there. We have massive talent. But I think this year shows more than any other it is not being harnessed, either through coaching, tactical planning, selection.

Exactly right IMO

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:36 pm

dalyc wrote:
Usual Nick's post match slag off I see

We lost again. We lost last week. We haven't won more than 9 games a year for 3 years including this year. We are road kill. But the fantasy lives on.
Magpies035 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:49 pm

It's just seems more of the same
See years 2013-2017
I have said it before we accept mediocrity oh well maybe next time
4 years no finals is not good enough
When will it click to Buckley that the possession game does not work and we can't win enough games to make finals
Forget who is out of the team
Just look at the way we play, the way we move they ball. It's so frustrating it's not funny. Overposseion, constantly turn over the ball, players don't take the game on for a full 4qtrs and just make mistakes.

It's like Groundhog Day more of the same expecting a different result but getting the same thing

It's simply the truth. I can't understand the club can't see this and I I know too many supporters are extremely frustrated after 4 years of no finals

Please Collingwood do something

John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:26 pm

I wonder if Brad Scott thinks an 11 point win is mediocre. Maybe, judging from his media conference remarks. So then, in broad terms we are thereabouts with Geelong today, how terrible.?
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:28 pm

Not really. They are top 4 we are almost bottom 4. For some reason we have the wood on them at the moment. Bug we still didn't win
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:30 pm

John LEWIN wrote:
I wonder if Brad Scott thinks an 11 point win is mediocre. Maybe, judging from his media conference remarks. So then, in broad terms we are thereabouts with Geelong today, how terrible.?

the only similarity we have with Geelong is that we have both drawn one game in 2017.

They'll be playing at least two weeks into finals. We'll be sitting on our arses...again.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:42 pm

Yes we lost by 11 points. Yes Geelong are top four. Apart from stating the obvious what do you mean?
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:47 pm
Post subject: Pies CatsReply with quote

Cats and Pies mediocre?And Hawthorn are struggling to beat Carlton, looks like all four clubs are mediocre? Bulldogs lost to Port maybe they are hopeless too?
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:13 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Did Collingwood have such limp wristed, whinging, bitching, moaning, sooky La la supporters in the past or is this a new phenomena?

We lost by a couple of goals to a side currently second on the ladder with 7 of our best 22 unavailable for selection including many of our experienced players. You clowns have no idea.

I'm disappointed, but really, common, we had 7 or 8 absolute key players sidelined, if only 1 had played, say Grundy, we would have won. It is what it is, take 7 top players outa ANY team, and theyd struggle to win. Fact.

Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:28 pm

Quite right, my post was tongue in cheek. Ball distribution through the centre third of the ground lacked class, Pendles and Wells. Dangerfield was the difference Greenwood hard tag. Geelong were lucky they didn't have to face us with a better first 8. Given we had the lead in Q4 how bad is the coach?
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:31 pm

ROB wrote:
Magpietothemax wrote:
ROB wrote:
Ok - lets say quarter time was actually the end of the game a won by about 4 goals - there were very few problems in the first quarter and I doubt anyone would have been critical of a damn thing - game plan, disposal, commitment, etc etc. So, what happened after quarter time that caused us to go backwards? I noted that Geelong changed the way they approached the game - attitudinal. They also started carving us up with their inside running which exposed us again and again (as it has on many occasions this year) putting extra pressure on the backs, some of who then made some clangers with disposal and decision making. Geelong ran a 7 man backline which caused us trouble and supported their game plan of carving us up with inside running. Take into consideration the zone defence concept was a failure after quarter time, some very poor umpiring with regard to frees missed to us as opposed to those that went Geelongs way, and so we got the result we did - probably flattered us a bit. Many seem to want to blame certain players or the coach - I don't buy that - this was a club loss, players, strategists, coaches, recruiters. We can't sack everyone - we need to identify the weaknesses and work on them - stop treating symptoms and address root causes. At quarter time this week, and against Port, we were top 4 team - then we failed to win. Lets acknowledge that the potential is there - we just have to exploit it consistently.

So when Geelong started to play their game of inside running, how did Bucks respond? By persisting with a zone defence concept which, by your own admission, was a failure. I agree, potential is definitely there. We have massive talent. But I think this year shows more than any other it is not being harnessed, either through coaching, tactical planning, selection.

Ok - if anyone hasn't noticed I am not holding anyone person accountable for the current situation with regards to our performance. If we had a director of coaching, would that person be making tactical changes on game day that may make a difference? And what is the role of Walsh - he seems to be in charge of the whole football department so does he get a say on how things roll on match day? Should he be influencing what occurs on the field and to what level? What about the assistants - surely if they see a flaw that the head coach doesn't see or maybe under estimates/values, they have an obligation to try to rectify the situation. The forward line failed to function very well after quarter time according to some comments - was it the forward set up or delivery. if it was delivery - the mids coach must take some responsibility?? If it was the forward set up - the forward coach etc etc. And we know that the head coach is not responsible alone for fitness, selection (panel/committee), recruiting etc. I again emphasis, this is a club issue to resolve - all are accountable to some degree - I hope the current review identifies the key issues that need resolving so we can return to play finals next season. The team today played the way the club has produced them to play. Lots of up side but not polished enough to win - yes lots of players out also provides some excuse. But same often happens when we are at full strength.. we have the talent - lets it right.

Let's just blame everyone but Buckley so we can continue the decade of decline and justify the fact this great club is on its knees. How does a coach have 7 goals to quarter time, then score 3 goals for the rest of the game and have the pack of blind followers leap to his defence? Look at where the club sits - its unacceptable. The coach is a massive failure And it looks like he will be re appointed because of who he is and who his mate is. When he finally is sacked in 1,2 or 3 years, his legacy will be completely trashed
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:53 pm

Let's be the first sporting club club in the 13 billion year history of the universe to extend a coach after 6 years of consecutive under-achievement.
It's not as if we deserve any better at Collingwood.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:03 am

I am open minded about the Senior Coach appointment, maybe that open-mindedness is a problem for some, however, the question is;was it a coaching failure today or a combination of a lack of personnel and an exceptionally talented player who carried Geelong over the line. If you read the expert commentary it seems to come down on the side of the latter.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:04 am
Post subject: NoReply with quote

We threw in the towel because we are gutless and soft under pressure
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:08 am

Piesnchess wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Did Collingwood have such limp wristed, whinging, bitching, moaning, sooky La la supporters in the past or is this a new phenomena?

We lost by a couple of goals to a side currently second on the ladder with 7 of our best 22 unavailable for selection including many of our experienced players. You clowns have no idea.

I'm disappointed, but really, common, we had 7 or 8 absolute key players sidelined, if only 1 had played, say Grundy, we would have won. It is what it is, take 7 top players outa ANY team, and theyd struggle to win. Fact.

Surprised

You also need to look at the opposition sometimes. They were missing Selwood, Blicavs, Hawkins so put our guys in and also theirs and where does that leave things? Those 3 are critical to their structure so the injury excuse is fine as long as you assess the opposition also.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 7 of 10   

Jump to: