Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We have to build a culture that accepts nothing less than supreme standards.

Why do we have to accept this vanilla crap?

I admire Pendles but he needs to be a support person to a new stronger louder intelligent leader and concentrate on his own football!!!!

Get some loud strong characters in and lift the freakin roof.

Not enough leadership on the field, too many followers.

Darren Millane spirit must be brought to life.....some friggin way!!

BTW every prick hit the gym hard FFS !!!!!!

Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:26 pm

I actually take optimism from this game, in the sense that we had at least 8 of our best 22 out, and were close enough to win. It confirms to me my assessment of our list: we have a nucleus of very strong talent around which a powerful team can emerge. There are players there over whom question marks hang on their ability to play AFL level who played today, but despite this we were still in the game. The fact that this nucleus has still not won us enough games this year, even when we weren't crippled with injuries as we were today, reflects the failures in coaching. Today's game, more than ever, to me proves how essential it is for us to change our coach.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:27 pm

Did Collingwood have such limp wristed, whinging, bitching, moaning, sooky La la supporters in the past or is this a new phenomena?

We lost by a couple of goals to a side currently second on the ladder with 7 of our best 22 unavailable for selection including many of our experienced players. You clowns have no idea.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:40 pm

E wrote:
people criticizing selection of Smith, Blair, Broomhead, Phillips, Daicos and Brown should answer this question. with 15 injured players unavailable for selection this week (including 7 of our best 1Cool, who is fit that DIDN'T play. Is Kirby the only one?

Sorry but Smith, Blair and Phillips can't kick so there's the difference between the two sides. Whatever you think of Keeffe and White, at least they know how to kick, but they can't get games over midgets because they fail the height test.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:48 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Did Collingwood have such limp wristed, whinging, bitching, moaning, sooky La la supporters in the past or is this a new phenomena?

We lost by a couple of goals to a side currently second on the ladder with 7 of our best 22 unavailable for selection including many of our experienced players. You clowns have no idea.

Sad that you just don't get it. Actually it's not sad, it's embarrassing.
Monco Matt Aries

Do it to THEM before THEY do it to YOU

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 pm

We tanked that game, plain and simple. Had the Cats on toast all day long and decided NOT to go on and win it. The Cats were putrid and did not do anything of real significance to deserve a victory. We are content to finish 13th, finish bottom 6 and get the easier draw for 2018. The AFL should investigate us for that performance. Wink

MONCO: Your life.
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:51 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

Sad that you just don't get it. Actually it's not sad, it's embarrassing

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:53 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

If they handed out most blind loyal supporter awards at Collingwood, he would win it.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:55 pm

^ whatsinaname

No what's really embarrassing is that over the next few years as this side is playing finals and challenging for a flag you will no doubt be pretending to have been a loyal supporter all the way along. It says much about your integrity that you have no objection in celebrating the wins but kick the team and club to the curb after any loses.

Fortunately, fair weather fans like yourself have zero influence to the mighty Collingwood football club as it should be.

Last edited by Adam Treloar 3 Votes on Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:57 pm; edited 1 time in total
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:56 pm

Deja Vu wrote:
Well at least he Doggies lost....
\\made my weekend!!
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:58 pm

^ whatsinaname

No what's really embarrassing is that over the next few years as this side is playing finals and challenging for a flag you will be pretending to have been a loyal supporter all the way along. It say much about your integrity that you are no objection celebrating the wins but kick the team and club to the Kirby after any loses.

Fortunately, fair weather fans like yourself have zero influence to the mighty Collingwood football club as it should be.

youve been here since May, hes been here since 2010, its been a long 7 years, hardly a fair weather supporter!!

E 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:00 pm

mudlark wrote:
E wrote:
people criticizing selection of Smith, Blair, Broomhead, Phillips, Daicos and Brown should answer this question. with 15 injured players unavailable for selection this week (including 7 of our best 1Cool, who is fit that DIDN'T play. Is Kirby the only one?

We know Geelong have a tallish backline and we had the 7 dwarves playing, so we could have included Keefe and/or White and I see Kirby kicked another 3 this week. Those 3 instead of Smith,Blair and >>>Did Broomhead play?/I know know kicked 2 goals but seriously, that was it.1 free in front and he ran onto a chaos ball in the first qtr and should have handballed over the top.With Brown and Daicos getting less than 10 touches between them we went in 5 players down.

So he brings in Keefe (who is not up to AFL standard and you criticize Bucks for playing spuds (as you all do for Blair, Broomhead, smith and Phillips).

If you watched the game, Scharenberg, Howe, Langdon and Dunn did just fine back there nullifying their bigs. most of their marks up there were by their big mids in Dangerfield and Menagola. whatever our problems, the backline wasnt the problem.

I agree with he assessment that in Daicos, brown, Blair, Broomhead, Phillips and especially Smith, we had too many players not yet up to AFL standard.

On the positive side, i really liked Aish's game. I think that kid still has a bright future. Problem is, i think he is actually an inside midfielder and we already have enough of those. He was pretty good in close and he was VERY good in the clearances in the middle.

round 1 next season, we can pencil in the following players.

Backs (5): Maynard, Howe, Langdon, Scharenberg (he is a beauty!!!) and Goldsack, Crisp - need one tall back to round out this group (McLarty, Schade, Dunn or Reid)

mids: Pendles, Treloar, Adams, DeGoey, Sidey, Wells, Aish, Greenwood, Varcoe and Grundy

Forwards: Moore, Elliot, Faz, Hoskin-Elliot and Reid (would love an A-grade tall so Reid can go back)

I wonder whether any of the young guys can step up. I'm pretty sure we should clear out the rest of the senior players who aren't on that list (although i bet i forgot someone).

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm

stui magpie wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:

Sad that you just don't get it. Actually it's not sad, it's embarrassing

Do you understand there's a correlation between bad kicking, poor decision making and poor disposal skills and losing games of footy. If our ladder position doesn't reveal the answer for you what does?
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:01 pm

^ Bucksisfuturecoach

Wow, thanks for the compliment although in modesty there would be others more deserving.

If trying to insult someone on a Collingwood supporters page by calling them a blind loyal supporter is not the definition of stupidity then I don't know what is. If you are not, then what the hell are you doing on this site?

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:05 pm

E wrote:
mudlark wrote:
E wrote:

We know Geelong have a tallish backline and we had the 7 dwarves playing, so we could have included Keefe and/or White and I see Kirby kicked another 3 this week. Those 3 instead of Smith,Blair and >>>Did Broomhead play?/I know know kicked 2 goals but seriously, that was it.1 free in front and he ran onto a chaos ball in the first qtr and should have handballed over the top.With Brown and Daicos getting less than 10 touches between them we went in 5 players down.

So he brings in Keefe (who is not up to AFL standard and you criticize Bucks for playing spuds (as you all do for Blair, Broomhead, smith and Phillips).

If you watched the game, Scharenberg, Howe, Langdon and Dunn did just fine back there nullifying their bigs. most of their marks up there were by their big mids in Dangerfield and Menagola. whatever our problems, the backline wasnt the problem.

I agree with he assessment that in Daicos, brown, Blair, Broomhead, Phillips and especially Smith, we had too many players not yet up to AFL standard.

On the positive side, i really liked Aish's game. I think that kid still has a bright future. Problem is, i think he is actually an inside midfielder and we already have enough of those. He was pretty good in close and he was VERY good in the clearances in the middle.

round 1 next season, we can pencil in the following players.

Backs (5): Maynard, Howe, Langdon, Scharenberg (he is a beauty!!!) and Goldsack, Crisp - need one tall back to round out this group (McLarty, Schade, Dunn or Reid)

mids: Pendles, Treloar, Adams, DeGoey, Sidey, Wells, Aish, Greenwood, Varcoe and Grundy

Forwards: Moore, Elliot, Faz, Hoskin-Elliot and Reid (would love an A-grade tall so Reid can go back)

I wonder whether any of the young guys can step up. I'm pretty sure we should clear out the rest of the senior players who aren't on that list (although i bet i forgot someone).

Why are we bringing Daicos into the equation? He and Brown were fine and have bright futures ahead of them. Certain other players however have no future ahead of them and wouldn't survive under any other senior coach.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 3 of 10   

Jump to: