Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
View previous topic :: View next topic  
uncanny 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:39 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

A record number of stoppages for the game apparently. Reid looked cooked along with the rest of the side by the latter part of the game.
Adams kept boring in all day and creating options.
Yes give Phillips more time and see what he's got.
Dunn did a great job on Taylor and is worth his spot next year.
Scharenburg's best game yet.
Please no more Blair. How many single figure possession games til he goes?
Too many small players of his ilk in the forward line.
Daicos was one of those but didn't look out of place and will only get better.
Brown in the same boat. They'll be right playing with bigger bodies around them.
Darcy is the future of the forward line. Desperately need another marking target to support him. Why wouldn't you mix things up and throw Howe down there with the game on the line in the last quarter? We just played into their hands. No plan B let alone C. Same methodical approach that the other side works out then turns the screws.
Coxy proved me wrong and showed he has a future. Main weakness is getting outbodied in marking contests. If he can get this right as well as improving his tap work to advantage (he gets his hand to it) then who knows. He has started taking the running and jump marks.
How disappointing that miss from WHE in the last was. They were a spent force by then but you never know what a goal does to the energy levels. Not far off but continue to lose games like this. Gotta roll the dice. Stuart Dew for coach...

mudlark 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 21, 2017 9:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:
BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
slangman wrote:
Geez we have 5-8 players who are not good enough.
A clean out of poorly skilled players is priority no. 1.

Phillips, Blair, Broomhead, Smith all passengers....again

Phillips was our equal highest possession player for the game, so I can't see how you can call him a passenger.

Jezza is spot on in my opinion. I couldn't have written a better summary of the game. Phillips may have had 26 possessions but he butchered half of them. Then we come to Smith. Elliot is a forward who relies on people upfield to feed him the ball. You have a guy like Smith who can't hit the side of a barn door. If I was Elliot I would have walked off the field at half time with the delivery he was getting. Now we come to Blair. Like Smith, Blair is a star at VFL level. However at AFL level he can't beat an opponent unless he's on his own 30m from goal to receive a dead eye pass.

I agree that Smith, Blair and perhaps Broomhead were all passengers, but that can't be said of Philips. He's no star and will need to improve his kicking skills and decision-making if he is to remain in our team going forward, but atm he is earning his spot.

Rudey.I said in pre posts and during the game and I've said it for weeks.If we have these 4 players in all together we are doomed from the beginning. Definitely 3 players down with Blair,Broomhead and Smith,who has become the worst player in the AFL .Phillips,who I tried to cut some slack, coughed up 3 goals with his pathetic attempts to clear the ball from defence, plonking it straight into the arms of an opposition player well within range and generally nearly straight in front, rather than on an angle.This is not a one off mind you, it's every week he plays.So we are automatically 4 men down against a top 4 opposition and we get done by a mere 2 goals.
If we select a couple of taller players Keefe and White and an X factor in Kirby,who kicked another 3 this week, we would have been far better served than playing these 4 who have, or should have,NO future at Collingwood. Herein lies the problem I have with Buckley.He keeps playing these duds who have been letting us down for years now.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 2:25 pm

^ White played in the early games this year and did little that's why he was dropped or did you forget that bit?
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:43 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
^ White played in the early games this year and did little that's why he was dropped or did you forget that bit?

Cross off White's name in your sentence and insert Blair's name. The two are interchangeable with regard to to doing little and being dropped. Yet Blair gets back in obviously being a favourite, while the other has to make do in the VFL and announces his retirement, despite our being desperately short of KPP's. So the midgets win out again while the talls get traded, play VFL, or retire.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 5:52 pm

I'll comment on that matey.If White had got as many bites of the cherry as Blair and Broomhead we would most definitely have seen a better response. I will also add that I was a little shocked at his last axing as I thought he played a pretty good game and I'll add it was a sight better than any thing Blair ,Broomhead and Smith have dished up this year, but you obviously don't WANT to see these "Bits" do you??
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 6:27 pm

mudlark wrote:
I'll comment on that matey.If White had got as many bites of the cherry as Blair and Broomhead we would most definitely have seen a better response. I will also add that I was a little shocked at his last axing as I thought he played a pretty good game and I'll add it was a sight better than any thing Blair ,Broomhead and Smith have dished up this year, but you obviously don't WANT to see these "Bits" do you??

We each see it differently I guess. I thought White's last game at Etihad was an absolute shocker and I was not surprised it was his last ever senior game.
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:20 pm

There's no doubt Collingwood have a good record against Geelong. But no one cares because they have won 14 .5 games and Collingwood have won 8.5. Collingwood have been competitive in most games, playing majority ugly, negative football to stay in many of those games. After a great start on the weekend talented players like Sidebottom started kicking backwards in the 2nd quarter when we were 3 goals up, so the opposition slowly ground us down. The result - hounourable loss number 12. It is possible that it would have been better to be coached to actually take the game on and we could have had 3 more wins combined with a few 10 goal losses and still been a rough hope of making the 8. That last 3 quarters on the weekend was tough to watch.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Tue Aug 22, 2017 10:33 pm

Cruisinwithdids wrote:
There's no doubt Collingwood have a good record against Geelong. But no one cares because they have won 14 .5 games and Collingwood have won 8.5. Collingwood have been competitive in most games, playing majority ugly, negative football to stay in many of those games. After a great start on the weekend talented players like Sidebottom started kicking backwards in the 2nd quarter when we were 3 goals up, so the opposition slowly ground us down. The result - hounourable loss number 12. It is possible that it would have been better to be coached to actually take the game on and we could have had 3 more wins combined with a few 10 goal losses and still been a rough hope of making the 8. That last 3 quarters on the weekend was tough to watch.

Or we may have lost by 90 points.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
Page 10 of 10   

Jump to: