Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Heritier Lumumba about to launch a broadside at the club

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Adam Treloar 3 Votes 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:07 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

The chimp nickname is a disgrace and embarrassing for the club. Hopefully serious questions have or are being asked as to how that was deemed to be acceptable. Collingwood should aspire to be better than that.

I am a 44 yr old white Caucasian male and have had to work bloody hard for everything that I have. I am certainly not racist and am empathetic to indigenous Australians for the cruelties and injustices inflicted upon past generations.

However, i am sick and tired of the carry on from Adam Goodes and H over this white privilege crap. Especially when it is coming from highly paid ex football players that have never worked a hard day in their lives.

Enough of the 'me' time. Hopefully the AFL doesn't give him a plumb administrative job as he is just another adjitator like akimanis.

piedys Taurus

Heeeeeeere's Dyso!!!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 1:56 pm

slangman wrote:
I'm sick of hearing about him.
He comes across as a person who loves to tell others about their faults, but he definitely hasn't been squeaky clean either.

I'm glad he left our club.

Totally. Narcissistic, ungrateful A-grade flog. Good riddance tool.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 2:05 pm

Heritier has become a SJW snowflake.

I'm sick of his attention seeking behaviour. Has he properly mourned Muhammad Ali's death?

Redlight 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 3:42 pm

The Herald Sun has an update...

Quote:
His time at Collingwood featured 1999 games from 2005-14

Phew. No wonder he's a bit grumpy.
lihei Capricorn

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 6:14 pm

Flog and pin up boy for everything that is Ł$%$ed in this country at the moment.
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:10 pm

David wrote:
He certainly nails the AFL's corporate 'diversity and tolerance' policy for the bullshit that it is.

Quote:
"The players' association visit the clubs once a year. They don't talk about racism, they talk about racial vilification. It was always 'don't say this, you can't say that' – and the AFL itself doesn't really understand racism.

"Their total lack of education about racism leads to a total lack of education among the players. To say I didn't experience racism even at Melbourne from some supporters would be an absolute lie.

"Now the AFL is reaching out to culturally diverse and Indigenous communities because they realise it was an opportunity to expand their market. Not because they want to create harmonious communities. Not because they want to deconstruct racism."

Lumumba said when the AFL told former Gold Coast Sun Joel Wilkinson not to speak publicly about being racially vilified he became disillusioned with the multicultural program and – in 2013 – quit being an ambassador. "They [the AFL] completely silenced him from speaking about his case. That was a big opportunity lost for the league.

Correct Weight David.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:17 pm

If all you have is a hammer, everything looks like a nail
inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:18 pm

ronrat wrote:
Like it or not he was at football clubs. You can't expect 18 year old kids to be the leaders in social change. Even Fuzzy got sick of his bullshit.
Heritier or whatever he wants to call himself needs to realise he is not the centre of attention.
Working class people who struggle to pay the membership and then expect them to care a rats clacker about issues that don't immediately effect them.

If he wants to go into politics he should check section 44 of the constitution and go for it.

Yeah hated the reference Les directed at Seedsman as Fuzzy went Lesbian after him!

watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:21 pm

The link shows the term Chimp had been used, no debate about that. Reflects poorly on those involved at the time.

He was a wonderful member of our 2010 Premiership team.

He has issues, the club has issues.

Hopefully, O'Brien's place in our club and his work will assist in contributing to a better understanding of race issues for the club.

To this end, the drafting of the calibre of players like Varcoe & Wells will also foster this development and assist players like Kirby to transition into a being good AFL footy players and "good" people. Kirby's hero / role model as it were is Adam Goodes. An excellent choice for a footy player. I hope he can play half as good as Goodes.

jatsad 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:34 pm

He alienated himself at the club and that is why he was shifted.
Took offence at every little thing.

K 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 7:50 pm

think positive wrote:
If he really had the nickname chimp, that's really disgusting. Not one other player, a more senior player , they are not all 18, said "hey, that's not on"?

<snip>

As for what goes on inside the club stays there, nope, not always, that's how the Catholic Church has ended in such a mess. I can just see that meeting in my mind. It would have taken a lot of courage for Harry to stand up like that. And knowing enough bogan Aussie males I can just see the reaction. Point is, the first time someone called him Chimp, even if in a drunken haze, it should have been pulled up as unacceptable. It should have gone no further. That goes for any other derogatory nickname.

Re. "what goes on inside the club stays inside", I really meant it as a criticism of whoever leaked stuff about H. at the time, presumably another player or players (though it's possible to have leaked to the outside indirectly, i.e. leaked from player to staff or family and from there to the outside).
A betrayal of trust, I'd say. Implicitly or explicitly, such conversations are clearly meant to be private.

5 from the wing on debut wrote:
K wrote:

I also note that rumours at the time seem to have been pretty accurate, which I also find disturbing. Surely, what goes on inside the walls of the club should stay in the club, not be leaked to outsiders?

You are disturbed that what occurred was leaked to the public but not concerned that one person in the room has decided to use the events to gain publicity for himself ? Why are you concerned ? Are you the promoter of this venture & are worried about exclusivity?

I didn't say I was happy about the doco. or all of H's actions. Re. the leak, see what I wrote above. It's a betrayal of trust. If they didn't like what he said, they should just have said so in the meeting. Instead, someone took the cowardly option, i.e. leaking, while hidden behind anonymity. That's not how team-mates should operate. You ask why I'm concerned. I ask, why are you not concerned? Your last sentence, taken as a joke, is not witty; and taken semi-seriously, it doesn't actually make any sense.
thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:34 pm

From WWOS:
Quote:
alleges he was called “Chimp” by Magpies teammates for years, a claim disputed by the club

So let's wait for corroboration before we believe his story.

Quote:
In the documentary the former half-back said he stormed into Buckley’s office and called the coach “an insensitive f---”.
“You have fantastic football knowledge but you lack sensitivity and emotional intelligence,” Lumumba says he told Buckley.

There you go folks.
The problem isn't gameplan or turnovers.
The problem is Buckley isn't sensitive enough.
Member 7167 Leo

"What Good Fortune For Governments That The People Do Not Think" - Adolf Hitler.

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 9:13 pm

HL now lives in a world where he is past news. It is obvious that he cannot accept that he is irrelevant from a public perspective.

It was a good player for us at times but became distracted by things outside of football. I personally thought that his role was as a footballer but he wanted to be a moral compass. I personally do not need the assistance of the HL's of this world to help me form balanced and educated opinions.

The sooner he disappears the better. He is dstructuve at best

inxs88 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:45 pm

Who would have thought that we had our own version of Akker at our club!!
Cruisinwithdids 

PostPosted: Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:48 pm

Wow, so many people on here know so much about Lamumba. All so judgemental. As long as it makes everyone feel better to bag the shit out of him , then go ahead. He was an important player in a flag team, something Buckley never was - maybe there's jelousy there. It just depends what lense you want to look through.
Post new topic   This topic is locked: you cannot edit posts or make replies.    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, ... 34, 35, 36  Next
Page 2 of 36   

Jump to: