Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Things we do for our kids.

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern

Goto page 1, 2  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:22 pm
Post subject: Things we do for our kids.Reply with quote

Couldn't figure where to put this, so I started a new one. Also thinking of Culprit's story about what he did for his kids.

So I just paid off the XR6 out of lease. Cost me $7k, could sell the car easy for $10,500 -$11,000 but like a dickhead I've let my son take it.

He's going to make weekly payments on it, we'll see how long that lasts, hopefully this "getting his shit together" isn't just a temporary aberration and it sticks.

So instead of bumping the bank balance by $3k, I'm down by $7k at the same time as I'm buying the holiday house and have to pay the deposit and all the other shit.

Haven't seen my bank balance going south this fast since the last Vegas Holiday.

Geez I've stumped some coin into this kid over the last 10 years, but I suppose in the end it will be worth it. His sister on the other hand, I have to fight with her when I give her stuff like a second hand fridge because she wants to pay me for it.

think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 9:20 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

even it up in the will!!
Morrigu Capricorn

PostPosted: Thu Aug 17, 2017 11:12 pm

Well I have never given them whiskas - does that count? Wink Very Happy
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:26 am

3 daughters; 26, 20 & 17.... plus a 4 week old grand daughter.

Cry me a river Stui Wink

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:33 am

I spent $100 on one of these on a whim. He hasn't used it that much yet, but I haven't given up hope...
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 6:51 am

Ummm. Keep it for the next baby, he's kinda out grown that!
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 am

Skids wrote:
3 daughters; 26, 20 & 17.... plus a 4 week old grand daughter.

Cry me a river Stui Wink

Cry yourself a river, here. Razz

Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:23 am

Why do it yourself, when you can have others do it for you?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DXg6UB9Qk0o

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDVAUbur9MA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Gro0_CTteOw

Or you could have the Space Captain and his entire choir cry it for you:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kHA2afBxmbs
Skids Cancer

Quitting drinking will be one of the best choices you make in your life.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 9:33 am

Sitting out the front of my donga last night & the new neighbour rocks up. I'd heard him all week (very thin walls) & smelt his filthy ciggy smoke wafting under my door at 0400hr, but hadn't spoke to him.

Young kid (19) on his first FIFO gig.

We shared a couple of brews and started yarning, the usual stuff; where your from, previous jobs and family.

Kids an only child and hasn't seen or heard from his dad since he took off to Bali 7 years ago. He lives with and supports his Mum, she never got over it apparently.

Just made me think how lucky we are that we can spoil our kids.

David Libra

I dare you to try

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 10:37 am

think positive wrote:
Ummm. Keep it for the next baby, he's kinda out grown that!

Nope, he still fits in the seat! I bought it for him well over a year ago and he hasn't used it a lot, but he's managed to derive some enjoyment from it.

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 3:03 pm
Post subject: Re: Things we do for our kids.Reply with quote

stui magpie wrote:
Couldn't figure where to put this, so I started a new one. Also thinking of Culprit's story about what he did for his kids.

So I just paid off the XR6 out of lease. Cost me $7k, could sell the car easy for $10,500 -$11,000 but like a dickhead I've let my son take it.

He's going to make weekly payments on it, we'll see how long that lasts, hopefully this "getting his shit together" isn't just a temporary aberration and it sticks.

So instead of bumping the bank balance by $3k, I'm down by $7k at the same time as I'm buying the holiday house and have to pay the deposit and all the other shit.

Haven't seen my bank balance going south this fast since the last Vegas Holiday.

Geez I've stumped some coin into this kid over the last 10 years, but I suppose in the end it will be worth it. His sister on the other hand, I have to fight with her when I give her stuff like a second hand fridge because she wants to pay me for it.

You're children appear to represent the two sides of Stui that I've come to know via your posting over these years.

It's fair to say that out of everyone on this board you more than anyone possess two distinct sides that seemingly shouldn't co-exist in the one person.

On the one hand we have the sensible educated white collar professional and yet at heart you're just a Alabama Hillbilly. Laughing

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:45 pm

swoop42 wrote:
stui magpie wrote:

You're children appear to represent the two sides of Stui that I've come to know via your posting over these years.

It's fair to say that out of everyone on this board you more than anyone possess two distinct sides that seemingly shouldn't co-exist in the one person.

On the one hand we have the sensible educated white collar professional and yet at heart you're just a Alabama Hillbilly. Laughing

As good a description as most., although I'd probably chose "Bush Bogan" Razz

If I ever get personalised licence plates, I've decided they will say "Anomaly" which is what I've been described as too many times. Wink

stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 7:48 pm

Skids wrote:
Sitting out the front of my donga last night & the new neighbour rocks up. I'd heard him all week (very thin walls) & smelt his filthy ciggy smoke wafting under my door at 0400hr, but hadn't spoke to him.

Young kid (19) on his first FIFO gig.

We shared a couple of brews and started yarning, the usual stuff; where your from, previous jobs and family.

Kids an only child and hasn't seen or heard from his dad since he took off to Bali 7 years ago. He lives with and supports his Mum, she never got over it apparently.

Just made me think how lucky we are that we can spoil our kids.

That's why we do it, we want them to have the things we didn't.

mandy Sagittarius

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:04 pm

stui magpie wrote:
His sister on the other hand, I have to fight with her when I give her stuff like a second hand fridge because she wants to pay me for it.

This is my daughter. I'm so proud and impressed by her in this last year since she moved out of home. She works part time as a waitress while putting herself through Uni. She never asks for anything.

It makes me sad to feel I'm not needed anymore. Recently we were at the supermarket and I was begging her to let me buy her something. Deodorant??? Shampoo??? Razors????

Finally she let me buy her a new toothbrush. I bought her 3.

Also last month she had a really bad cold. I took her to the Doctor (she still needs Mummy for that!) then we went to the chemist to get her prescription. I told her she should get a wheatbag to heat, it would make her feel better. I then found out later from her boyfriend that they don't actually have a microwave. Shocked

The next day I went to Kmart and bought them one. Made me feel good. Like a Mum again.

#SIDEBYSIDE
stui magpie Gemini

PostPosted: Fri Aug 18, 2017 8:18 pm

^

Was yours a demon bitch from hell from 14-16 too?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Victoria Park Tavern All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2   

Jump to: