Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 9.5.59
Geelong 10.10.70

Goals: Cox, H-E, Broomy 2, Blair, Moore, Sidey 1

Disposals: Adams, Phillips 26, Treloar 25, Shaz, Sidey 23, Crisp 19, Langdon 18, H-E, Moore 17, Elliott 19, Aish 16, Thomas, Smith 15, Brown, Howe 13, Maynard 11,

DE%: Langdon 88.9, Brown, Howe 84.6, Shaz 82.6,

AF points: Adams 132, Cox 128, Phillips 101, Treloar 99, Shaz 97

Crowd: 47,889

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
DT 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:28 pm

Josh Daicos 10 tackles and 10 disposals - poise and determination. Good debut
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:29 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
Hi Folks.
I reckon our problems are solved. We already have our alternate coaching and recruiting staff, President and board and maybe even some champion players right here on this forum!
....Damn, I should not say anything when I get angry. But I can't help it.
I am with you AT3V.
True pies fans stick with their team thru thick and thin.
Finals in 2018.
Regards, to all.

It was supposed to be finals 2017 but don't worry mate.

Just put a line through the current year and put finals the following year.

And if we don't make finals next year, put a line through 2018 and say finals in 2019.

Don't worry if we don't make finals in 2019. Put a line through 2019 and say finals in 2020.

At some point you may come to realise that the current coaching setup is not working. By that time we will both be ready for the old people's home.

Loyalty isn't your strong suit I see. Each to their own.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:31 pm

Winning isn't yours I see.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:36 pm

Today suggests to me that either we've got a lot of positives or Geelong is one the worst "top 4" teams ever. Which one is it?
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:39 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Unfortunately I am not playing, so the winning bit for me N/A. My role is supporter, through good and bad. Supporting, showing loyalty, giving those in charge my backing so to decrease the amount the pressure they have which in turn, gives them the best opportunity for success. Those who publicly bag the players, the coaching staff etc at every turn are clearly not supporting the club in my view.

masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:41 pm

Field a midget team and get a midget result. It is that simple.
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:43 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
Hi Folks.
I reckon our problems are solved. We already have our alternate coaching and recruiting staff, President and board and maybe even some champion players right here on this forum!
....Damn, I should not say anything when I get angry. But I can't help it.
I am with you AT3V.
True pies fans stick with their team thru thick and thin.
Finals in 2018.
Regards, to all.

It was supposed to be finals 2017 but don't worry mate.

Just put a line through the current year and put finals the following year.

And if we don't make finals next year, put a line through 2018 and say finals in 2019.

Don't worry if we don't make finals in 2019. Put a line through 2019 and say finals in 2020.

At some point you may come to realise that the current coaching setup is not working. By that time we will both be ready for the old people's home.

Loyalty isn't your strong suit I see. Each to their own.

Unfortunately I am not playing, so the winning bit for me N/A. My role is supporter, through good and bad. Supporting, showing loyalty, giving those in charge my backing so to decrease the amount the pressure they have which in turn, gives them the best opportunity for success. Those who publicly bag the players, the coaching staff etc at every turn are clearly not supporting the club in my view.

Do you ever think there is a problem at Collingwood, or is it just dandy all of the time.
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 pm

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
Today suggests to me that either we've got a lot of positives or Geelong is one the worst "top 4" teams ever. Which one is it?

A lot has been said about our players missing, but they too were missing players - Selwood, Hawkins, Blicavs and Cockatoo Collins. They will be better with them in.

We were competitive but they nearly doubled our inside 50's. Did well to stop the floodgates from opening, so I guess that is a positive.
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:51 pm

I'd suggest not playing Daicos and Brown until they can impact in the 2s. They are no Darcy Moore's methinks.
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:57 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Great to see Langdon getting into top gear, now. It's funny how a guy that so many of you criticise so vehemently has had disposal efficiency hovering around 90% three weeks in a row (top again today with 88.9%) and guess which Collingwood player was the only player in the team not to have any clangers today?

Wow so we should all be happy he disposed of the ball at 80% ??
What about his match awareness when on 5 occasions he should have left his man to help a team and either didn't or did so too late and was left in no mans land.
This isn't a one off this is every week. He has nil match awareness. He doesn't understand how to hand off a man to a team mate (watch closely today 3 times when Menzell led up his man went to go deep and Howe tried to hand over the players but Langdon wasn't aware of what was happening)
What we need to get is assistant coach who is a defensive expert (former player) and teach played simple basic defensive skills.
Go watch the best teams with good defence they know how to hand over men.
Howe Scharenberg Dunn and Maynard all managed to today without incident

His lack of what's happening in a game costs us minimum 3 goals a week (today was 3)
He doesn't read what's happening up field well and then when the ball is coming in he just looks around like a lost chook
He has 1yr left on his contract and his chance to playing after that depends if Buckley is still coach because if Buckley is gone every chance he will be as well
Like I've said before he was pick 60 odd for a reason and nothing's changed

Last edited by qldmagpie67 on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:01 pm; edited 1 time in total
ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:59 pm

Magpietothemax wrote:
ROB wrote:
Ok - lets say quarter time was actually the end of the game a won by about 4 goals - there were very few problems in the first quarter and I doubt anyone would have been critical of a damn thing - game plan, disposal, commitment, etc etc. So, what happened after quarter time that caused us to go backwards? I noted that Geelong changed the way they approached the game - attitudinal. They also started carving us up with their inside running which exposed us again and again (as it has on many occasions this year) putting extra pressure on the backs, some of who then made some clangers with disposal and decision making. Geelong ran a 7 man backline which caused us trouble and supported their game plan of carving us up with inside running. Take into consideration the zone defence concept was a failure after quarter time, some very poor umpiring with regard to frees missed to us as opposed to those that went Geelongs way, and so we got the result we did - probably flattered us a bit. Many seem to want to blame certain players or the coach - I don't buy that - this was a club loss, players, strategists, coaches, recruiters. We can't sack everyone - we need to identify the weaknesses and work on them - stop treating symptoms and address root causes. At quarter time this week, and against Port, we were top 4 team - then we failed to win. Lets acknowledge that the potential is there - we just have to exploit it consistently.

So when Geelong started to play their game of inside running, how did Bucks respond? By persisting with a zone defence concept which, by your own admission, was a failure. I agree, potential is definitely there. We have massive talent. But I think this year shows more than any other it is not being harnessed, either through coaching, tactical planning, selection.

Ok - if anyone hasn't noticed I am not holding anyone person accountable for the current situation with regards to our performance. If we had a director of coaching, would that person be making tactical changes on game day that may make a difference? And what is the role of Walsh - he seems to be in charge of the whole football department so does he get a say on how things roll on match day? Should he be influencing what occurs on the field and to what level? What about the assistants - surely if they see a flaw that the head coach doesn't see or maybe under estimates/values, they have an obligation to try to rectify the situation. The forward line failed to function very well after quarter time according to some comments - was it the forward set up or delivery. if it was delivery - the mids coach must take some responsibility?? If it was the forward set up - the forward coach etc etc. And we know that the head coach is not responsible alone for fitness, selection (panel/committee), recruiting etc. I again emphasis, this is a club issue to resolve - all are accountable to some degree - I hope the current review identifies the key issues that need resolving so we can return to play finals next season. The team today played the way the club has produced them to play. Lots of up side but not polished enough to win - yes lots of players out also provides some excuse. But same often happens when we are at full strength.. we have the talent - lets it right.

Last edited by ROB on Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
thebaldfacts 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:09 pm

Raw Hammer wrote:
Raw Hammer rant time..

I haven't been to a game live since round 2. A few reasons why.

But let me tell you this...the game of AFL football is in trouble. Watching players steam forward through half back, stop, prop, and go backwards or sideways because there is no forward line to kick to, is simply junk to watch.

Watching 30 players inside 50 once a player marks within 60m of goal is just horrible.

It used to be fun watching football live. It's close to unwatchable. Just a slow, painful, methodical, over coached congested mess.

I do t know what the solution is, but I was bored out of my mind.

Barely a run by any player outside of Dangerfield. I'd like to see how many running bounces we had. It's just boring.

Something has to give. Why can't any coach have the balls to make a change???

Think that KB has the answer.
Get rid of the interchange and go back to the old 19th and 20 th man system.

Once you go off you can't come back on.

Guess allowances need to be made to accomodate blood rule and concussion, but no going off to have a rest, so your best players stay on all day and fatigue becomes more of an issue.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:17 pm

I sound like an old fart, but I'm still in my 30s.

There is some merit to making players stay in parts of the ground. I know it reeks of netball, but back in the 'good old days' of 1980s-90s-00s, players stayed in the forward line and played their designated positions in most part. Having no option up forward when going on a run from the backline is not football. I don't know what it is. How can 'kids' today be excited by this crap? . I'd also ban marks from kicks backward unless inside 50. Again, not changing anything really cos no one used to kick backwards until the past 15 years.

dalyc Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:30 pm

Usual Nick's post match slag off I see
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 6 of 10   

Jump to: