Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index
 The RulesThe Rules FAQFAQ
   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   CalendarCalendar   SearchSearch 

Post Match. Pies roast Roos - All comments please

Users browsing this topic:0 Registered, 0 Hidden and 0 Guests
Registered Users: None

Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Donny Aries

Formerly known as MAGFAN8.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:28 pm
Post subject: Reply with quote

Collingwood 16.15.111
North 7.15.57

Goals: Blair 3, Adams, Thomas 2, Elliott, Grundy, Wells, Moore, Howe, Treloar, Phillips, De Goey, Fas, 1

Disposals: Treloar 34, Adams 30, Langdon 29, De Goey, Crisp, Maynard, Shaz, Phillips 27, Sidey 26, Howe 24, Elliott 19, Grundy, Thomas 18, Blair, Dunn 16, Moore 15

AF points: Adams 124, Phillips 116, De Goey 114, Crisp 106, Treloar, Grundy 103, Maynard 101, Langdon 99.

DE%: Dunn 93.8, Langdon 93.1, Goldy 90, Maynard 88.9

Crowd: 33,394

It's a game. Enjoy it. Very Happy
Duff Soviet Union 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 5:48 pm

Really good game, some very encouraging signs.

De Goey was excellent and Scharenberg and Maynard probably played their best games ever, maybe Phillips as well. The entire defense was solid, the ball use was good, and the forward line as well as it has all season.

Mugwump 

PostPosted: Sun Aug 06, 2017 7:58 pm

FrankieGoesToCollingwood wrote:
We sometimes look like the most exciting team I've ever seen. We sometimes look like the most clueless team I've ever seen. I still haven't figured us out

Lol, that's what I've been saying for weeks. Imagine if we actually got a quality tall or two and started to function near our best fora whole game most weeks.

3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Very happy with the win, I know its late in the season , but a win over Brad Scott is always enjoyable.

www.facebook/the hybernators
ANNODAM Gemini

Rebel Heart Tour - The Forum, Los Angeles 27/10/2015.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 2:07 pm

A win's a win folks, only 3wks to go & we can all shut up shop for 2017.
Write this year off as nothing short of debacle.

N.Y METS, N.Y GIANTS, PENRITH PANTHERS & HOBART HURRICANES FAN.

WE ALL LOOK GOOD AT TRAINING, IT'S THE MATCHES THAT COUNT!
Culprit Cancer

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:02 pm

If we can play terrible footy and win by 50 most weeks I would be happy. Port on the rebound this week, all the pressure is on them.
3rd degree Aries

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 3:26 pm

Culprit wrote:
If we can play terrible footy and win by 50 most weeks I would be happy. Port on the rebound this week, all the pressure is on them.

Apparently there bringing in Jarrod Poulton for motivation.

www.facebook/the hybernators
masoncox 

masoncox

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:10 pm

droversdog65 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Most boring game I have seen in decades.
Maybe it is time I just follow Melbourne Storm.
I cannot get excited one iota with this team.
Time to cut my losses and just shut up shop.

Good move bye.

Rated worse game of the year in the australian newspaper this morning. Obviously you prefer cattle class to first class with a name like that.
Piesnchess 

piesnchess

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:34 pm

masoncox wrote:
droversdog65 wrote:
masoncox wrote:
Most boring game I have seen in decades.
Maybe it is time I just follow Melbourne Storm.
I cannot get excited one iota with this team.
Time to cut my losses and just shut up shop.

Good move bye.

Rated worse game of the year in the australian newspaper this morning. Obviously you prefer cattle class to first class with a name like that.

It takes two teams to play ugly football, not one, and all sides have days when scrappy, ugly, footy is the norm, teams coached by Lyon and Roos played ugly a lot, and won finals with it. Barrack for the pretty cats then, if you want pretty and prissy football. Razz

Chess and Vodka are born brothers. - Russian proverb.
Boogie Knights 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 5:47 pm

I'd prefer to win ugly than lose pretty any day of the week, and twice on Saturdays.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 7:53 pm

qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Best game Crisp has ever played. I'm not his greatest fan but I'm surprised there has been so little love for him in the votes.

And, gee, it was just magnificent to see the Future Captain and the Captain with their brilliant hands, thinking and disposal - Sidey to Langdon, Langdon to Sidey and back.

Now that Langdon's hitting his straps, again, after that bad run with injuries, he looks unstoppable and his ball-use is just phenomenal. WHE was quite skilful, too.

Lol mate never let your love of these players get in the way of the truth will you.
Sidey finished in 13th spot in SuperCoach ratings and 15th in champion data ratings for Collingwood players yesterday. Langdon finished 9th in SuperCoach ratings and 11th in champion data ratings. Hardly outstanding performances really. Given Langdon had more handballs than kicks it was a obvious coaching ploy not to have him kick the ball in our defensive 50 other than kick ins (he had only 1 kick in the defensive 50 other than kick ins) he handballed at all times inside our defensive 50 to other players hence his DE was so high yesterday.
Of Sidey's 26 touches 8 were 1-2 soft get and gives by hand which is why he didn't rack up any decent meaningful stats on champion data again.
As co captain along with Adams he has been good the past few weeks with Pendles out an he has changed his role (as directed by the coach) which does limit his ability to do other things granted.
It's quite obvious by the performance of a few players (Langdon included) they were given some harsh truths about there ongoing future at the club if there form didn't improve markedly over the remainder of the season I'm guessing this took place around 3/4 weeks ago as there has been some massive improvement in him along with Crisp and Phillips and a couple others
I'm prepared to bet any amount of money now Langdon will never captain Collingwood in a senior AFL game.
When the coaches votes come out we will see how highly the coaches rated there performances in comparison to the rest of the players

Ho Ho Ho.

One coach had Sidebottom second-best on the ground, after Adams. The other had Langdon third best on the ground, after Treloar and Adams.
RudeBoy 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:05 pm

I reckon Langdon is a beauty. We now have 3 players who are elite at intercept marking in Langdon, Howe and Scharenberg. They could become a powerful aerial defensive combination for many years to come.
The Weed 

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:26 pm

Pies4shaw wrote:
qldmagpie67 wrote:
Pies4shaw wrote:
Best game Crisp has ever played. I'm not his greatest fan but I'm surprised there has been so little love for him in the votes.

And, gee, it was just magnificent to see the Future Captain and the Captain with their brilliant hands, thinking and disposal - Sidey to Langdon, Langdon to Sidey and back.

Now that Langdon's hitting his straps, again, after that bad run with injuries, he looks unstoppable and his ball-use is just phenomenal. WHE was quite skilful, too.

Lol mate never let your love of these players get in the way of the truth will you.
Sidey finished in 13th spot in SuperCoach ratings and 15th in champion data ratings for Collingwood players yesterday. Langdon finished 9th in SuperCoach ratings and 11th in champion data ratings. Hardly outstanding performances really. Given Langdon had more handballs than kicks it was a obvious coaching ploy not to have him kick the ball in our defensive 50 other than kick ins (he had only 1 kick in the defensive 50 other than kick ins) he handballed at all times inside our defensive 50 to other players hence his DE was so high yesterday.
Of Sidey's 26 touches 8 were 1-2 soft get and gives by hand which is why he didn't rack up any decent meaningful stats on champion data again.
As co captain along with Adams he has been good the past few weeks with Pendles out an he has changed his role (as directed by the coach) which does limit his ability to do other things granted.
It's quite obvious by the performance of a few players (Langdon included) they were given some harsh truths about there ongoing future at the club if there form didn't improve markedly over the remainder of the season I'm guessing this took place around 3/4 weeks ago as there has been some massive improvement in him along with Crisp and Phillips and a couple others
I'm prepared to bet any amount of money now Langdon will never captain Collingwood in a senior AFL game.
When the coaches votes come out we will see how highly the coaches rated there performances in comparison to the rest of the players

Ho Ho Ho.

One coach had Sidebottom second-best on the ground, after Adams. The other had Langdon third best on the ground, after Treloar and Adams.

Whhhaaaaatttt, QldMagpie67 was wrong....unbelievable
HAL 

Please don't shout at me - I can't help it.

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:29 pm

We can't all be perfect.
Pies4shaw Leo

pies4shaw

PostPosted: Mon Aug 07, 2017 8:29 pm

HAL wrote:
We can't all be perfect.

And some of us are a little less perfect than others. Wink
Post new topic   Reply to topic    Nick's Collingwood Bulletin Board Forum Index -> Match All times are GMT + 11 Hours

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
Page 6 of 7   

Jump to: