Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Well,before you all get too worked up about that game,just remember we had about 8 of our best 22 out and Geelong only had two.I think there's the difference right there.Geelong look pretty ordinary to me.They took almost four quarters to get the better of a bottom six side that was depleted by injury.I reckon they will go out of the finals in straight sets,unless the A.F.L gifts them a home final.
Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:52 pm

Disappointing again.
Good effort with so many out.
But seriously Bucks.
Why did you allow Geelong to outnumber us in the forward line so we had no one to kick to? Just don't understand you Bucks?
slangman 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:53 pm

E wrote:
people criticizing selection of Smith, Blair, Broomhead, Phillips, Daicos and Brown should answer this question. with 15 injured players unavailable for selection this week (including 7 of our best 1Cool, who is fit that DIDN'T play. Is Kirby the only one?

Smith Blair Phillips and broomhead have all played more games this year than their form warranted.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PyreneesPie wrote:
[quote="Haff"]good loss. No need to win at all. Wish we'd sack Bucks this week but I'm 95% sure he'll keep his job!
Hopefully sqwaks win so we can't go any higher. Should have been tanking the last 5 rounds. What we've got out of the last 6 games is beyond me.[/quote]

Maybe it's helped to figure out who NOT to continue with next year.
Maybe you should ask someone older.
piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

Okay... 4 more quarters of pain with this tactically clueless coach, then we start anew with Roos, or another.
Just a bunch of butcherbirds under this bloke. It's over.
This equates to nothing more than another honourable loss.
The forward line is a dysfunctional clustercluck, which he has no idea whatsoever how to sort out.

Still, the players gave their all for 4 quarters, which is all we can expect under the circumstances with the injuries raping us.
We badly lacked Pendles composure in the middle when the heat was on the contest.

Reid and Elliott were useless and scatter brained, and pretty much lost us the game between them.
Smith volunteered himself for a compulsory delisting. His turnover in the 2nd quarter resulting in a Geebung goal was below VFL level.

Coxy busted his arse for us in the ruck all day, absolutely one of his better games.

Umpiring gets worse by the week, not better. Unbelievable.

Oh, and Geebung? Seriously - they are next to putrid.
Take out Dangerflog and they are finals roadkill. I'd like to see that.

Last edited by piedys on Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm; edited 1 time in total
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:56 pm

E wrote:
people criticizing selection of Smith, Blair, Broomhead, Phillips, Daicos and Brown should answer this question. with 15 injured players unavailable for selection this week (including 7 of our best 1Cool, who is fit that DIDN'T play. Is Kirby the only one?

We know Geelong have a tallish backline and we had the 7 dwarves playing, so we could have included Keefe and/or White and I see Kirby kicked another 3 this week. Those 3 instead of Smith,Blair and >>>Did Broomhead play?/I know know kicked 2 goals but seriously, that was it.1 free in front and he ran onto a chaos ball in the first qtr and should have handballed over the top.With Brown and Daicos getting less than 10 touches between them we went in 5 players down.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm

E wrote:

THIS , Look we had seven very much key players out today, and still gave Handbags a run for their money. Had we had a full side, or just greenwood and wells in, we would have won. Least we were not smashed, as a few on here said we would be, and if I barracked for the cats, with our Outs, I would not be too happy one game to play, and then finals. Surprised

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:58 pm

I'm sick and f%$king tired of watching the same old turnover footy, week in, week out, and usually the same players are at fault.

Smith
Phillips
Crisp
Blair
Thomas

Buckley has too much faith in players like this who continually make the same mistakes. It's time to bite the bullet and either trade, who would have them, or move them on.

Handballing to players who have 2 opposition players right on them is another example of poor skills or confusion on the players part.

Now you can all jump down my throat, I don't care, this comes down to coaching.

The first quarter today was good, positive play on football and resulted in 6 goals.

As soon as Geelong started to get a bit of the ball in the second, we reverted to the same old stop, start, sideways, switch it back and forth and eventually cost goals.

Enough is enough.

Greeny2968 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 5:59 pm

Thought Daicos played ok for a debut.
Tackled hard - better than Blair.
Should have dropped Blair and played Kirby.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:02 pm

piedys wrote:
Okay... 4 more quarters of pain with this tactically clueless coach, then we start anew with Roos, or another.
Just a bunch of butcherbirds under this bloke. It's over.
This equates to nothing more than another honourable loss.
The forward line is a dysfunctional clustercluck, which he has no idea whatsoever how to sort out.

Still, the players gave their all for 4 quarters, which is all we can expect under the circumstances with the injuries raping us.
We badly lacked Pendles composure in the middle when the heat was on the contest.

Reid and Elliott were useless and scatter brained, and pretty much lost us the game between them.
Smith volunteered himself for a compulsory delisting. His turnover in the 2nd quarter resulting in a Geebung goal was below VFL level.

Coxy busted his arse for us in the ruck all day, absolutely one of his better games.

Umpiring gets worse by the week, not better. Unbelievable.

Oh, and Geebung? Seriously - they are next to putrid.
Take out Dangerflog and they are finals roadkill. I'd like to see that.

Totally agree Dyso. Smith is the worst player in the AFL.The only game I saw live this year was the QB against Melbourne ,which we should have won by 6 goals, but it seems the further we are in front the more farkups Smith makes, kicking across goal and coughing it up 3 times.Twice in the space of 10 minutes.Blair??/Just useless and Broomhead. Well,no more please.Wherever he goes, if someone picks him up, he'll cause no problems to anyone.
CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 pm

What the hell's bells happened to Josh Smith over summer?
Were he and Ramma abducted by aliens?

The review needs to investigate these two, Fas, Jamie, Aish.
Too many potential best 22 players playing well below their best.
I'd assume Jamie's form is 50% physical but the rest have limited physical excuses.

I'd bet it's the coach not being able to sufficiently inspire, install confidence.
The last 6 years appear littered with similar examples.

Maybe there are the same amount of 'casualties' and fluctuations at every club under every coach?
But it feels like Buck's has had more than a random distribution.
magpieazza 

magpieazza

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:04 pm

Yay good effort gets us Sweet F A again.

Set and forget coaching .

Couldnt Buckley work out the loose defender situation?!?!?!?

WHY couldnt he?? WHY ??!!!

Sooo friggin small bodied and poorly skilled.

Im sick to death of these type of performances, clean out the place and get some fresh ideas in.....Plleeeeeeeeeease!!

BTW...I would like to know why we cant get our own Wylie Buzza type players....WTF are our recruiters doing????

I would advise Collingwood get at least 6 project players like Wylie Buzza and develop the F uck out of them....Geez do we have to be so mediocre forever!!!

Deja Vu 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:10 pm

Well at least he Doggies lost....
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Haff wrote:
good loss. No need to win at all. Wish we'd sack Bucks this week but I'm 95% sure he'll keep his job!
Hopefully sqwaks win so we can't go any higher. Should have been tanking the last 5 rounds. What we've got out of the last 6 games is beyond me.

Geez - you hope we lose, want the coach sacked and want the dawks to win. You can't be a Collingwood supporter.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:16 pm

mudlark wrote:
Totally agree Dyso. Smith is the worst player in the AFL. The only game I saw live this year was the QB against Melbourne ,which we should have won by 6 goals, but it seems the further we are in front the more farkups Smith makes, kicking across goal and coughing it up 3 times. Twice in the space of 10 minutes.Blair??/Just useless and Broomhead. Well,no more please. Wherever he goes, if someone picks him up, he'll cause no problems to anyone.

Yeah Muddy, I know. We are both broken, and so is the club.
Whatever is wrong here won't simply be fixed by removing a few nuffies in the coaches box, or delisting/trading players over the break. It might take awhile.

I really am sick of yelling "oh f*ck me dead..." at the TV every time the most simple of forward entries to goal gets arsed up by ineptitude, and rebounds out.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 2 of 10   

Jump to: