Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies down to Cats - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
daics aka the ruckman 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:48 am
Post subject: Reply with quote

Why can we look so good in the first quarter and look ordinary in the next three ? A poster last week said something like we can look exciting and clueless in the same game. We did that again today.

We can never kick successfully more than five times in a row. The fifth kick will turn it over which is why I get so angry when we won't kick forward and have a chance to pressure their defence. Instead we will go backwards, sideways, sideways, backwards then turnover.

Umpiring rubbish. Second quarter Geelong fail to nominate a ruckman so we have a free hit but the throw in is too shallow to touch. Repeat throw in and Geelong are allowed to nominate. Umpires took away our advantage through no fault of ours.

Like the the look of Josh Daicos. Kicking, handballing and tackling superb.

Mason Cox great game.

58pie 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:23 am

Thought Bucks should have gone but now I am sure he should stay. H's speech was was so unusual it was disturbing to see him so way out. Bucks you are a champion and you will be a champion coach. Go Pies in 2018. 58 Pie.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:02 am

As for players? coach? I see a lot of posters are focussing on the players. Although, at the same time mentioning the style of play. perhaps the players just can't control the ball with the skill required for a high possession game or a passage when changing tempo. Would they have the requisite skills to play a different style or is there a successful game plan that succeeds without skills that Buckley should invent?
Tezza23 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:35 pm

John LEWIN wrote:
As for players? coach? I see a lot of posters are focussing on the players. Although, at the same time mentioning the style of play. perhaps the players just can't control the ball with the skill required for a high possession game or a passage when changing tempo. Would they have the requisite skills to play a different style or is there a successful game plan that succeeds without skills that Buckley should invent?

I noticed you just joined yesterday. Does the club pay you to join forums like this and constantly praise and defend Buckley ?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 pm

BucksIsFutureCoach wrote:
RudeBoy wrote:
slangman wrote:
Geez we have 5-8 players who are not good enough.
A clean out of poorly skilled players is priority no. 1.

Phillips, Blair, Broomhead, Smith all passengers....again

Phillips was our equal highest possession player for the game, so I can't see how you can call him a passenger.

Jezza is spot on in my opinion. I couldn't have written a better summary of the game. Phillips may have had 26 possessions but he butchered half of them. Then we come to Smith. Elliot is a forward who relies on people upfield to feed him the ball. You have a guy like Smith who can't hit the side of a barn door. If I was Elliot I would have walked off the field at half time with the delivery he was getting. Now we come to Blair. Like Smith, Blair is a star at VFL level. However at AFL level he can't beat an opponent unless he's on his own 30m from goal to receive a dead eye pass.

I agree that Smith, Blair and perhaps Broomhead were all passengers, but that can't be said of Philips. He's no star and will need to improve his kicking skills and decision-making if he is to remain in our team going forward, but atm he is earning his spot.
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:46 pm

Posters having a crack at Phillips have no idea, he is 21 years old and has played 23 games or so. He is by no means the finished product yet and will improve year on year. He is a running machine and has the potential to be a good player for us in time.
Magpietothemax Taurus

magpietothemax

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:26 pm

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
Posters having a crack at Phillips have no idea, he is 21 years old and has played 23 games or so. He is by no means the finished product yet and will improve year on year. He is a running machine and has the potential to be a good player for us in time.

I agree that Phillips has done more than enough to show that we definitely need to persist with him next year, and that he has shown real potential.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:30 pm

I did not know it is finished product and will improve year on year .
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:42 pm

The fact is we lost by less than 2 goals to a top 4 side, despite us missing 8 of our best 22 players - Grundy, Pendles, Wells, Varcoe, Greenwood, De Goey, Goldsack and Fasolo. It meant we fielded a team with several players, not really up to top AFL standard - Blair, Smith, Broomhead and Phillips, as well as fielding 2 novices who are not really quite ready in Brown and Daicos. In truth, we should have copped a 100 point hiding. But Bucks has our whole team playing very disciplined and committed footy, regardless of the talent we have on the park. Overall, we can be proud of our team's efforts, but hope that next year we front up with an improved list and start winning what this year have been far too many 'honourable losses'.
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 4:50 pm

Dear Tezza, the answer to all your questions is no. I pay my membership fees to the club and have done so for twenty years. It is unfortunate that I haven't been registered before, I agree. I have just enjoyed reading the posts. I made a donation to Nicks to keep the show on the road today. Let's stick to the facts and the arguments. If you disagree with my post I welcome your reasons. There is no need to question my motivation. I hope we share the same affection for our club.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:35 pm

He is a running machine, he is young but is found wanting with three major elements of playing AFL
T
1. He is a bit slow
2. He is not a good kick (when that was meant to be an asset)
3. His decision making is well below par

Having said that I wish him well but think overall he is a good ordinary player who has been found wanting on more than one occasion.

I hope he proves me wrong and establishes himself as a very good player but the evidence that I've seen so far is he is coming up short and is not AFL material yet. I hope he works on his kicking and builds some strength in the pre-season.

And, I do have an idea. In fact I started "Ideas aren't us" and I read New Idea although the latter to be fair is hard work.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:41 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
What'sinaname wrote:
Winning isn't yours I see.

Unfortunately I am not playing, so the winning bit for me N/A. My role is supporter, through good and bad. Supporting, showing loyalty, giving those in charge my backing so to decrease the amount the pressure they have which in turn, gives them the best opportunity for success. Those who publicly bag the players, the coaching staff etc at every turn are clearly not supporting the club in my view.

Problem with that logic is that if you continue to back the same horse and it can't win then you'll end up broke. The Collingwood Football Club is fast descending down this road. The crowds??/ are abysmal for Collingwood and I feel if Buckley is reappointed for a few more years then memberships will be affected.But to use the hoary old chestnut, we've all got an opinion and we're all entitled to it.Whether we have to agree or not is a totally different argument.
mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 6:57 pm

Piesnchess wrote:
Cruisinwithdids wrote:
Piesnchess wrote:
Did Collingwood have such limp wristed, whinging, bitching, moaning, sooky La la supporters in the past or is this a new phenomena?

We lost by a couple of goals to a side currently second on the ladder with 7 of our best 22 unavailable for selection including many of our experienced players. You clowns have no idea.

I'm disappointed, but really, common, we had 7 or 8 absolute key players sidelined, if only 1 had played, say Grundy, we would have won. It is what it is, take 7 top players outa ANY team, and theyd struggle to win. Fact.

Surprised

You also need to look at the opposition sometimes. They were missing Selwood, Blicavs, Hawkins so put our guys in and also theirs and where does that leave things? Those 3 are critical to their structure so the injury excuse is fine as long as you assess the opposition also.

only Hawkins and duckwood are really good, that's it. That's two to our eight or so, and pendles, greenwood, varcoe, wells, would have made a very significant difference, no doubt of it.

And I'll just mention this to anyone who wants to listen, that the first time we played them, they had ALL the aforementioned players and we flogged them.OK???
John LEWIN 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:42 pm

I can't remember who we had then that we didn't yesterday?
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:51 pm

I agree, and in time his endurance and left foot will be a weapon.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
Page 9 of 10   

Jump to: