Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Surviving without the skipper

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:01 pm
Post subject: Surviving without the skipperReply with quote

Given how frighteningly dependent we've been on our brilliant number 10 over the past 5 years or so, I've been pleasantly surprised to see us playing some of our best footy with him on the sidelines.

Adams in particular has really stood up, De Goey has shown heaps in an increased role, Treloar and Sidey have been themselves, Crisp is thriving in the backline, Wells has added class (well, he was terrible last night, but anyway) and Thomas is getting back to where he was.

I've been dreading what would happen when the great man started to see his influence slightly wane (which might have been happening anyway, his last three games were probably the worst 3 game stretch he's had since 2007), but I think we might be ok when that happens.

What'sinaname Libra

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:16 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Trade him and make Wells the Captain. We've been more successful with Wells in the side compared with Pendles.
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:17 pm

Are you a student?
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:20 pm

Our midfield depth is coming to the fore. This provides options for us to use Pendles more as a forward next year, which is the area which most needs improvement.
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 6:21 pm

What'sinaname wrote:
Trade him and make Wells the Captain. We've been more successful with Wells in the side compared with Pendles.

Not sure if this is sarcasm, but no.

i hate carlton 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:52 pm

A good team should have a few leaders willing to step up. We are a good team, with those leaders.

He's kicking pineapples!

My favourite nicks thread (Laugh at Carlscum): http://www.magpies.net/nick/bb/viewtopic.php?t=66021&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:04 pm

What'sinaname wrote:

As long as its not against North where he refused to even fire a shot for the night. I think I saw 2 kicks, 1 straight to a former team mate and the other the goal from the goal square
Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:15 pm

Wells had a quad injury (surprise surprise) and the way his teammates went to him after his goal tells you the kind of physical duress he was under.
eddiesmith Taurus

Lets get ready to Rumble

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 8:42 pm

So the old man was injured again? Why was he playing then?
qldmagpie67 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:36 pm

I've been impressed how the co captain Adams has gone.
Prior to Pendles being injured he wasn't playing well. Now he's playing well hitting the scoreboard and generally leading in a positive fashion.
Interestingly when he kicked those goals against the crows his team mates run to get around him.
He seems to be the spiritual leader in Pendles absence even though he shares the roll with Sidey.
He is defiantly the captain in waiting and it mightn't be a bad idea to free Pendles up just to be a player and add more responsibility to the next generation
Maybe in 2018 Adams scan be captain with Treloar Grundy Moore Howe as deputies with 4 of the 5 certain to be around in 2-3yrs when we could be contending if we nab the right players in trade or draft
Secondly I have actually been impressed by how the midfield as a unit has shared the workload around.
All of them have had latches during the games where they shone brightly and also a couple have changed there roles within the team to cover for some of the work Pendles did when playing
watt price tully Scorpio

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 9:49 pm

Mugwump wrote:
Wells had a quad injury (surprise surprise) and the way his teammates went to him after his goal tells you the kind of physical duress he was under.

Correct weight. After starring last week they should have rested or "managed" him especially on the hard and cold surface of the concrete dome that is Etihad.

Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:04 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
I've been impressed how the co captain Adams has gone.
Prior to Pendles being injured he wasn't playing well. Now he's playing well hitting the scoreboard and generally leading in a positive fashion.
Interestingly when he kicked those goals against the crows his team mates run to get around him.
He seems to be the spiritual leader in Pendles absence even though he shares the roll with Sidey.
He is defiantly the captain in waiting and it mightn't be a bad idea to free Pendles up just to be a player and add more responsibility to the next generation
Maybe in 2018 Adams scan be captain with Treloar Grundy Moore Howe as deputies with 4 of the 5 certain to be around in 2-3yrs when we could be contending if we nab the right players in trade or draft
Secondly I have actually been impressed by how the midfield as a unit has shared the workload around.
All of them have had latches during the games where they shone brightly and also a couple have changed there roles within the team to cover for some of the work Pendles did when playing

I think this is a good idea, although Pendles should still be part of the leadership group.

The question is whether he'd go for the "demotion" though.

CarringbushCigar Taurus

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 10:17 pm

Our transition is more direct now to my eye.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> General Discussion All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Page 1 of 1   

Jump to: