Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Power - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:11 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Duff Soviet Union wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Looks like I've under-rated the Future Captain's game in the votes tonight. I see almost everyone has him in their top 5.

Maybe I should have watched the game?

I assume you mean Adams? Yeah, you're underrating him if you think he wasn't in our top 5. He was easily our best today. He got a ton of the ball, and used it very well. I thought he was BOG, and I'm really impressed with the way he's stood up without Pendles.

I gave Adams BOG.

Admittedly, I wouldn't have done so if I'd watched the game.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:13 pm

Tannin wrote:
IN: Wells. Pies win.
OUT: Wells. Pies lose.

Seems that Way.

Grundy was the 1 we missed the Most

ronrat 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 pm

I don't think Cox was that bad. The confusing umpiring (and that is kind) didn't help him and I thought he held his own. As the commontators said Ryder should be dominating but didn't. He competes and if can continue upwards could be a nightmare if we can stop our small forwards trying to outmark each other. Daicos, and Brown need to be given the roles next year to crumb off him. Look how many ruckmen are recycled. because it takes time. Ceglar, Luenberger, Stanley, Longer, Ryder, Petrie, Witts, McEvoy, Nankervis . Mumford for starters.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:14 pm

1. Talent deficit - Gray, Wingard, Ryder + their bottom three >> Elliott, Adams, Cox + Blair, Brown, Fasolo.

2. Big body deficit.

3. Skill deficit - we gave them four goals from turnovers more than they gave us

Fair result, given the above. Can we get better ? No idea, and i do7bt anyone else has one either.

Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:15 pm

Dave The Man wrote:
Tannin wrote:
IN: Wells. Pies win.
OUT: Wells. Pies lose.

Seems that Way.

Grundy was the 1 we missed the Most

Plus a fit Varcoe and Pendles, and Greenwoods grunt. sigh.

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:17 pm

RudeBoy wrote:
We were clearly exposed by not having a genuine ruckman to replace Grundy. Had he played, I reckon we'd have been a chance today. Still at least they fought it out. The most disappointing thing about the game was the performance of De Goey. He promises so much but is way too inconsistent. Today we needed him to stand up and he went missing. Not good enough Jordy.

Yeah, I was a bit perplexed by that. He look almost uninterested, although I'm sure he wasn't. I can't recall him playing much in the mid-field? (Could be wrong, because I didn't notice him much at all). Perhaps he needs to be in the middle to get that real fire in his belly.
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:18 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
Looks like I've under-rated the Future Captain's game in the votes tonight. I see almost everyone has him in their top 5.

Maybe I should have watched the game?

I had him as our best player tonight. He was rarely beaten one on one, and his intercept marking a highlight.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 pm

ronrat wrote:
I don't think Cox was that bad. The confusing umpiring (and that is kind) didn't help him and I thought he held his own. As the commontators said Ryder should be dominating but didn't. He competes and if can continue upwards could be a nightmare if we can stop our small forwards trying to outmark each other. Daicos, and Brown need to be given the roles next year to crumb off him. Look how many ruckmen are recycled. because it takes time. Ceglar, Luenberger, Stanley, Longer, Ryder, Petrie, Witts, McEvoy, Nankervis . Mumford for starters.

Yeah, Ryder certainly didn't have it all his own way and that's to Mason's credit. I reckon he did pretty well, all things considered.
Dave The Man Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:19 pm

Dixon showing we don't a Proper KPD/FB
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:20 pm

Yes he did, didn't he.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:21 pm

There were no shocks with how the match played out. Port Adelaide is a finals team and we're not, and the scoreboard reflected that in the end. Although, they're not convincing and I don't think they'll get far in September anyway.

Considering the number of exclusions we had which consisted of Pendles, Grundy, Wells, Greenwood and Varcoe it was always going to be difficult to win this game, especially against a Port Adelaide team that had been humiliated the previous week against their arch-rival and wanted to make a statement.

We played better football in the second half when we took the game on and played instinctively. The high possession game plan which was implemented in the first half was rigid and the players looked uncomfortable executing it. Our ineffective use of the ball exacerbated the issues with this particular game plan.

I had some hope in the third quarter when we mounted a come back, but at no stage did it look like we would win the game. However, we didn't get blown out of the park and we fought out the match reasonably well, especially when it looked like Port might blow us away at various stages of the game.

Reid's performance was excellent as he presented in the forward contests and got reward for effort more often than not. The improvement of Langdon and Scharenberg is another positive I could identify today as well.

Elliott and Fasolo are having a dip in form at the moment, and while De Goey is still a young player, his inconsistency will continue to be a source of frustration for supporters.

It's a sombre feeling when we're mathematically gone now, as we enter four years without finals (our third worst period in the club's history), and who knows when we'll be back in the eight again.

It's going to be a big psychological test for the players to see how they motivate themselves for the final two games. I'm sure some supporters will want us to "tank", but I'd like to see us go out on a high and ruin the chances of Geelong and Melbourne who still have much to play for.

PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:26 pm

So, does anyone reckon that Ollie Wines will get cited for his head high hit on Langdon? Probably not, because a) Langdon is a Collingwood player and b) Tommy did not make a fuss of it.
The insconsistency of the MRP drives me mad.
Jezza Taurus

2023 PREMIERS!

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:27 pm

He should be cited by the MRP. The AFL has made it abundantly clear that the head is sacred.
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:28 pm

Jezza wrote:

I'm sure some supporters will want us to "tank", but I'd like to see us go out on a high and ruin the chances of Geelong and Melbourne who still have much to play for.

Yep Jezza, would love to make life uncomfortable for Geelong and Melbourne, especially the latter. Laughing
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 9:31 pm

Jezza wrote:
He should be cited by the MRP. The AFL has made it abundantly clear that the head is sacred.

Yep, but Grundy and Ziebell similar incidents, one not even cited, go figure. Confused

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 4 of 8   

Jump to: