Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Power - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Jezza wrote:
He should be cited by the MRP. The AFL has made it abundantly clear that the head is sacred.

Well, it would be justice if Ollie Wines has to answer to this, for sure, but I've given up on there being any "justice" in footy. Very Happy
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:32 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
So, does anyone reckon that Ollie Wines will get cited for his head high hit on Langdon? Probably not, because a) Langdon is a Collingwood player and b) Tommy did not make a fuss of it.
The insconsistency of the MRP drives me mad.

IF want to have any Integrity he should at least get 2 Weeks for that Cheap Shot.

Worse then what Grundy Did

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:33 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
[quote="Jezza"]He should be cited by the MRP. The AFL has made it abundantly clear that the head is sacred.[/quote]

Well, it would be justice if Ollie Wines has to answer to this, for sure, but I've given up on there being any "justice" in footy. Very Happy
Or what?
Damien Aquarius

Me Noah & Flynn @ the G

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:40 pm

Jezza wrote:
He should be cited by the MRP. The AFL has made it abundantly clear that the head is sacred.

Crowd didn't say boo. Not surprising yet they booed Reid for a very soft late one on his opponent.

Yep he'll be up to the MRP. It was late and high. He's gone.

ROB 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:42 pm

PyreneesPie wrote:
So, does anyone reckon that Ollie Wines will get cited for his head high hit on Langdon? Probably not, because a) Langdon is a Collingwood player and b) Tommy did not make a fuss of it.

Absolutely - he was late, head contact and also he left the ground to make contact - 2 weeks in my book.

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:58 pm

ROB wrote:
PyreneesPie wrote:

Absolutely - he was late, head contact and also he left the ground to make contact - 2 weeks in my book.

The AFL have made it abundantly clear its the outcome that matters, not the intent or act.

If I tried to rob a bank and got no money, I'd hope the MRP were on the bench. I wouldn't even get cited.

stui magpie Gemini

Prepare for the worst, hope for the best.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:01 pm

First have was horrible football, the second half was good, we took the game on more.

Cox largely nullified Ryder so considering Ryder has been in discussion as the AA ruckman, I'll give Cox a big tick for that effort.

Port this year has thumped teams outside the 8 and lost to teams inside the 8. We ran them close on their home ground with some key midfielders out, I'll give that performance a big tick overall too, despite the appalling first half.

rosspies 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:38 pm

On De Goey, in the Press conference Buckley said that he copped an injury. Not sure what the injury was.
Georgia 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:43 pm

rosspies wrote:
On De Goey, in the Press conference Buckley said that he copped an injury. Not sure what the injury was.

We all copped an injury to our pride today

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 10:55 pm

I thought we had a go, brought in an undermanned side, but let ourselves down yet again with bad ball use. Chop was great.

www.facebook/the hybernators
Cam Capricorn

Nick's BB Member #166

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:07 pm

We've beaten Port only once in the last 7 games against them, by a goal at the MCG in 2014. In 4 of those contests we have only kicked one goal in the first quarter, in fact in only one of them had we scored 3 goals by quarter time, the other 2 were 2 goals only. In 4 games [not the same 4] we only had 4 goals til half time. The most was 6, once, we won that game. In 3 of those games we had 6 or less goals to THREE quarter time, with a maximum of 9, once.

In zero of those games did we total a score of more than 76 points for the game. In 5 of those games we scored less than 64 points for the GAME. In 5 of the games they scored more than 12 goals, and 86 points or more.

Port stop us scoring, and we can't stop them much going the other way.
They have our measure.

Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:10 pm

They're a bigger-bodied team than us and seem to intimidate us whenever we play them.

Our record against them since Hinkley started coaching them has been very poor.

HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:10 pm

Cam wrote:
We've beaten Port only once in the last 7 games against them, by a goal at the MCG in 2014. In 4 of those contests we have only kicked one goal in the first quarter, in fact in only one of them had we scored 3 goals by quarter time, the other 2 were 2 goals only. In 4 games [not the same 4] we only had 4 goals til half time. The most was 6, once, we won that game. In 3 of those games we had 6 or less goals to THREE quarter time, with a maximum of 9, once.

In zero of those games did we total a score of more than 76 points for the game. In 5 of those games we scored less than 64 points for the GAME. In 5 of the games they scored more than 12 goals, and 86 points or more.

Port stop us scoring, and we can't stop them much going the other way.
They have our measure.
It might take that long.
bally12 Aquarius

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 11:35 pm

Buckley doesn't get it. The sum of the Collingwood football club...whatever this club has been, is, and will be, is represented by the amazing Collingwood supporter base.

This club was borne out of adversity. It has endured against hardships, against systems, governance, adjudication that is clearly stacked against it. The "us against them" ethos is real. The working class supporter base that was responsible for starting this club, continued to support it and lifted it to the biggest and proudest club in the land. A mythical club even. It is not like other clubs. It succeeded when it shouldn't have. And it did so not because of playing meek, scared, backwards, tactical, zone-off football. It did so because it had the guts to take the game on, and play bold and brave football, even if it wasn't blessed with as much talent as the opposition. It's the reason that fans loved Darren Millane so much. In him they saw everything the club stood for. I'm certain anyone that saw Lou Richards, Bob Rose, and Jock McHale play and coach would say the same thing.

Buckley's game style is bringing this great club to its knees. I'm sorry Bucks, you are a nice guy, but you have misread what this club is all about. You should have got the message in the Hawthorn game when the supporters started booing the backwards play. That message was profound, and you should have heeded it.
There's more at stake now than wins and losses. What's at stake is the identity of this great club. It's the reason you must step aside, and let this club find itself again.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 14, 2017 12:28 am

bally12 wrote:
Buckley doesn't get it. The sum of the Collingwood football club...whatever this club has been, is, and will be, is represented by the amazing Collingwood supporter base.

This club was borne out of adversity. It has endured against hardships, against systems, governance, adjudication that is clearly stacked against it. The "us against them" ethos is real. The working class supporter base that was responsible for starting this club, continued to support it and lifted it to the biggest and proudest club in the land. A mythical club even. It is not like other clubs. It succeeded when it shouldn't have. And it did so not because of playing meek, scared, backwards, tactical, zone-off football. It did so because it had the guts to take the game on, and play bold and brave football, even if it wasn't blessed with as much talent as the opposition. It's the reason that fans loved Darren Millane so much. In him they saw everything the club stood for. I'm certain anyone that saw Lou Richards, Bob Rose, and Jock McHale play and coach would say the same thing.

Buckley's game style is bringing this great club to its knees. I'm sorry Bucks, you are a nice guy, but you have misread what this club is all about. You should have got the message in the Hawthorn game when the supporters started booing the backwards play. That message was profound, and you should have heeded it.
There's more at stake now than wins and losses. What's at stake is the identity of this great club. It's the reason you must step aside, and let this club find itself again.

Sorry bally12, I often like your posts, but I can't allow such criticism of Bucks to go unchallenged. Buckley's so-called hopeless coaching and horrid game-plan kept us in the game all day, despite missing Grundy, Pendles, Varcoe, Greenwood, Wells and incurring injuries to De Goey, Hoskin-Elliott and Goldsack early in the game. It was a frigging miracle we weren't smashed by 15 goals. Buckley is coaching us magnificently at present, but the truth is we simply do not have the personnel available at present to win games against top sides. None of us like to lose games, but it's important to examine the reasons for the losses, beyond just blaming the coach all the time. Sometimes a shit coach can win games, even Premierships, while a good or great coach can struggle to win much at all, because of the talent at their disposal.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 5 of 8   

Jump to: