Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies lose to Power - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
PyreneesPie Pisces

PyreneesPie

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:21 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

We tried hard, but with 5 of our most skilled players out and playing at Adelaide oval, it was a big ask. Battled on well.
I liked the games of Langdon, WHE (even though injured - very brave) and Reid was great with his four goals.
kymbo5@yahoo.com.au 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:24 pm

We never gave up, even when the tide was turning their way, we battled on, got back and barring a tiny slice of luck here and there, could still have snatched it.
Love the heart they show, desperately need some more composure and higher skill level.
Disappointed with a loss, but can see a future that is bright.

mudlark 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 pm

I just have to say that IF?? Buckley instructed our team, our club to play the way we did in the first half, then he must go. It was embarrassing for all to watch.The commentators were so taken aback by the disgusting spectacle that they were actually trying to encourage Collingwood to"Kick the bloody thing" as Healy put it. The key board warriors were out in force calling the disappointed fans to go to Richmond and then goaded them when we threw that hideous game plan out the window and played direct football.A brand that would have seen us win the game perhaps, had we played that way from the get go.
We must also look at why we continually play Blair.Note to Blair.Watch Chad Wingard play footy and how he picks up the ball. That's how it's done. Fasolo was breathtakingly poor and was a total liability today. Almost unsighted and when he was it was sad to see.
Goldsack dropped at least 8 fairly simple marks and leaked his usual 3or 4 goals. I think Cox did well and will be worth persevering with.As I have said before, with Blair ,Phillips,Brown and the shocker by Far,we were literally 4 men down today and it showed. It put pressure on all the other mids. And one last thing.WHY??? did DeGoey NOT play on ball??Two horrid games in a row does not bode well going forward.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:26 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:
We never gave up, even when the tide was turning their way, we battled on, got back and barring a tiny slice of luck here and there, could still have snatched it.
Love the heart they show, desperately need some more composure and higher skill level.

YEP ! + 1 Smile

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
And the pathetic supporters come out fast.

Why the **** not mate?? We're paid up members, Im entitled to hold my club to account. I pay good money, I have every right to question our gameplan, our selections and our recruiting because right now it is absolutely shite.

We beat Kangaroos by 54 points last week and all the pro Buckley flogs (cue Kymbo) wanna sign him on, based on a very very average performance. Last weeks game was probably the most cringeworthy all year yet the club says we are goon g in the right direction. And who was the idiot who came up with the gameplan today? Probably cost us 28 points!!

And how Blair continues to get a game??? The fumble turnover and free in the third highlights every reason why he should be in the twos. I just don't get it. 6 disposals for the game, you're kidding aren't you!!

Last edited by Seth on Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
doriswilgus 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:30 pm

This will put a dent in our finals' chances....
Seth 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

kymbo5@yahoo.com.au wrote:

Coulda, shoulda, woulda!! Doesn't cut it anymore. 6 years of going backwards with no end in sight.
What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:31 pm

It was disgraceful. Port are pretenders and I can't believe we lost to them. All we had to do was have some semblance of a game plan and play at a AWFL standard and we should have won.

We should be forced to relinquish our Magpie name to Port after this debacle.

Pathetic Collingwood..Pathetic.

thesoretoothsayer 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:34 pm

mudlark wrote:
I just have to say that IF?? Buckley instructed our team, our club to play the way we did in the first half, then he must go. It was embarrassing for all to watch.

I'm not going to criticize the players. We were away, missing key men and had nothing to play for but still had a go. Well done.

But yes, the slow, sideways, backwards, let's try and be Hawthorn game plan has, apart from the 1st qtr against Sydney, failed us all year.
Howabout we drop it?
Collingwood Crackerjack 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:36 pm

They all but gift wrapped not one opportunity to steal the game, but two, count 'em, two gilt edge invitations to roll right over them, and we fluffed both of them.

Plenty of good players out this week, but we had them on toast twice, and shocking skill and decision errors costs us the game....we could have won going into a game against the Cats without Selwood on an almighty roll

© Collingwood Crackerjack, 1992
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:37 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
It was disgraceful. Port are pretenders and I can't believe we lost to them. All we had to do was have some semblance of a game plan and play at a AWFL standard and we should have won.

We should be forced to relinquish our Magpie name to Port after this debacle.

Pathetic Collingwood..Pathetic.

FIVE of our most skilled players out mate, gotta make a huge hole in the team, jeeesus, a tough day at the office. Time for a calming Shiraz or two. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
MatthewBoydFanClub 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:38 pm

I had a good day out today watching our VFL side at Victoria Park have a good win, then went home and opened a nice bottle of red to watch the Port Adelaide game. All my optimism ended at quarter time when I had to turn the TV set off and leave the room. So congratulations to all of you who stuck it out and watched the game through to the end. At some point I'll take a Valium and watch the replay. Since I didn't spot Callum Brown in the first quarter, can somebody tell me that Callum made a contribution in the other 3 quarters? Also how did Cox go? I didn't spot Ryder doing much apart from a mark he took in front of goals, so I'd like to think that Cox was able to break even with him.
think positive Libra

Side By Side

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:39 pm

AnthonyC wrote:
And the pathetic supporters come out fast.

Where were you in the game day thread? You looking in the mirror now?

swoop42 Virgo

Whatcha gonna do when he comes for you?

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:45 pm

I don't have Foxtel and couldn't be bothered finding a crap stream for what was essentially a meaningless game in a wasted season but do people seriously think we were a serious chance without our best ruck, best midfielder, best tagger and best distributor?

Port aren't that great but our only real strength is our midfield and when you remove 4 important cogs we were always going to be up against it.

Going by reports though our poor first half was seemingly the result of game day tactics so the coach needs to be held to account for that if correct.

Looking purely at the stats outside of Reid the rest of the fowards appear to have been poor and Blair's 6 possession game must surely be his last.

Ryder I see wasn't dominant so Cox must have at least negated his influence but unlike Grundy doesn't have the same ball winning ability.

Aish appears to have been fairly underwhelming with 14 possessions unfortunately.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 13, 2017 8:46 pm

Battled on and tried hard, but missing players and too many passengers ultimately doomed us.

Grundy was a huge loss, and I think today was the first time we've really missed Pendles.

If you look at most of our worst today, they probably shouldn't be in our best 22 (Blair, Aish, Cox, De Goey (exception), Brown).

Solid effort though, just not quite enough class. Man, I'd kill for a Robbie Gray or Wingard type in our team.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
Page 2 of 8   

Jump to: