Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heritier Lumumba about to launch a broadside at the club

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Geek 

geek

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:56 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
The chimp nickname is a disgrace and embarrassing for the club. Hopefully serious questions have or are being asked as to how that was deemed to be acceptable. Collingwood should aspire to be better than that.

I am a 44 yr old white Caucasian male and have had to work bloody hard for everything that I have. I am certainly not racist and am empathetic to indigenous Australians for the cruelties and injustices inflicted upon past generations.

However, i am sick and tired of the carry on from Adam Goodes and H over this white privilege crap. Especially when it is coming from highly paid ex football players that have never worked a hard day in their lives.

Enough of the 'me' time. Hopefully the AFL doesn't give him a plumb administrative job as he is just another adjitator like akimanis.

Yep.

I had parents that worked hard to give me a stable upbringing. They were pretty poor and spent most of the time arguing but sacrificed their own wellbeing for their kids. They made sure I read from an early age and pumped me full of good food and fought me tooth and nail away from junk food and junk TV. They put me forward for everything that they thought was good for me and always, always encouraged me to do and be my best.

I paid attention in class and stayed away from the dangerous types. I studied hard and got a partial scholarship to a school my parents still couldn't afford. They went without so I could stay there and pushed, cajoled and fought with me to keep at it when I wanted to quit.

I failed uni twice but came back after some time away and bagged a masters degree full time at nights while working a c*** of a job during the day. I paid full fees off my own bat that final time. I've fought anxiety, depression, ADD, OCD, substance abuse, am on the spectrum and have a degenerative back condition that limits my time in front of computers these days. Not so good when IT is your meal ticket.

Against all that, I turn 43 at the start of October with a fiance, a child, a modest mortgage and a spot at the table. I know I will never be CEO. I've been tagged geek and nerd and been pigeon holed as being "not good with people". But rather than sooking about prejudice have turned around and owned it. None of my friends or associates, in spite of being white men, will ever be on the board of anything. They have all had their struggles. They have all made do and fought and sacrificed to make it to their middle of the road jobs with middle of the road prospects. We've all done the 50 - 70 hour a week jobs. Some kicked on to work smarter, some continue to plug away because they need to to get where they think they want to go. White privilege? White fragility? What a ****ing insult.
Hiss Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:03 am
Post subject: YeshReply with quote

I am a white Anglo middle aged male who is a proud traditionalist and staunch
Member of the RSL. I am now an endangered species in my own country. I am a minority who experiences racial and social discrimination. My skin colour offends the ABC and the left. I am constantly harassed by security guards at the football due to my beliefs. I am unable to speak freely for fear of media harassment and bullying for my views. So Harry, try being a middle aged white male in Australia today and I'll show you real discrimination.

Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:16 am

I didn't know Andrew Bolt was a pies supporter
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:47 am
Post subject: Re: YeshReply with quote

Hiss wrote:
I am a white Anglo middle aged male who is a proud traditionalist and staunch
Member of the RSL. I am now an endangered species in my own country. I am a minority who experiences racial and social discrimination. My skin colour offends the ABC and the left. I am constantly harassed by security guards at the football due to my beliefs. I am unable to speak freely for fear of media harassment and bullying for my views. So Harry, try being a middle aged white male in Australia today and I'll show you real discrimination.

You been fiddling the books too at the RSL? I'll show you rorting and corruption. Very discriminating

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-06-16/nsw-rsl-under-investigation-for-new-financial-irregularity-cases/8623770

RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 3:03 am

Sadly, Heritier is a narcissist. Everything has to revolve around him, and everything wrong in his life is someone else's fault. The more he talks or writes, the more he makes a complete fool of himself. He is also not very bright, but for some reason considers himself super intelligent. What he does not want to admit is that playing football was the only thing he was good at, and it was the only reason he had a platform to speak from. Without Collingwood, Heritier would be a nobody.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 7:53 am

I reckon H was hoping to release this to derail our finals aspirations. He didn't count on Buckley doing that by Round 7.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:11 am

Lol!
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:32 am

RudeBoy wrote:
Sadly, Heritier is a narcissist. Everything has to revolve around him, and everything wrong in his life is someone else's fault. The more he talks or writes, the more he makes a complete fool of himself. He is also not very bright, but for some reason considers himself super intelligent. What he does not want to admit is that playing football was the only thing he was good at, and it was the only reason he had a platform to speak from. Without Collingwood, Heritier would be a nobody.

Well summed up. As Elvis Costello once wrote "I want to bite the hand that feeds me, I want to bite that hand so badly, I wanna make them wish they'd never seen me.....". He's an attention seeker and the coach deaLt with the question brilliantly at his presser yesterday.

Last edited by Mugwump on Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:42 am; edited 1 time in total
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:35 am

Geek wrote:
Adam Treloar 3 Votes wrote:
The chimp nickname is a disgrace and embarrassing for the club. Hopefully serious questions have or are being asked as to how that was deemed to be acceptable. Collingwood should aspire to be better than that.

I am a 44 yr old white Caucasian male and have had to work bloody hard for everything that I have. I am certainly not racist and am empathetic to indigenous Australians for the cruelties and injustices inflicted upon past generations.

However, i am sick and tired of the carry on from Adam Goodes and H over this white privilege crap. Especially when it is coming from highly paid ex football players that have never worked a hard day in their lives.

Enough of the 'me' time. Hopefully the AFL doesn't give him a plumb administrative job as he is just another adjitator like akimanis.

Yep.

I had parents that worked hard to give me a stable upbringing. They were pretty poor and spent most of the time arguing but sacrificed their own wellbeing for their kids. They made sure I read from an early age and pumped me full of good food and fought me tooth and nail away from junk food and junk TV. They put me forward for everything that they thought was good for me and always, always encouraged me to do and be my best.

I paid attention in class and stayed away from the dangerous types. I studied hard and got a partial scholarship to a school my parents still couldn't afford. They went without so I could stay there and pushed, cajoled and fought with me to keep at it when I wanted to quit.

I failed uni twice but came back after some time away and bagged a masters degree full time at nights while working a c*** of a job during the day. I paid full fees off my own bat that final time. I've fought anxiety, depression, ADD, OCD, substance abuse, am on the spectrum and have a degenerative back condition that limits my time in front of computers these days. Not so good when IT is your meal ticket.

Against all that, I turn 43 at the start of October with a fiance, a child, a modest mortgage and a spot at the table. I know I will never be CEO. I've been tagged geek and nerd and been pigeon holed as being "not good with people". But rather than sooking about prejudice have turned around and owned it. None of my friends or associates, in spite of being white men, will ever be on the board of anything. They have all had their struggles. They have all made do and fought and sacrificed to make it to their middle of the road jobs with middle of the road prospects. We've all done the 50 - 70 hour a week jobs. Some kicked on to work smarter, some continue to plug away because they need to to get where they think they want to go. White privilege? White fragility? What a ****ing insult.

Superb post. Frame this and put it on the wall.

MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 9:43 am

RudeBoy wrote:

Bit harsh. He was decent enough to turn up at the Copeland trophy when he left the club. As I said earlier he has issues to raise but I think he misrepresented matters that occurred to him between he and Buckley and other players, as racially based, or homophobic, when in fact they were innocent. If Maxwell or Malthouse had been there at the time, none of those things would have escalated into a major incident. I'm not blaming Buckley, or any of the players, or Lumumba for what happened. None of us are perfect. That's just life.
David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:10 am

thesoretoothsayer wrote:
From WWOS:
Quote:
alleges he was called Chimp by Magpies teammates for years, a claim disputed by the club

So let's wait for corroboration before we believe his story.

Quote:
In the documentary the former half-back said he stormed into Buckleys office and called the coach an insensitive f---.
You have fantastic football knowledge but you lack sensitivity and emotional intelligence, Lumumba says he told Buckley.

There you go folks.
The problem isn't gameplan or turnovers.
The problem is Buckley isn't sensitive enough.

This is actually quite possibly Buckley's key problem as a coach and one of the reasons why his tactical skill and own rigorous fitness regime haven't translated to infield success. People management is hugely important, and yes, sensitivity is a key factor in that.

Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:42 am

Who? The club gave him everything, a massive soap box to push his "woe is me" agenda and when the princess left he lost that soapbox. I'm surprised it's only a Doco as you normally push the Collingwood line if it's a book. It's on SBS and may get more viewers than Australia's Fox news. Shocked

It's really hard when you go from someone to no one in a blink of an eye.
Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:25 pm

Couldn't care less from a negative, ungrateful self indulgent sook.
Most aired previously. He just needs more publicity.

Kill for Collingwood 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:28 pm

Arrest Bucks for Barcelona attacks and Boston riots now before he does something else hideous contributing to the disintegration of the feee world.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:40 pm

David wrote:
thesoretoothsayer wrote:
From WWOS:
Quote:
alleges he was called Chimp by Magpies teammates for years, a claim disputed by the club

So let's wait for corroboration before we believe his story.

Quote:
In the documentary the former half-back said he stormed into Buckleys office and called the coach an insensitive f---.
You have fantastic football knowledge but you lack sensitivity and emotional intelligence, Lumumba says he told Buckley.

There you go folks.
The problem isn't gameplan or turnovers.
The problem is Buckley isn't sensitive enough.

This is actually quite possibly Buckley's key problem as a coach and one of the reasons why his tactical skill and own rigorous fitness regime haven't translated to infield success. People management is hugely important, and yes, sensitivity is a key factor in that.

pretty much what ive been saying for the last 2 seasons. hes too inflexible, doesnt get not everyone has his work ethic.

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4 ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 3 of 36   

Jump to: