Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Kill for Collingwood wrote:
Amazed how many trash and want to sack Cox. Yet today again showed he can play especially for a "baby" in Aus Rules terms. Has potential to be fantastic real soon. Starting to hold his marks, taps well, had a brain, is athletic and can $Ł$%^%%$ kick GOALS!! No wonder other clubs are sniffing.
Tie him up PLEASE!!!!!!

I agree, seems now he is on his own he's just really stepped up, was even good below his knees, no small thing for a man his size, very impressed

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:33 pm

On todays game Blair, Smith and Phillips are not up to AFL standard.

Post quarter time we played like drunken crabs

The Bucks coaching transition has not worked. Yes there have been injuries but we lack depth.

I like Bucks but it's time for he and Eddie who has been largely great for our club to go. Time for a player cull and a new coach. Reset for a new year.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:36 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ A supporter supports they don't bag the club and players if we lose a game. It doesn't matter how many years you have been on nicks if all you do is spew your short sighted negativity.

Whilst the club would love to win every year it is just not possible. We were never a realistic premiership chance this year and it is about building a talented young team with a view to challenging in a couple of years. If you can't see progress then your not looking hard enough or maybe you just prefer to whinge.

Nice post. Sadly the latter is true. The whingers on this board who cannot see anything but negative.

A vert depleted Collingwood side, (including players clearly not near 100% such as Elliott, Treloar) with no finals to play for, play a top 4 side, at near full strength, with a top 4 spot to lock up and we get within 2 kicks. It's not accepting mediocrity, its assessing this game on its merits. I thought they had a real crack.
Luigitheunbelievable 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:38 pm

Hi Folks.
I reckon our problems are solved. We already have our alternate coaching and recruiting staff, President and board and maybe even some champion players right here on this forum!
....Damn, I should not say anything when I get angry. But I can't help it.
I am with you AT3V.
True pies fans stick with their team thru thick and thin.
Finals in 2018.
Regards, to all.

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 pm

Also very pleased with how Mat Scharenberg played. Tom Langdon is a gem.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:42 pm

If we weren't sticking with them there would be no one commenting on the forum. Refusing to accept mediocrity as normal is not abandoning the team.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm

think positive wrote:
If we weren't sticking with them there would be no one commenting on the forum. Refusing to accept mediocrity as normal is not abandoning the team.

Agree 100%.
Raw Hammer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:44 pm

Raw Hammer rant time..

I haven't been to a game live since round 2. A few reasons why.

But let me tell you this...the game of AFL football is in trouble. Watching players steam forward through half back, stop, prop, and go backwards or sideways because there is no forward line to kick to, is simply junk to watch.

Watching 30 players inside 50 once a player marks within 60m of goal is just horrible.

It used to be fun watching football live. It's close to unwatchable. Just a slow, painful, methodical, over coached congested mess.

I do t know what the solution is, but I was bored out of my mind.

Barely a run by any player outside of Dangerfield. I'd like to see how many running bounces we had. It's just boring.

Something has to give. Why can't any coach have the balls to make a change???

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:46 pm

Quoting one of two people I sit with at the footy: "Reid today showed what he is: A key back moved to play in the forward line".

Despite learning the Selwood ducking tricks, how good is Dangerfield?

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
Hi Folks.
I reckon our problems are solved. We already have our alternate coaching and recruiting staff, President and board and maybe even some champion players right here on this forum!
I am with you AT3V.
Finals in 2018.
Regards, to all.

+1

ROB 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:51 pm

Ok - lets say quarter time was actually the end of the game a won by about 4 goals - there were very few problems in the first quarter and I doubt anyone would have been critical of a damn thing - game plan, disposal, commitment, etc etc. So, what happened after quarter time that caused us to go backwards? I noted that Geelong changed the way they approached the game - attitudinal. They also started carving us up with their inside running which exposed us again and again (as it has on many occasions this year) putting extra pressure on the backs, some of who then made some clangers with disposal and decision making. Geelong ran a 7 man backline which caused us trouble and supported their game plan of carving us up with inside running. Take into consideration the zone defence concept was a failure after quarter time, some very poor umpiring with regard to frees missed to us as opposed to those that went Geelongs way, and so we got the result we did - probably flattered us a bit. Many seem to want to blame certain players or the coach - I don't buy that - this was a club loss, players, strategists, coaches, recruiters. We can't sack everyone - we need to identify the weaknesses and work on them - stop treating symptoms and address root causes. At quarter time this week, and against Port, we were top 4 team - then we failed to win. Lets acknowledge that the potential is there - we just have to exploit it consistently.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:54 pm

How good could a combo of Moore, Grundy and Cox be?
Big, athletic, smart, versatile, can mark and kick goals!!!!!
Can all ruck and play as genuine forwards. 😄😄😄

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:57 pm

ROB wrote:
Ok - lets say quarter time was actually the end of the game a won by about 4 goals - there were very few problems in the first quarter and I doubt anyone would have been critical of a damn thing - game plan, disposal, commitment, etc etc. So, what happened after quarter time that caused us to go backwards? I noted that Geelong changed the way they approached the game - attitudinal. They also started carving us up with their inside running which exposed us again and again (as it has on many occasions this year) putting extra pressure on the backs, some of who then made some clangers with disposal and decision making. Geelong ran a 7 man backline which caused us trouble and supported their game plan of carving us up with inside running. Take into consideration the zone defence concept was a failure after quarter time, some very poor umpiring with regard to frees missed to us as opposed to those that went Geelongs way, and so we got the result we did - probably flattered us a bit. Many seem to want to blame certain players or the coach - I don't buy that - this was a club loss, players, strategists, coaches, recruiters. We can't sack everyone - we need to identify the weaknesses and work on them - stop treating symptoms and address root causes. At quarter time this week, and against Port, we were top 4 team - then we failed to win. Lets acknowledge that the potential is there - we just have to exploit it consistently.

So when Geelong started to play their game of inside running, how did Bucks respond? By persisting with a zone defence concept which, by your own admission, was a failure. I agree, potential is definitely there. We have massive talent. But I think this year shows more than any other it is not being harnessed, either through coaching, tactical planning, selection.
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:18 pm

Honestly,what were people's expectations before the game?Did they honestly think that we could beat Geelong without Penedlebury,Grundy,Degoey,Greenwood,Wells,Varcoe,Goldsack and Fasolo?Some people were tipping us to be annihilated and suffer our worst defeat of the year.Yet when we lose by 11 whole points,these same people are going ballistic and acting like it's the end of the world.Seriously,what did they expect would happen?We probably had the worst team on paper that we've had in over a decade,and people still expected us to win?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:19 pm

Luigitheunbelievable wrote:
Hi Folks.
I am with you AT3V.
Finals in 2018.
Regards, to all.

It was supposed to be finals 2017 but don't worry mate.

Just put a line through the current year and put finals the following year.

And if we don't make finals next year, put a line through 2018 and say finals in 2019.

Don't worry if we don't make finals in 2019. Put a line through 2019 and say finals in 2020.

At some point you may come to realise that the current coaching setup is not working. By that time we will both be ready for the old people's home.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 5 of 10   

Jump to: